Bet Angel Review

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
MemphisFlash

Personally i think Caan Berry has done this review a great injustice in saying that Bet Angel would be in his top 3!!!
It should be his No. 1 but judge for yourselves and feel free to comment.
Trader Pat

MemphisFlash wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:14 pm
Personally i think Caan Berry has done this review a great injustice in saying that Bet Angel would be in his top 3!!!
It should be his No. 1 but judge for yourselves and feel free to comment.
You have to remember though that Caan Berry actively flogs other trading software so he's hardly likely to say BA would be his number 1 :)

I dont think there's much doubt that BA is the best software out there by a distance. When I discovered Betfair the first software I used was the one CB is associated with and it doesnt seem to have changed much if at all over the past 7-8 years.
Dallas

It’s quite possible one of the worse done reviews I think I have ever seen, I’m not even sure I would call it a ‘review’ so it begs the question what its true purpose was?

Right from the very start, there was no mention that there are two versions of Bet Angel (Trader & Pro) although only the more expensive Pro version pricing was highlighted.

When he moved onto the actual software surely to do a proper ‘review’ the best thing to do would be ensure it’s the latest version your using? whereas the version used in the review was V1.40.1 which was released over 3 years ago back in early 2015 – the latest version is now V1.50.1 during which time there has been 9 major upgrades.

So, to start with all the features added during this period are left out of the review including features which are NOT available in any other software!

These include,
Guardian
Servants
Advanced Automation
Streaming
Watchlist
Etc etc

I know you can’t cover every little detail in a review but covering the ‘Key Features’ is surely a must if you intend to do a credible unbiased review of something.

The Bet Angel user guide lists 21 key features of Bet Angel Professional yet 12 of these never even got a mentioned in the review (that’s 57%)
To see the actual key features of Bet Angel Professional including ALL those missing from the review for some reason click the following link

https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/bet ... eview.html

EDIT

At the time of writing this at the start of 2019, I've noticed he has now removed the bulk of comments from the YouTube video all of which just happened to be the positive ones towards Bet Angel or how badly in general, the review was done (I'm sure one of the comments was from the OP of this thread himself who stated what he did above if so its now gone)!

IMO this just cements the reasons for the review in the first place as listed above but I'll let other draws there own conclusions on why someone would review software they dislike then remove all but one of the positive of the comments left.
IMO
ShaunWhite

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:02 pm
You have to remember though that Caan Berry actively flogs other trading software so he's hardly likely to say BA would be his number 1 :)
Exactly, it was an acknowledgement of it's existance rather than a review.

He created a rod for his own back doing reviews bearing in mind he has an affiliation with GT. I suspect if PW did a review of GT it would be equally fleeting.
LeTiss

Does he interact with this forum at all?

He seemed to be aware of certain posters posting a lot
Dallas

LeTiss wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:17 pm
Does he interact with this forum at all?

He seemed to be aware of certain posters posting a lot
Not posted since a few months after the version he reviewed was released back in 2015 but last logged on a week ago
LeTiss

It was a dreadful review though. In fact it could have been an unofficial review by a BA competitor.

How can a professional trader, that is now proudly selling his fooking book, just skim over Dutching and Bookmaking, saying he never uses those facilities, and then make no effort to show the capabilities of Guardian or Automation

I'm actually quite angry about that, it's almost as if he has tried to undermine Peter Webb in some way
Euler

It's a missed opportunity for Caan, as he could have positioned himself as an impartial expert, but this falls way short of that mark.
Trader Pat

I've actually only watched the review now, dont think he'd get a job with Which!
LeTiss wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:31 pm
How can a professional trader, that is now proudly selling his fooking book, just skim over Dutching and Bookmaking, saying he never uses those facilities, and then make no effort to show the capabilities of Guardian or Automation
Not even one word about Guardian is like reviewing the latest Ferrari and not mentioning the engine.
LeTiss

Trader Pat wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:37 pm
I've actually only watched the review now, dont think he'd get a job with Which!
LeTiss wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:31 pm
Not even one word about Guardian is like reviewing the latest Ferrari and not mentioning the engine.
Exactly

Bet Angel is an exceptional product, and I feel gutted for Peter and his team, that a fellow trader treats his software so dismissively. It's almost as if it's personal, perhaps it is! Now that Caan is gaining followers on various platforms, he feels the need to neutralise competitors
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:37 pm
It's a missed opportunity for Caan, as he could have positioned himself as an impartial expert, but this falls way short of that mark.
How can he do that if he has an affiliation? (just a rhetorical question that doesn't need a reply)

While the subject of software is front and centre, I've been meaning to ask if you use any other bespoke software or BA locked features. I can imagine that after all these years you have some pretty slick monitoring, data collection & analysis stuff. There's also things in the API stream that aren't exposed via BA, like as volumes at price points, seperately tracking back and lay volumes etc etc.

Perhaps you could give us an insight one day into your infrastructure, that pc on your desk with 4 screens must be just the tip of the iceberg.
sionascaig

He did say you can post comments on his channel if you think he missed something...

But yes, it was all a bit amateurish if he wants to be taken seriously - maybe just having an off day & a bit tired )
Euler

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 3:02 pm
While the subject of software is front and centre, I've been meaning to ask if you use any other bespoke software or BA locked features. I can imagine that after all these years you have some pretty slick monitoring, data collection & analysis stuff. There's also things in the API stream that aren't exposed via BA, like as volumes at price points, seperately tracking back and lay volumes etc etc.

Perhaps you could give us an insight one day into your infrastructure, that pc on your desk with 4 screens must be just the tip of the iceberg.
Having just moved office I've just upgraded everything so will do a video on it at some point or a Q&A on here. I've longed for some time to create a perfect trading den.

"There's also things in the API stream that aren't exposed via BA, like as volumes at price points, seperately tracking back and lay volumes etc etc."

If you think there is a case for putting something into the product we are happy to hear it. I'm not familiar with those features or even sure how / if they exist? It may be better to break that into the suggestions thread / category.
spreadbetting

I just listened to it , does seem quite dismissive of the software and I like the throwaway comments about the forum being "relatively popular" and generally the same posters :) But he must being doing something right as the latest accounts show there was £63K in the company coffers and I assume that's after directors renumeration has been taken out too.
ShaunWhite

Last edited by ShaunWhite on Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”