Find the Gap Guardian Automation Bot for Greyhounds

Gonzothegreat

Dallas wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:51 pm

Your liability setting are to low to allow the lays to be placed, your better off increasing this slightly or with the automation file in its original state add a 'Fixed odds condition' to both the back and lay bets set as
selections lay price
is less than 3.55

That will only allow bets on selections where both bets can be placed without exceeding your liability settings
That rule works well thanks, nothing get placed as the odds are too low (in other words: the liability is too low). I need to tweak both to find a happy medium.
It will take a few weeks (maybe months) before I can use this bot live for me.
Dallas

Gonzothegreat wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:58 pm
Thanks, I was experimenting with my liability settings. It seems that 5 is too low, it seems to work(ish) from 10+ and fine from 25.

Going to add that condition now.

Please try not to laugh at the following (I'm new...)....
From the above posted screenshots, the bot would have placed 3 back bets right? or just one?
Or am I miss-understanding the system badly?

What I'd like to achieve is that the bot place 1 lay and 1 back, and not gazillions of bets per race....
Correct me, put me in the right direction please, if needed.
No probs everyone has to start somewhere, and as i always no question is ever stupid if you dont know the answer ;)

The screen shot shows that 2 back bets were triggered, (on two different selections) each for £2 although one of these was matched in 2 parts but the total for both selections was £2 each.
The rule is set to place upto 2 backs and 2 lays but you can limit this to any number you want either by changing the triggers on the general tab or by adding a 'number of matched bets condition' to stop it triggering when a selection or market has reached the desired number you want
Gonzothegreat

Dallas wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:17 pm

No probs everyone has to start somewhere, and as i always no question is ever stupid if you dont know the answer ;)
thanks.
Dallas wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:17 pm
The screen shot shows that 2 back bets were triggered, (on two different selections) each for £2 although one of these was matched in 2 parts but the total for both selections was £2 each.
The rule is set to place upto 2 backs and 2 lays but you can limit this to any number you want either by changing the triggers on the general tab or by adding a 'number of matched bets condition' to stop it triggering when a selection or market has reached the desired number you want
Now I got it, thanks for explaining it makes perfect sense now.
Gonzothegreat

This bot is between row 1 and 2 (as in trap 1 and 2, right?). I guess I could add more rules to do between 2 and 3 etc? Or would that somehow over complicate it and potentially lead to too many bets placed for not much gains?
Dallas

Gonzothegreat wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:40 pm
This bot is between row 1 and 2 (as in trap 1 and 2, right?). I guess I could add more rules to do between 2 and 3 etc? Or would that somehow over complicate it and potentially lead to too many bets placed for not much gains?
Its currently looking to place 1 back and 1 lay bet on trap 1 (row 1) and 1 back and 1 lay bet on trap 2 but you can add as many as you want
Gonzothegreat

Dallas wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:47 pm

Its currently looking to place 1 back and 1 lay bet on trap 1 (row 1) and 1 back and 1 lay bet on trap 2 but you can add as many as you want
thanks.

One last set of questions for you please today :P

In the below screenshot, the bot has selected:
back "Master Jim" at odds of 2.70 with a stake of £0.5
lay "Master Jim" at odds of 2.74 with a stake of £2
VirtualBox_IE11 - Win8.1_06_08_2017_19_54_50.png
Let's see if I get this right...
if "Master Jim" wins I would get £1.85 from back and loose £3.48 (liability) from lay. So I'm in this trade at -(minus) £1.63
if "Master Jim" looses I would get £2 from the lay bet

Now could you please explain in simple terms for the newbie the Trade profit column? I don't quite get it I'm afraid.
Even after reading https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/tra ... ng_up.html
VirtualBox_IE11 - Win8.1_06_08_2017_19_54_50 copy.png

remember, all of of this is in Practice Mode (great feature btw).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

This thread should answer your question - it also has a further link to some examples of greening up
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 47&t=14708
Gonzothegreat

Dallas wrote:
Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:16 pm
This thread should answer your question - it also has a further link to some examples of greening up
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 47&t=14708
thank you :mrgreen:
Gonzothegreat

Thanks for the help so far, I think I do understand how this works. Well at least the basics, now the steep learning curve starts.... :lol:
Gonzothegreat

Dallas wrote:
Sat Apr 30, 2016 10:34 am
You can experiment with any selection/s you wish, the use of rows 1 & 2 where just picked at random for the example, it could just as easily be rows 3 & 4 or 1st & 2nd fav etc that I choose
Hello Dallas,

How would one modify the rule/condition please so that it's not 1&2 rows but 1st & 2nd fav?

Edit:
I may have found the solution in http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 67#p103267
richjulian15

Has anyone had success with over 6 rows? If so, could it be possible to get some help adding the other 4 in please?
Gonzothegreat

richjulian15 wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:17 am
Has anyone had success with over 6 rows? If so, could it be possible to get some help adding the other 4 in please?
While in "practice" mode, I have used this bot against the 6 traps. It works, sort off.
You just need to copy/paste each rules, as in lay/back and change the "applies to selection" pick 1 to 6.
Gonzothegreat

Hi Dallas,

I'm looking to add a rule that could do the following:
green up now as soon as profit is above let's say £1

Is this even possible?

Edit:
I think I may have found my answer:
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 47&t=11656
Dallas

Gonzothegreat wrote:
Mon Aug 28, 2017 8:02 pm
Hi Dallas,

I'm looking to add a rule that could do the following:
green up now as soon as profit is above let's say £1

Is this even possible?

Edit:
I think I may have found my answer:
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 47&t=11656
Nearly, the instructions in that link will show how to stop a rule from triggering once a profit target has been reached.

To actually green up at a value see this link
http://www.betangel.com/forum/viewtopic ... 47&t=11488
Gonzothegreat

thank you, I've made a few mods to your bot and it's working nicely so far. Pennies profit, but profit is profit :), I'm enjoying it.

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”