Find the Gap Guardian Automation Bot for Greyhounds

djc7869

djc7869

Hi Dallas me yet again! With Greyhounds and US or Australian markets i've noted that rows 1 and 2 are often not the favourites so I have changed the rule to reflect this. However just want to check whether rows 1 and 2 were your intent regardless of favouritism? Cheers :) :)
Dallas

You can experiment with any selection/s you wish, the use of rows 1 & 2 where just picked at random for the example, it could just as easily be rows 3 & 4 or 1st & 2nd fav etc that I choose
djc7869

thanks again :)
Crazyskier

Some early promise shown using penny stakes to test at the doggies today (horses were similar results too, consistency is lovely, no heart-attacks at big red numbers! hehe)

Thanks again to Dallas for the help and advice and patience with us newer guys. ;)

I managed 9 wins from 9 for the dogs but then got close to 1000 transactions due to my fast fill-or-kill on trading all 6 doggies, so went back to the horses as they're not so thick and fast, but equally profitable.

- And yes, for the eagle-eyed, I ALWAYS stop at £20 profit for the day (never risking more than £20 at any given point)...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
GunDog

When you changed it to trading all 6 dogs, do you have to add 4 more Back and Lay Rules, or can you just have one rule to back and one to lay all rows?

Strangely enough I had good results yesterday trading 3, but today it is horrible!
GunDog

Mmm I changed it so that it covers all six racers like Crazyskier above, but the results are very poor. I was wondering other than change this rule from two racers to six, what else should I be looking at?
Mikky

GunDog wrote:Mmm I changed it so that it covers all six racers like Crazyskier above, but the results are very poor. I was wondering other than change this rule from two racers to six, what else should I be looking at?

Conditions.

Have a look at the user guide on the betangel homepage and look at the in-depth conditions you can change. There are a couple of things you can adjust to help this bot.
GunDog

Thanks for throwing me in the direction of conditions.

I did notice that as it was placing bets, some were only being partially matched. Reducing the amount made a bit of difference.

I also had a play with timings, at one stage I think I had invented the first virtual popcorn machine. It was firing so fast that as I stared at the screen, it was like looking at a strobe light as it placed bets.

My end result was still a loss, can anyone point me at a specific condition to look at?

I am using this one as an exercise on creating and tweaking bots.
Mikky

GunDog wrote:Thanks for throwing me in the direction of conditions.

I did notice that as it was placing bets, some were only being partially matched. Reducing the amount made a bit of difference.

I also had a play with timings, at one stage I think I had invented the first virtual popcorn machine. It was firing so fast that as I stared at the screen, it was like looking at a strobe light as it placed bets.

My end result was still a loss, can anyone point me at a specific condition to look at?

Be very very careful with the number of times the bot fires. Look at the tx figure at the bottom. Any more than 1000 per hour and betfair slap on their charges, which are fairly hefty.

Maybe have a look at the number of matched and unmatched bets. Also look at the timez the bot fires most and try and narrow down that window. There seems to be a time period where it is most effective. Also you can mess with the number of ticks in the conditions to see how it changes the outcomes.
Dallas

You could look at weight of money condition WOM
and ensure its fairly equal and does nt have 90% of the money waiting to be matched on one side of the book.

Although it says Greyhounds in the tiltle has anyone tried it on horse racing especially the earlier parts IR or even as the market forms in the morning?

Or even on tennis matches at the start of games or points?
Crazyskier

Mikky wrote:

Be very very careful with the number of times the bot fires. Look at the tx figure at the bottom. Any more than 1000 per hour and betfair slap on their charges, which are fairly hefty.
THIS. I have now paid several fees for exceeding the 1000 transactions per hour, mostly when botting the dogs x 6 each race... Every single bet, matched or not counts, plus if below£2 it counts TWICE each! You'll have to adjust the settings / timings of fill or kill etc and keep a close eye on the tx figure.

If you do get near to 1000 in any given calendar hour, stop all bets until one minute past the next hour. 15.01 / 16.01 / 17.01 etc...

I had my first big charge refunded but have paid around £40 in txn fees since then due to not being in control of this enough.
Crazyskier

GunDog wrote:Mmm I changed it so that it covers all six racers like Crazyskier above, but the results are very poor. I was wondering other than change this rule from two racers to six, what else should I be looking at?
I won't give my strategy away, other than to say that I manually input certain tasks once bets are matched. I generally ask for best back AND best lay prices with certain conditions and gaps and fill or kill times. Once a bet is matched I focus on trying to get that bet laid off ASAP.

The one nugget I can share is that the biggest single LOSSES I ever see are from a shortening favourite going beyond the 'spread' (due to a large bet taking many ticks of liquidity) and leaving an almost instant red figure. This is where good management and research can help somewhat.

Also, watch BIG DRIFTERS if laying! 10+ tick gaps often close in a second when within 2 minutes to the off...

I trade £2 bets (liability for lays) and make between a few pennies and upto £1.20 most races, though not all dogs traded make a profit every time, just enough to normally offset losses and leave a little green per race. Occasionally I get bitten and have a red-up at 15 seconds before the off for upto £1.
dflowe

Hiya has anyone got a version of find the gap for the free version of betangel for betdaq? the ftg version on here gives an error when tring to load
Thanks Dave
jaketarn

Okay my first excuse is that I'm a newby. Anyhow I downloaded the 'Find the Gap for greyhounds' yesterday and tinkered around with it on practice mode before going live. My first eight races gave me a profit totaling £14 (I don't know how) and then my ninth race took £18 from me. :(

Obviously I must have the bot set up wrong. On each Back and lay rule I have a Green all Conditions set to >0.20p and then the rule name 'Green' (original part of the template from Dallas) I set up a Green all Condition of <0.19p.

I have not made any other alterations apart from changing the £5 bets to £2 bets.

Any help would be appreciated please chaps. :roll:

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”