Guardian Automation Shared Files Library & Suggestions

Share your automation file with other users.
Dallas

vabole wrote:Hello can you please help set up global settings. I am using automation rule with 25 stake "Lay the First to trade %40 2.0" . If horse losing that fine will win my bet, but if lose I will lose all my stake, so I want set up my settings to take lose 6 pounds
To use the options from the global settings in a automation rule if you go into edit the rule on the parameters tab you can add options from the global settings area ie, stop losses and offset's etc.

If you want to close your trade using a loss value rather than a number of ticks you can add additional rule types into the rule to do this, details of what to add can be found here
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11656

Or you can download a automation file from here and copy the contents to the file your using
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=11407
vabole

nnnn
Last edited by vabole on Sun May 15, 2016 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
vabole

Hi I again stuck, I lay in-play at 2 odds and then set up stop and profit hedges, in practice mode everything working fine wins are more like loses, but next day I was try with real money and I lose all stakes, because all my bets for profit hedges was unmatched and just was matched stop lose hedges.

So what I can add to my rule to be matched profit hedges?

Thank you
Dallas

vabole wrote:Hi I again stuck, I lay in-play at 2 odds and then set up stop and profit hedges, in practice mode everything working fine wins are more like loses, but next day I was try with real money and I lose all stakes, because all my bets for profit hedges was unmatched and just was matched stop lose hedges.

So what I can add to my rule to be matched profit hedges?

Thank you
There is no single answer just a case of trial and error till you find what works best for what your doing,
ricardodeano

As per my comment on the 1.44 release post, I'd be very interested in looking at an automation that used the new signals facility. In particular, this example:

"- Check that the number of ticks between one selection and another remains over or under X amount of ticks and/or for a period of time."

For example, I'd like to be able to back the favourite when it's clear by x odds and maintains this difference between itself and the second favourite. If the second favourite comes in and the gap reduces to less that the x odds for 3 seconds, the bot greens up.

Does that make sense?!
Dallas

ricardodeano wrote:As per my comment on the 1.44 release post, I'd be very interested in looking at an automation that used the new signals facility. In particular, this example:

"- Check that the number of ticks between one selection and another remains over or under X amount of ticks and/or for a period of time."
In case anyone was waiting for and missed it a bot to do this was added to the sharded files library a short while ago, there has also been 3-4 more added over the last few weeks, as always links for each bot are added to the opening post of this thread and the 'Shared files' section of the forum has recently been re-organised to make them easier to find. viewforum.php?f=43

If anyone has any further suggestions for a type of bot they might want to see added post a quick message here.
JK135

Hi,

I am new to the automated side of Betangel. I was wondering in peoples experiences what is the best method to lock in a small profit – between £2-£5 per trade? I am looking for this to be automated so I am able to start the trade at the start of the event.

If this would not be possible – I would be really interested in a method that is heavily in favour of a profit, but with the ability to put a stop loss on there as a safety net.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Jordan
Dallas

Instead of looking at a profit target and trying put some automation together to get that you need to begin with a basic stratergy or task you want to automate and try to build on that to carve an edge out of the market.
The files avalible in the shared files library are there to give you that first starting point from there its up to you to watch how they perform and add in conditions and paramters etc to try and minimize the loses which in turn will increase the profits.

For example if you notice the rule 'Back the likley winner' does nt do so well if it triggers and there is still 2 or more horses trading below 10.0 you would add a condtion that there is to be only one or no horse trading below when it triggers and so on from there.

On most of the threads relating to that file users have discussed ways to evolve the file and its always worth asking the question if your in doubt as to weather some thing may work or can be done but no one is going to give away the exact condtions and settings they are using and have spend many many hours trialling and testing.
Bavski

Hi, just looking for a bit of guidance on a rule I'm trying to put together from other bits of rules. How much of this would work I'm not sure.

I'm trying to set up to lay the field at 1.6 when two horses are trading at 2 or below. I've tried the two horses below 2.0 in 5 seconds but most often a horse has drifted well out by that time and doesn't come back, leaving me to lay the winner. I've tried shortening the time to 1 second but it either doesn't fire or one still drifts out.

I've also added a back the likely winner for the first horse that hits 1.4 with an added condition that the matched bets on the market <2, so if the lay has fired and made a profit it won't back a horse. Would it be possible to add a trade out if not fave to this one?

Basically I just would like to know if this is possible in one rule or am I barking up the wrong tree?
Dallas

The part that is not possible (or rather won't happen) is gettin any two selections below 2.0 at the same time.
If this happened people could lay both no matter what the odds at the same time and make a guaranreed profit, so Betfairs cross-matching will prevent this and on the rare occasion it does happen there is a number of bots that will instantly push one back over.

Apart from that everything else you had asked for could be done
JMoney

Looking at testing something out. just wanted to make sure I'd set it up right if im looking at backing horses that have moved in price of a certain percentage type, over a certain period of time. e.g. 1 Hour before the race up to 1min before the off. Would I be correct in thinking the condition is,
1. Historic Relative Odds
2. Any Selection if any horse
3. The Price At The Rule Trigger Time.
4. Then the amount of Second e.g. 1min = 60 1hr= 3600secs 2hr=7200

Then if I want the selection to have a certain price and now less,
You should select fixed odds condition and then select the parameters?

Appreciate any comments correcting me if i'm wrong and any help given to correct it. once I have run a test to see if the method works I will post for users to play around with.

Kind Regards
JJ
Dallas

Even if the rule is only set to arm in the final min its condtions will still check back for as long as the markets been loaded into guardian, so if the condition is looking for something that has moved X ticks during the last hour then as long as the markets been in guardian for this amount of time it will find it even if the rule is only armed to trigger in the final minute.

The condtion type you stated is the correct one to use, there is a example file avalaible to download if you want to see if full set up, This file looks for 10 ticks moves in the final 10 mins so could quickly be edited to look for a different amount of ticks over 1hr.

The time is always entered in seconds so your correct in saying 3600 = 1hr and so on...
Dallas

If anyone wants to put forward a suggestion for an automation rule if they can add it to this thread rather than PM'ing it to me then other users can add their thoughts to it so i can get a better idea of what ppl want.
Kaz2

Hello Dallas,

Not sure this is the right place to ask, but I wonder can you help me with a condition I want to add to an automated file I am using please? All I want to do is to make the scalping file I am using fire a 'green up' (actually a red up) when I am in a given minus position, it could be -£5, -£10, whatever I want to set it at. Can you tell me how I would do this please?

Thanks.
Kaz
Dallas

Kaz2 wrote:
Fri Apr 21, 2017 6:04 pm
Hello Dallas,

Not sure this is the right place to ask, but I wonder can you help me with a condition I want to add to an automated file I am using please? All I want to do is to make the scalping file I am using fire a 'green up' (actually a red up) when I am in a given minus position, it could be -£5, -£10, whatever I want to set it at. Can you tell me how I would do this please?

Thanks.
Kaz
If you add a 'Green All Selections' rule type and set up as follows

General Tab
Green all Selections
Arm 00:00:01 after event goes in play (or whatever time you want the rule to be active from)
Till 00:10:00 after event goes in play (or what ever time you want the rule to be active till)

Parameters Tab
None

Conditions Tab
Green all profit condition
Less than -£5 ( or whatever you want to use)

If you then want your rule to stop placing further bets if you have redded up then follow the instructions in this thread
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 47&t=11656

If you get stuck their is a few ready made files you could use or copy from
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 43&t=11407
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 43&t=11954

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Shared files”