Trading Systems

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
Danish Bettor

Hi all - and Merry Christmas :)

New to this forum but very interested in especially football trading as that is where most of my knowledge and interest lies.

As, I am sure, a lot of other people on this forum I have a dream of going full time one day (even though I have a nice well paying job today) but obviously I need some sense of belief that I can actually make it work and I am definitely not there today, so for now this is just a dream and a hobby. I have bought some of the books by Joseph Buchdahl and a couple of others in order to get the right mind and understanding for it, plus (and this is the reason for this post) some trading strategies online.

I have bought several trading systems, but I am still unsure if they work for real and the profits look very small but maybe they are scalable.

Does anyone here have any experience with any systems and are there other systems that they would recommend based on their own experience?
Dallas

Personally i would nt buy any more startergys from online, most can be found for free with a bit of searching, 'Lay the draw' being the most common one and many more have been discussed on here of the years.
This recent thead has some suggestions on how to put together some stratergies for trading football, and there is many more similar throughout this forum
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=13114

With almost every footbal stratergy the key is match selection and there is no better way than your own research to do this from, each week the football ratings are providing which can be used as a starting point for any number of stratergies so its worth keeping a eye on this thread
viewtopic.php?f=6&t=9588&start=320

Finally have a look at the Bet Angel videos on trading football, these will cover a few basic stratergies (for free), and offer up some tips and advice as well as show how some of the tools of Bet Angel can help you.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... 8385C5B599
Bluesky

Danish Bettor wrote: I have bought several trading systems, but I am still unsure if they work for real and the profits look very small but maybe they are scalable.
I tend to be very sceptical when I see trading systems for sale. Lets say you come up with a really profitable trading system that was making you five thousand pounds a month with very little draw down. Would you then try and sell it on line, or would you carry on using it and make as much money as you can.

If you did decide to sell it, what do you think would happen to the system, lets say you sold it to 500 people do you think they would all be able to make several thousand pounds profit a month out of it? Once systems get out into the open they will not be profitable for very long.

I think about the only useful thing you can get from a system is some ideas of how to come up with your own, and as Dallas says you can find most systems on line for free if you look hard enough.
Danish Bettor

Thanks for the replies. :)

Both of your replies make a lot of sense - I myself were wondering why they would sell their strategies to others who are in some respect their competitors. However, I use the strategies as valuable input on how to make up my own strategies, i.e. the thought processes can be useful. I will definitely follow the threads you link to, Dallas.
jonnyg

i can offer the best trading football system for FREE < look at the time of the opening goal in terms of expectation of draw bias < or otherwise :!:

in basic terms does an early goal in general lower expectation of a draw ?
nezas4444

how would one do this?
northbound

Personally, I wouldn't recommend any trading system: if everybody shares the same pie, everybody gets crumbles.

From my limited experience, what works is spotting certain team tendencies during a given season.

For example, Italian Serie A: after some research you can see that Genoa are a really well organised defensive team AWAY FROM HOME THIS SEASON, conceding a grand total of 2 first half goals in 10 away games, including trips to top teams such as Inter, Juventus and Napoli.

This is clearly a team that is well organised away from home, therefore suited to Under 2.5 back-to-lay strategies.

Look for team tendencies, rather than "systems". I'm saying this to you as well as myself, as human tendencies for "set and forget" systems is very strong but will probably get us nowhere.
webcash

I am looking for one soccer strategy .I have try LTD and some other , but i always have bad luck.
last 9 trade i have picked 9 0-0 matches and took a break . lol someone who have some strategy with insurance. 5-15 % profit ?
Thanks
Derek27

webcash wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:32 pm
I am looking for one soccer strategy .I have try LTD and some other , but i always have bad luck.
last 9 trade i have picked 9 0-0 matches and took a break . lol someone who have some strategy with insurance. 5-15 % profit ?
Thanks
Bad luck is something that strikes occasionally, like lightning. You can't always have bad luck, the strategy can't be working. It's unlikely that anyone with a successful strategy would want to share it as it's the same as sharing out their profits.
Kai

webcash wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 12:32 pm
soccer
Not sure if you're aware of this but every time you use that S word somewhere in the world a British person dies. Maybe your luck would turn if you searched for a football strategy instead.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:54 pm
Bad luck is something that strikes occasionally, like lightning.
Occassionally? ...about 100 lightning bolts strike the Earth's surface every second. That's about 8 million per day or 3 billion each year. :shock: That makes it lucky we're not hit, rather than unlucky when we are imo.

But I'm not a believer in "luck" actually, either good or bad, only probablities. If you believe in 'luck' then the next step is believing in 'fate' and at that point you might as well give up on the statistics and buy yourself a rabbit's foot. The problem is that it's a word thats so pervasive in our language and culture, just try getting through a day without using the word, it's difficult.

webcash, what was the probability that your strategy would fail 9 consecutive times? A couple of years ago we had a run of I think 29 losing favourites on the horses, these things happen. Lots of people stop using otherwise winning strategies because they have a bad start, there's even a YT vid by Peter on the subject. What you need to do before embarking on any strategy is to understand the liklihood of these events occuring, and then set your parameters for failure or success based on probabilities rather than guessing. You might then decide that when you hit a situation that has a liklihood of say 1 or ½% then it's time to move on.
ShaunWhite

Kai wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:29 pm
Not sure if you're aware of this but every time you use that S word somewhere in the world a British person dies.
:lol:
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:50 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:54 pm
Bad luck is something that strikes occasionally, like lightning.
Occassionally? ...about 100 lightning bolts strike the Earth's surface every second. That's about 8 million per day or 3 billion each year. :shock: That makes it lucky we're not hit, rather than unlucky when we are imo.
Divide that by the surface area of the earth into the amount of area that you occupy at any one time. 8-)
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:07 pm
Divide that by the surface area of the earth into the amount of area that you occupy at any one time. 8-)
I was sort of kidding as you know but it's a fair point, 3 billion strikes * 80 years / 510 Trillion sqm gives you a fighting chance of missing one.

Maybe your fact should go on the next WeightWatchers poster? :) Reducing your chance of being hit by lightening would definately be an attention grabber, especially when running away from storms is out.
sa7med

ShaunWhite wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:59 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:07 pm
I was sort of kidding as you know but it's a fair point, 3 billion strikes * 80 years / 510 Trillion sqm gives you a fighting chance of missing one.

Maybe your fact should go on the next WeightWatchers poster? :) Reducing your chance of being hit by lightening would definately be an attention grabber, especially when running away from storms is out.
webcash is this you?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Sullivan

now that's unlucky!!

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”