looking for a profitable staking plan using compounding

Learn sports betting strategies and discuss key factors to consider when placing a bet.
gazuty

nivi7 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 12:35 am
it is only 2.5 units per week
it is very achievable number for any bettor
that's why we rise the stake 10% each month and that's the reason this plan has one month time period to achieve
the target
Step 1 - do you have an edge?

A. Yes
B. No
C. I don't know
nivi7

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:07 am
. But the staking plan you put forward in the OP instructs to increase stakes by 10% regardless, even if you lose!
no
you rise the stake when you make that 10 units profit
Derek27

nivi7 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 8:47 am
Derek27 wrote:
Sat Aug 24, 2019 1:07 am
. But the staking plan you put forward in the OP instructs to increase stakes by 10% regardless, even if you lose!
no
you rise the stake when you make that 10 units profit
That is actually what I do anyway except the process is continuous, not in 10% increments (why don't you use percentages instead of units of 100 - it's the same thing?). Nobody had to come up with a staking plan as it's obvious.

I take it you're a bettor and not a trader. It's quite foolhardy betting to flat £10 stakes, you cannot justify having as much on a 33/1 outsider as you would an even-money favourite. You will also find that when you place a £10 order and £2 gets matched, you won't get £20 matched when you're staking £100, it will still be just £2 matched so you'll struggle to scale up when your stakes get bigger. Eventually, you'll be limited to what the market can offer.
TipTopTrader

You have describe the staking plan yourself. You use 5% as a stake and set a .5% stop loss

Lets say you have 1k euro, so you use 50 euro stakes and have a .5% stop loss so you never loss more then 5 on a lossing trade.You wait till the bank increases by 10% and then you use the new amount, which would be 55 as a stake and 5.5 as a stop loss.

If somehow things arent going well you adjust if you have a 10% drawdown. 900 euro bank 45 as a stake and 4.5 as a stop loss.

If your betting then staking to collect 4 or 5 % of your bank is the correct why to do it. Using your marked price or the market as a price. So if you back a 4 dollar runner you bet 10 euro from your 1k as you want to collect 4% of your bank which is 40 euro, if its 2 dollars then you bet 20 euro, or 25 if you want to bet to collect 5% of the bank , and adjust as the bank rises or falls 10%.
rik

targeting profits is stupid, the bigger your edge the bigger you should bet, dont have an edge dont bet.
say you reached your target and someone offered you 2/1 on a coinflip your not going to take the bet?
its like roulette players walking away after "locking in" a profit, if you think thats smart you shouldnt play in the first place, no staking plan will help you without an edge
Derek27

rik wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:00 am
targeting profits is stupid, the bigger your edge the bigger you should bet, dont have an edge dont bet.
say you reached your target and someone offered you 2/1 on a coinflip your not going to take the bet?
its like roulette players walking away after "locking in" a profit, if you think thats smart you shouldnt play in the first place, no staking plan will help you without an edge
The suggested staking plan isn't about stopping when you reach your target but increasing stakes. It's really like a plan to get a job that pays £1M a year and buy a mansion. Purchasing the mansion is the easy part and you don't really need to be told what to spend the money on!
TipTopTrader

rik wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:00 am
My post wasn't about the best strategy to make a profit. The OP was about a compound staking plan.

I just gave 2 options on what he could use.

I did say you should bet to your rated price, your edge, but if you can't frame a accurate. market its better to use the market price as a guide.
rik

was replying to opening post
TipTopTrader

rik wrote:
Sun Aug 25, 2019 3:40 am
was replying to opening post
Ok no worries.
ANGELS15

Staking plans wont make you profitable only strategies that have a better than 50% success rate over long periods of time.
eightbo

Stake as Liability to a % of your current bank roll between 1%-15%. The higher your strike rate = the higher % you can get away with.
The number should make mathematical sense 1st (low Risk of Ruin — account is able to survive worst-case drawdown)
and
Within your risk appetite 2nd (being able to stomach that drawdown psychologically)
nivi7

bump for more ideas and plans
nivi7

here re my 2 cents
most people here lack the sense of time,they see betting as a present activity
this way,if they re good they will have profits
But if you see your betting in an horizon of 1 year,2 years or even better three years everything changes
first of all you there is no pressure,you have all the time you need to wait till the good match appears
and it is far more easier to be discipline and stick to your bets you decided
(in my opinion this is huge and i d love to hear you thoughts on this)

the benefit of the plan i posted on the OP,having a bank of 1000,breaking it to 100units ad aiming to 10 units profit per month gives you in 3 years,with 2.5units profits per week, 27.000
that's an amazing achievement that can lead you in 3 or 4 years in the financial freedom you always wanted.

this staking plan is the first one i ve heard,i got amazed,and felt the need to share it with everyone
but im sure there must be a few better that this
so please feel free to share thoughts and opinions
Derek27

nivi7 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:10 pm
most people here lack the sense of time,they see betting as a present activity...
Me again. ;)

I think you're grossly underestimating the traders on this forum!

The staking plan you suggested is plain common sense, it doesn't require thinking up and nobody needed to tell me about it. It's obvious if you're running a successful supermarket and have the funds, provided there's sufficient demand, you can open another one and scale-up

What you don't seem to understand is that trading is not as scalable as you would like to think it is. You might lay a horse at 3.5 for £200 and trade it for a profit or loss. But with £2K in a market that won't support it, there may not be enough cash in the market to close trade resulting in a heavy loss. Your percentage profit will go down the more you stake, but simply scale up your stakes regardless of market conditions and you'll plummet into the negative!
Derek27

nivi7 wrote:
Thu Aug 29, 2019 2:10 pm
...gives you in 3 years,with 2.5units profits per week, 27.000
that's an amazing achievement...

...but im sure there must be a few better that this
That's a bit of a contradiction! You're amazed by the profits but dissatisfied because there must be better plans.

I think you're forgetting that no staking plan is a substitute for bad betting/trading, do well and the profits comes naturally. It's not the staking plan you need to get excited about but your results. Or why not start with £2K or £5K and accelerate the process?
Last edited by Derek27 on Thu Aug 29, 2019 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”