How much money do you need to live with betfair?

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
Kafkaesque

Bluesky wrote:
Fri Sep 22, 2017 8:34 am
Lucacrebbe wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:38 pm
When it comes to trading I am a little champion.
I am in a café reading this and I burst out laughing and nearly spilt my latte when I read this. Several other customers wanted to know what the joke was, I showed a couple of the regulars but they didn't think it was very funny. I guess I must have a weird sense of humour.

I don't think I have ever seen this phrase before in relation to trading, am I the only one that thinks its really amusing?
I feel, it's a matter of context. Everyone who's been doing this for more than a month or whatever knows that getting the hang of trading is a bloody grind and hard work. A lot of us, I would think, have been at a stage during the early parts of our paths along the learning curve of trading, where we said "I got this s***, I'm the king of the World!"....and then a week, a month passes and it's like "F*** me, I haven't got this", which is where you give up, or start the really hard work. Thus, anyone bursting in claiming to be a little champion is likely to gain little other than scorn and laughs. Well, the guy might actually be a one in 100.000 wunderkind that just gets it from go. But the gut instinct will be along the lines of
LeTiss wrote:
Thu Sep 21, 2017 3:43 pm
If you are such a talented little champion, you wouldn't need to ask what stakes are required to make £1000 a month
....and a feeling of, yeah yeah reality will hit you soon enough about what this requires, which makes the statement and whole post some tragically comical.

So the context being, if another of the regulars at your cafe was, say, an avid chess player putting in huge amounts of work to study the game and improve, and someone came on a chess forum making similar claims, he'd find that just as funny as you do this one here, while you may just shrug at the chess claim, because while you have a basic understanding that chess is difficult, you don't have the same deep understanding of what it really, truly requires.
Rstrach

I feel inclined to chime in here.

I came into trading with similar confidence to O.P. I had a great run and rolled my bankroll over several times..

I eventually turned it full time and lasted barely a few months before i was in over my head and had a day of melt down due to a combination of factors (thread on here if you are nosey)

It can make you feel untouchable but unfortunately you will be found out! now back in full time work and just trading as a side line for enjoyment..

so basically watch out for complacency O.P and good luck in reaching your goals!! :)

R

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”