Laying the draw-Help

Share your automation file with other users.
Rafick385

Hi,

I've tried automating laying the draw with greening after there's profit, and the rule is working for some matches but not others. For several matches Bet Angel isn't greening even if there's a goal and even when the green all profit is quite high. I would be very grateful if someone could help me sort this out. Thanks.

Rafick
LeTiss

Is this via Excel or Bet Angel Automation within Guardian?

It's difficult to suggest what you're doing wrong without seeing what rules & parameters you've set on BA automation, or the commands on Excel
frankclake

I have been using Guardian Automation for Lay The Draw for quite a while now successfully. Happy to share the rule with you which of course you can customise for your own use.

Regards
sonaht

If in automation try and use Offset bet with greening,
set the offset ticks not too high.
I use about 20 offset ticks so as to close the trade early..
- You can also add a trailing stop on the above so as to red out if the match is tacking too long to saw a goal..

In addition i use a condition for the automation to pick the nice value for the draw.
i.e the draw odds are >4 or 4,5 or 5

If anyone would like to share a rule we have a very nice thread for sharing! :P
Rafick385

Thank you all for your replies. I'd very much like to get your rules if possible, franklake and sonaht.

Rafick
andrejt

Rafick385 wrote:I'd very much like to get your rules if possible, franklake and sonaht.

Rafick
Me too! Any chance to share them? :oops:
Dublin_Flyer

I'm having a problem with the bets triggering for some matches but not others. I think it's happening when too many matches are due to kick off at say 15.00 and possibly the market refresh interval I have set is too fast and missing some games. Still early in practice mode though and have a filter for the market volume being over 5k to eliminate the random u20 or ladies games, so the volume could be the cause either.

Basically my idea came from a shitload of emails in 2 days about dobbing on horses. I was wondering about dobbing the draw, then was thinking of someone here on the forum saying long term it's better to have lots of small pluses in your bank growth as opposed to lots of zero's and then a big figure every so often when the team comes back from 2 or 3 down to get the draw.

So I did some number crunching, checked all the price increments from 3.0-8.0, and what the offset with greening tick would be to make a profit of 75% of your stake after 5% comm. Granted there's games above 8.0, usually Barca/Real/Bayern vs very low positioned teams, probably not really worth the effort profit/liabilitywise to go that far. Likewise there might be a game with a price below 3.0, I'd be suspect of any bet in a game with a draw priced that low anyway.

With there being 51 increments, I have it set to trigger at bunches of 5 (lay at 3.0, 3.05...3.2) at 5 minutes pre start, next bunch 15 seconds after, and last one at 2 mins pre start, with keep all bets set for 30 seconds pre start.

The idea behind keeping the offset instead of a greening up command is so it gets hit if there's a fat finger or something else to cause a price spike, so the money is there waiting to be matched, instead of waiting for guardian to refresh the markets on a cycle and be too late to trigger a green up.

Also I had to include a condition that the number of matched bets on the selection = 0 because a couple of times 2 lays were matched at 0.05 or 0.1 intervals.

Stakes are set at a liability of 50 for easiness sake, could suit better to set for a stake of 10 or 100 or whatever suits yourself.

Feel free to point out any flaws or improvements :)

POST SCRIPT: Regarding 1st paragraph, watched the 17.30 games kick off and the only one that didn't trigger was Fortuna Dusseldorf II as there was only 2400 volume then, it's risen to 21k at half time so I think volume was the initial cause of other games not triggering when I wasn't here to monitor them, so it seems to be working good so far, fingers crossed of course!
2nd POST SCRIPT: Watched the kickoff volumes from the 19.00-19.30 games, anything that was below 5k volume didn't match as per the condition in the lays, all others matched 1 time and 1 offset with greening kept in running, so the 1st paragraph is moot now, all sorted and happy with that aspect.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dublin_Flyer

Couple of screencaps from the 19.00-19.45 games that were matched, 1 cap is at 20.20 (not shown, checked time created) and the other is the full time with the p&l figures in the in-play column and not properly aligned because I'm shit at using MS Paint to be perfectly honest!

Not a bad result overall I think, 24 games layed blindly at the prices and from 1200 risked, the loss was 112. Bearing in mind there was I think, 2 games with an injury time equalizer before the offset could have been possibly matched, it could have swung either way. 17/24 hit the offset target for a strike rate of 70.8% using a selection of kick off times comprising teams from the Netherlands, Denmark, France, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Italy, and Scotland, without any limits or restrictions! (UCD v Dundalk shouldn't be there in final table, below 5k at kick off)

I'm happy to go blindly into laying all of Saturdays games, in practice mode of course, and see how we fare. There's plenty of websites with statistics about which divisions have the most or least amount of draws, where your offset might or might not be matched early, but also divisions where a late goal is more common than other leagues, so you could have a better profit margin there.

Submitted the pics in reverse order, apologies.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sonaht

In reply to Rafick385.
My rule is a simple one.
It selects matches with odd for draw above a certain price.
It selects matches above a certain volume.
It lays the draw and offset it with greening on specified ticks above the lay price.

The thing is that if no goal appears on the match you loose money.
Might be wise to place a "Lay bet with greening,offset and trailing" Set the trailing at a the amount that you are comfortable in loosing if the goal takes ages to come here.

A simple rule...
Last edited by sonaht on Tue Feb 17, 2015 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
sonaht

Dublin_Flyer !!
Thanks for submitting!
Will give it a try on practice mode!
andrejt

@Dublin_Flyer

Have tried the rule today - basically loaded all match odds markets for today (after 13.00) and let the rule run : 160 profit, 550 loss :(
Dublin_Flyer

Had much the same luck @andrejt, it would be almost a miracle if a cover-all aspect worked though!
The greening price is too high for the profit margin wanted so it's normally only reached when the fav is minimum 2 goals ahead which isn't happening often enough.

I'll be doing my usual fiddling around with figures over the weekend so I'll try out 50%/25%/10% profit margins and see is there any happy medium or anything worth looking into further.

On evening shift this week so I have BA running in regular mode while I'm out so can't run the practice mode between leaving at 2pm and getting in at 10pm so only markets with very little liquidity are left outside those times. Will update if I find anything interesting on the quest :)
andrejt

sonaht wrote:In reply to Rafick385.
My rule is a simple one.
It selects matches with odd for draw above a certain price.
It selects matches above a certain volume.
It lays the draw and offset it with greening on specified ticks above the lay price.

The thing is that if no goal appears on the match you loose money.
Might be wise to place a "Lay bet with greening,offset and trailing" Set the trailing at a the amount that you are comfortable in loosing if the goal takes ages to come here.

A simple rule...
Yesterdays results :

WON : 12.3
LOSS : 17.94
TRADED : 10 markets
galp87

@Dublin_Flyer

Hey D.F. :)

Can you please tell me your results from your "Lay Draw v2.0" since 17.2. Overall is negative or positive?

Also I would like to know how did you get exact number of ticks for every Odd if this is not a secret? :)

Thank you very much D.F. ;)
probetting1

frankclake wrote:I have been using Guardian Automation for Lay The Draw for quite a while now successfully. Happy to share the rule with you which of course you can customise for your own use.

Regards
Im looking to get into lay the drawe,and would like your file,if you dont mind mate.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Shared files”