need a features

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
vhdgkl

i need to see if the money on the book have taken or not...i try to explain better..

when the price move up than the back money taken..obviously..but there is a problem..often the back money disappear in a flash! and i don't see if the money on the back are taken ALL(almost all) or not.
horrible english ok...i try to explain with number.

price lay money vs price back money
400£ @6,4-----@6,6 1300£

a second later price goes up:
550£ @6,6-----@6,8 1200£

a 3 second later price goes up again:

500£ @6,8------@7 800£

i need to know in a less of a second(i have less of a second to choose open my trade or not) if that money (1300@6,6-1200@6,8)were taken or not..when i record video i discover that 80% of my wrong trade due to that back money is gone,disappeared ..disappear a moment before matched! and so no matched 1300@6,6-1200@6,8 bla bla but matched 200@6,6-300@6,8

in this situation i don't want back,but my eyes can not see that,and so i open my trade because i believe that the huge back money were taken but in the evening i see on recorded video that they were "fun" money.
and in the evening i say:flipping bastards! :lol:

is there a way for understand money taken all(or almost all) or if the money were disappear?

thank you
jimibt

vhdgkl wrote: ... [snip] but in the evening i see on recorded video that they were "fun" money.
thank you
sorry, this just really made me lol -no answer, but nice line :mrgreen:
Dallas

vhdgkl wrote:but in the evening i see on recorded video that they were "fun" money.
thank you
I think LeTiss would be proud of that line himself! But to answer your question all you can really go on is the traded volume bars and as the price moves does it register a similar amount on there that was once waiting at that price point or was it pulled at the last min in which case very little will show, although it can be difficult when the price is in the middle of a formed range.
vhdgkl

when in a trend(also in a no trend situation)money increase significantly it is an important indicator in my opinion.
if that money,at the back column, were taken then the price go down 2-3tick...if that money look like were taken but in reality they disappeared a moment before to be matched then it's a very different situation

i think that money exploit crossmatching(or they know exact(more or less) distribution of money on all other horses) ..if that money "agree" to be matched this is a good situation for entry to market...viceversa they disappear a moment before matched
Dallas

I agreed with what your saying (or think your saying) in that large chunks of money could be stacked up above the current price then pulled rather than being matched as the price moves which can be misleding but the only real indicator to weather it was matched or pulled at the last second is what gets shown in the traded volume.

There is a fair amount of discussion on XM in other threads on this forum and its not the most clearest of subjects, my understanding is that if someone places money on selection "A" and XM displays it on selection "B" if that money is then matchced on Selection "B" it shows in B's traded volume column (and not the selection it was originally placed on).

So it is likely that often rather than the money on a selection being pulled its actaully being matched elsewhere and showing in the traded volume column there but on the selection your looking at it just looks like its been pulled in the last second each time
LeTiss

It's very easy to think you're being tricked, or somebody is playing games

However, how many people use BA automation with a rather short 'Fill or kill' time delay? I know I occasionally do

So many traders are using automated strategies now, this money that appears and disappears within seconds, could simply be a genuine bot and not anything sinister. The downside of course, is that other bots can be tricked by the actions of rival bots....that's all part of the fun of the game :)

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”