Betfair trading strategies : Newbies Trading in the Dark

Interested in learning to trade on Betfair. Check out this section for advice, knowledge and discussion on trading strategies.
NR169

Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:39 pm

"What goes up must go down"

Except the ones that dont!!

:?

ijamieson

Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:15 pm

Great post!

Steven Smith

Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:43 am

Thank you for your informative post.
I am one of those in the dark and I look forward to following you observations and comments.

threedogs

Mon Jan 20, 2014 10:31 am

Hi,
I find your post very interesting however you keep saying 'after tax' and as there is no betting tax I wondered what you were referring to?

LinusP

Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:02 pm

threedogs wrote:Hi,
I find your post very interesting however you keep saying 'after tax' and as there is no betting tax I wondered what you were referring to?
The premium charge...

http://www.betfair.com/aboutUs/Betfair.Charges/

ray131262

Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:10 pm

This is all far too analytical and complex than you need. I started knowing nothing 18 months ago and now am doing very nicely, but without all the "analysis paralysis" it really isn't needed to the degree covered by this person here.

My advice is simple - buy quality hands on training by a pro. That's what I did and I quickly learned the principles of trading, how to use BA, set up candle charts and then follow a range of 15 strategies across racing, footie and tennis that have been proven and work.

This weekend I will spend about an hour or so doing some stat checks at a relatively high level and then get on with trading and will make a decent return.

"the edge" is over used. Learn some tricks from traders through training and you will learn what to do, when and how.

Just my view, but I do find so many people just try and jump in. You need to pay to learn properly otherwise risk money and faff around trying to understand what is happening and why.

Iron

Fri Feb 28, 2014 11:29 pm

ray131262 wrote: My advice is simple - buy quality hands on training by a pro.
You could, although James 1st is a pro, and he's offered detailed advice FOC that you've dismissed as 'paralysis analysis'. Why assume that advice you pay for will be better quality than that which is available FOC in forums such as this?

Also, what makes you think that you'll necessarily be able to profit from the pro's methods? Unless they show you exactly what they do (they won't), you may well end up missing the vital ingredient(s).

A pro has found a method that works for them (up to now, anyway). That may be because of what they think they know about the market, or it may be despite it. If that seems implausible, consider why pros in this forum disagree with each other about various things.
ray131262 wrote:This weekend I will spend about an hour or so doing some stat checks at a relatively high level and then get on with trading and will make a decent return.
You'll try to. It's not guaranteed.

Are you able to name the pro you learned from, btw? It wasn't a guy called Tony, was it? :)

Jeff

to75ne

Sat Mar 01, 2014 12:01 am

ray131262 wrote:
This weekend I will spend about an hour or so doing some stat checks at a relatively high level and then get on with trading and will make a decent return.
oh yeah - what yer gonna do if betunfuns elastic band snaps.

mugsgame

Sat Mar 01, 2014 3:10 am

Ferru123 wrote:
Also, what makes you think that you'll necessarily be able to profit from the pro's methods? Unless they show you exactly what they do (they won't), you may well end up missing the vital ingredient(s).

Jeff
I find this offensive

switesh

Sat Mar 01, 2014 4:24 am

I'll say this for Mugs - he HAS shown his methods and thought process in his videos as fine as I've ever seen a trader explain his methods.

Euler does this in some of his videos, but not many other traders I know would go out of their way to genuinely help new traders.

You're a class on your own Mugs. Stay up there.

Return to “Betfair trading strategies”

• Information