Step-By-Step Examples How to Set Automation Signals

Share your automation file with other users.
Dallas

Bunchie3174 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 2:46 pm
Any chance you can show examples of how to set signals and place them in the correct positions to prevent losses?
For instance, show a simple offset bot that will green up when a loss is incurred. It's these losses that crucify my bank so I want to get them sorted.
The 'values' field seems a variable but what does it refer to? Minutes, occurrences, odds, money?
It seems placement in the order of rules is important, this needs explaining. Do you have to put a signal rule in 'before' a 'greening' rule? Is a signal rule contained within a greening rule?

I can set up a bot to place bets but I haven't managed to get any bot to behave when i want to set a safety net to cut losses. I'd welcome a 101 on setting up failsafes, or where the answers lie. I've tried everything I can find on the forum but nothing seems to be working. Just again a bot failed to cut out a losing position and let the losses run.
Any assistance welcome.
Signals aren't needed to set stop losses although they can be used in certain situations ie, to delay it triggering due to spikes in prices etc
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11954

When creating any stop loss / stop rule it is never guaranteed 100% on in-play markets due to the in-play betting delay and voliatility, for example if you have backed a horse and it falls you will encur a total loss - no stop loss or rule can do anything about it.

There are some general Profit/loss target bots you can download
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=11407

but if you have a specfic idea for one or circumstance you want to use it and it can be done just post up the details and ill add an example
Bunchie3174

Thanks, I'll study those links.
The example I was think of is my 3rd place drifter bot. It usually works fine, generally on longer races, but on my £2 stake a 3rd place horse may have a liability of £12-18 depending on odds. I thought my greening rule would catch any horse that looked like it would finish strongly and green/red up for a £1.50-2.00 loss. Where I'm stuck is getting the bot to recognise this is happening. It seems to overlook the greening rule, stopping it out around £3-5 for example. I can take small losses as the overall hit rate is 65-70% but a big liability hit hurts.
This is a version of the .baf for a 4th place drifter showing what I've tried to achieve (or not) with signals
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

Bunchie3174 wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:57 pm
Thanks, I'll study those links.
The example I was think of is my 3rd place drifter bot. It usually works fine, generally on longer races, but on my £2 stake a 3rd place horse may have a liability of £12-18 depending on odds. I thought my greening rule would catch any horse that looked like it would finish strongly and green/red up for a £1.50-2.00 loss. Where I'm stuck is getting the bot to recognise this is happening. It seems to overlook the greening rule, stopping it out around £3-5 for example. I can take small losses as the overall hit rate is 65-70% but a big liability hit hurts.
This is a version of the .baf for a 4th place drifter showing what I've tried to achieve (or not) with signals
I wont have time to actually look at the bot till later but all thats needed is a green up rule that uses a green all profit condition is less than -£2
The set it to trigger at least 3 times with a minimum rearm time of 2 secs
(Which is what the link above does and from your description what yours sort of does already)

But if the price crashes in at the closing stages then although the rule will trigger it may not be matched due to price falling so fast.
The safest and only thing you can do in these situations is green up and close your position before these closing stages
Bunchie3174

Thanks for the feedback, I'll give it a go
formratings

if I want to set multiple lay offset bets
I can set offset to 1 tick but want it to fire multiple times
using fill / kill with 10 sec delay
1 batch
I can set trigger to 1000
But only fire when previous lay is offset matched

how would I do that
thanks
Dallas

formratings wrote:
Thu Aug 16, 2018 8:54 am
if I want to set multiple lay offset bets
I can set offset to 1 tick but want it to fire multiple times
using fill / kill with 10 sec delay
1 batch
I can set trigger to 1000
But only fire when previous lay is offset matched

how would I do that
thanks

You just need to add the following two conditions

Number of unmatched bets on selection is equal to 0
Fill or kill bet time is greater than 1 sec (use 2 secs if your trading IR)
stanleyomeze

please where do i download AUTOMATION FILES for horse race
Gravesen33

Hi Dallas,
I need help to crate a stored value.
I am looking to collect some data like money available @ 2nd best market price or 3th best market price, which is no problem at all cos all of them are in the tab of the stored value options.
My question is:
Is there any chance to get the same information for the prices after the 3th best market price?
Is it posible to adjust the rule in stored value tab just say how much money are available to back 5x ticks below 3th best market price?

Thanks
Dallas

Gravesen33 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:27 pm
Hi Dallas,
I am looking to collect some data like money available @ 2nd best market price or 3th best market price, which is no problem at all cos all of them are in the tab of the stored value options.
My question is:
Is there any chance to get the same information for the prices after the 3th best market price?
Is it posible to adjust the rule in stored value tab just say how much money are available to back 5x ticks below 3th best market price?

Thanks
It is possible but does get harder to do, you need to start storing multiple values for for price.
There is an example already posted by Dabbla here that does the first few prices for you
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24204&start=9
Gravesen33

Dallas wrote:
Sat Dec 04, 2021 11:22 am
Gravesen33 wrote:
Fri Dec 03, 2021 6:27 pm
Hi Dallas,
My question is:

Thanks
It is possible but does get harder to do, you need to start storing multiple values for for price.
There is an example already posted by Dabbla here that does the first few prices for you
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=24204&start=9
Thank you so much Dallas...
really appreciated.
whatatrevor

Is there any way to get your alerts on Guardian sent to your phone via Telegram for example?

Thanks
Dallas

whatatrevor wrote:
Fri Dec 31, 2021 9:17 am
Is there any way to get your alerts on Guardian sent to your phone via Telegram for example?

Thanks
Not from BA itself but there have been other threads on this which might point you in the right direction
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=20294
viewtopic.php?f=37&t=22355

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Shared files”