Gap Filling

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
Cards37

Hi all, I have done some searching on gap filling as a strategy but not really come up with much. Is anyone aware of any decent resources on this? Thanks in advance.
Dallas

In what way and what markets?
Cards37

Lower liquidity horse/greyhound pre-race markets. I see references to this as a strategy but have never really seen it clearly articulated.
Cards37

To clarify - being in Australia in the evening my only trading options are often greyhounds or low volume harness racing.
Dallas

I would suggest automation for any type of gap filling strategy just for the speed and it never gets bored of looking or distracted, I 've never used it on harness racing but all my greyhound bots are built around 'filling gaps' in one way or another

There are a few example automation files and servants available for download you could start with and build on
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11522
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11669

viewtopic.php?f=58&t=15227
Cards37

Thanks and I will check them out, in fact I already have tried some of them. The main problem I have with it is with automation I havent worked out how to address the issue of the price shooting off in one direction causing a large loss. That's really why I want to delve into it deeper :) The problem with almost all of my trading at the moment - hardly surprising I know - is the occasional massive loss wiping out all my small profits.
Dallas

Cards37 wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:58 pm
Thanks and I will check them out, in fact I already have tried some of them. The main problem I have with it is with automation I havent worked out how to address the issue of the price shooting off in one direction causing a large loss. That's really why I want to delve into it deeper :)
Servants are very good in this way because you can start and stop them with the press of a button as well as watch them in action, so you can build/add bits to it to deal with situations as you spot them.

Then if you can get it to the stage of no interference needed run it as full automation :)
Cards37

A bit of a follow up on this. I'm not sure I actually understand my own definition. When I do google searches I come up with a lot of references to FOREX trading ... is the principle the same?
Cards37

Also, I’ve watched Peter’s short 3 min video on servants in happy greyhound markets and I’m a little confused. Looking at the servant that ran there was two back bet rules - scalpy back and cover back. I must be missing the concept I can’t see how that works?

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”