Find the Gap Guardian Automation Bot for Greyhounds

Dallas

GunDog wrote:Thanks for throwing me in the direction of conditions.

My end result was still a loss, can anyone point me at a specific condition to look at?

I am using this one as an exercise on creating and tweaking bots.
You could look at weight of money condition WOM
and ensure its fairly equal and does nt have 90% of the money waiting to be matched on one side of the book.

Although it says Greyhounds in the tiltle has anyone tried it on horse racing especially the earlier parts IR or even as the market forms in the morning?

Or even on tennis matches at the start of games or points?
Crazyskier

Mikky wrote:
GunDog wrote:Thanks for throwing me in the direction of conditions.

I also had a play with timings, at one stage I think I had invented the first virtual popcorn machine. It was firing so fast that as I stared at the screen, it was like looking at a strobe light as it placed bets.

Be very very careful with the number of times the bot fires. Look at the tx figure at the bottom. Any more than 1000 per hour and betfair slap on their charges, which are fairly hefty.
THIS. I have now paid several fees for exceeding the 1000 transactions per hour, mostly when botting the dogs x 6 each race... Every single bet, matched or not counts, plus if below£2 it counts TWICE each! You'll have to adjust the settings / timings of fill or kill etc and keep a close eye on the tx figure.

If you do get near to 1000 in any given calendar hour, stop all bets until one minute past the next hour. 15.01 / 16.01 / 17.01 etc...

I had my first big charge refunded but have paid around £40 in txn fees since then due to not being in control of this enough.
Crazyskier

GunDog wrote:Mmm I changed it so that it covers all six racers like Crazyskier above, but the results are very poor. I was wondering other than change this rule from two racers to six, what else should I be looking at?
I won't give my strategy away, other than to say that I manually input certain tasks once bets are matched. I generally ask for best back AND best lay prices with certain conditions and gaps and fill or kill times. Once a bet is matched I focus on trying to get that bet laid off ASAP.

The one nugget I can share is that the biggest single LOSSES I ever see are from a shortening favourite going beyond the 'spread' (due to a large bet taking many ticks of liquidity) and leaving an almost instant red figure. This is where good management and research can help somewhat.

Also, watch BIG DRIFTERS if laying! 10+ tick gaps often close in a second when within 2 minutes to the off...

I trade £2 bets (liability for lays) and make between a few pennies and upto £1.20 most races, though not all dogs traded make a profit every time, just enough to normally offset losses and leave a little green per race. Occasionally I get bitten and have a red-up at 15 seconds before the off for upto £1.
dflowe

Hiya has anyone got a version of find the gap for the free version of betangel for betdaq? the ftg version on here gives an error when tring to load
Thanks Dave
jaketarn

Okay my first excuse is that I'm a newby. Anyhow I downloaded the 'Find the Gap for greyhounds' yesterday and tinkered around with it on practice mode before going live. My first eight races gave me a profit totaling £14 (I don't know how) and then my ninth race took £18 from me. :(

Obviously I must have the bot set up wrong. On each Back and lay rule I have a Green all Conditions set to >0.20p and then the rule name 'Green' (original part of the template from Dallas) I set up a Green all Condition of <0.19p.

I have not made any other alterations apart from changing the £5 bets to £2 bets.

Any help would be appreciated please chaps. :roll:
Crazyskier

jaketarn wrote:Okay my first excuse is that I'm a newby. Anyhow I downloaded the 'Find the Gap for greyhounds' yesterday and tinkered around with it on practice mode before going live. My first eight races gave me a profit totaling £14 (I don't know how) and then my ninth race took £18 from me. :(

Obviously I must have the bot set up wrong. On each Back and lay rule I have a Green all Conditions set to >0.20p and then the rule name 'Green' (original part of the template from Dallas) I set up a Green all Condition of <0.19p.

I have not made any other alterations apart from changing the £5 bets to £2 bets.

Any help would be appreciated please chaps. :roll:
You might be better posting the log for Dallas to examine. Evidently the G/U didn't kick in.
jaketarn

My apologies to crazyskier for not acknowledging his advice. I've never been a member of a forum before and I'm quite new to computers. Didn't know what you meant by Log nor G/U when initially you were kind enough to give the advice you did. It took me a little time to find that I could Personal Message Dallas which I did. He asked me to post anything else to this thread. Unfortunately I had to ask my son what a thread was which he found entertaining. (teaching him to use a knife and fork came to mind ;) ).

Anyhow, as regards the Bot. I guess I thought I could download it alter my bet amount add a couple of easy to understand conditions and earn small amounts of cash. What a foolish attitude I had!

Sooo... I've spent the past week reading a lot of tips from Dallas who goes out of his way to help other forum members and I've read all the Bet Angel automation rules twice over and I'm begining to understand a little.

However there is something I can not get to grips with and that is in my conditions. The 'less than' and 'greater than' rule. For example if I wanted to green up for a profit of 50p, I would have two conditions. One for greening up for that profit and one for 49p so I don't lose anything as so to speak. Should the conditions be as follows:

'Greater than' 50p or 'Less than' 50p and should the second be 'Greater than' - (minus)49p, 'Less than' - (minus)49p, 'greater than' 49p or 'less than' 49p.

Also using the same bot I have been trying to lay one named greyhound with no conditions by using the 'Automated nomination selection' but that's not working. Does anyone know of a template that I could take a look at for some ideas?

Thanks
Dallas

Glad to hear your making headway, it does fall into place over time the more you use it, regarding you question this thread details how to set profit and loss rules up
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11488

But for a easy way to remember and figure out if you need to use 'greater' or 'less' than when using these condtions if you visulize things on a vertical ladder and just remember greater is getting higher and less is getting lower

£5
£4
£3
£2
£1
-£1
-£2
-£3
-£4
-£5

So if you wanted to red up when your loss exceeds -£3 you would use ('Less' than -£3) as your going lower on the ladder.
If you wanted to continue to place further bets providing you where not yet losing more than -£2 then you would use ('Greater than £2) as your now going up the ladder.

With your nominated runner have you been nominating the greyhound on the main gaurdian page? this link is for a rule where you nominate horse and includes a screen shot of where to select the horse
viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11314
jaketarn

Thanks for the +- ladder and the links Dallas.

I've just been speaking to my boy who has advised that once I've figured the automation stuff out properly, I should be looking at a loss/win ratio of 1/2.

So for example I would set my conditions to -£1 (loss) to £2 (win). Is that possible or not using automation? Yes I am using Guardian.

Thankyou
nick11

Have loaded the bot but unsure how to: ignore races which have an odds on favourite.

What settings please?

TY
Dallas

nick11 wrote:
Mon Feb 27, 2017 4:04 pm
Have loaded the bot but unsure how to: ignore races which have an odds on favourite.

What settings please?

TY
Add the following condition

Fixed odds condition
Nominated 'By Position (sorted in order of favourtism) 1'
Back price
is 'Greater' than 2.0
nick11

TY
ShaunWhite

djc7869 wrote:
Sun Apr 24, 2016 10:07 pm
I've literally spent the entire weekend tinkering with your bots and reading, reading and more reading!
Literally the entire weekend eh ? You'll find many many people spend months if not years trying to create a sucessful bots. Be prepared to put in a lot more effort. I'm genuinely not being critical of what you're doing, just trying to give you some realisic expectations. An 'entire weekend' spent learning is a drop in the ocean.
jimibt

shaun, i agree wholeheartedly. i often find myself at the mercy of my family whilst tinkering on some rule or other on a saturday afternoon (friday evening, tuesday morning - delete as appropriate :)) and have found that i must still be clocking up 3-4 hours a day just filtering the margins of what i believe my little rule bag is capable of doing. as with everything of course, you then revert back to an OLD version of your rule (that's been tweaked a million times), only to find that it actually had been heading in a better direction. v1.999 is therefore born and so the process reboots yet again -lol

so yeah, a weekend is a worthy effort and is in many ways indicative of the path that lies before you. if truth be told, i've learnt far more from observing rules that have suddenly stopped working after weeks, than i have on eureka rules that just work thro' sorcery and catweazel trickery...
ShaunWhite

hehe "catweazel" you're showing your age jim

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”