Offset in Stages Guardian Automation Bot

Dallas

This is a basic Guardian automation bot for use on any market.

This automation file shows a simple way any offset can be broke up and placed at varying ticks which is a good way of reducing your overall liability in stages, for example from your opening bet offsetting 50% at 10 ticks gives you a nice buffer and will reduce your total liability to half should the price then turn back around while having the remaining 50% offset for a much more optimistic profit of 25 ticks.

It’s a straight forward process, rather than placing a single stake with an offset instead the opening bet is broken up to the amounts required with each using a different offset (some can even be without any offsets), so for the purposes of this rule when the WOM is greater than 60% instead of the usual £10 lay stake 4 x £2.50 stakes will be placed simultaneously - each will offset with greening at a different number of ticks (2, 4, 6 & 10 ticks - offsetting 25% of the original stake at a time). Once all the offsets have been matched the process is reset by using the ‘Checkpoint matched bet’ rule type and the rule can start again if the WOM is greater than 60%.

The rule is active and armed throghout the final 5 minutes before the event start time.

To use the file just click on the Offset in Stages.Baf attachment link below and this will download it to your computer, then with guardian open on the "Automation" tab click "Import a Rules File" as shown in the image, once imported it will now appear in the drop down box just above, you can now apply it to any markets you have added into guardian.

The stake size as with all other aspects of this file can also be edited very easily by clicking on "Edit Rules File" then click on the "General, Parameters & Conditions" tab and change to whatever you require.

Additional parts/conditions can also be added or removed from the bot as you build it into your own bespoke automation file.

With any automation bot always run in practice mode first to ensure everything is working fine, and repeat this each time you make any changes.

To see a video tutorial on how to download and import an automation file into your Bet Angel please see this link

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7Im4pj683g
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
poipoi

Great Dallas, thanks a bunch.
vladilyich

Do you set your own back bet with this rule as it has no original back bet,just a series of lay bets?
Dallas

vladilyich wrote:
Sat May 27, 2017 1:03 pm
Do you set your own back bet with this rule as it has no original back bet,just a series of lay bets?
The lay bets all offset with greening at 2, 4, 6 & 10 ticks but you can change any part you want, its really just to demonstrate the principal of splitting a bet/trade into different offset amounts
vladilyich

I just noticed that they offset with a tick offset on the back side after you mentioned it. Thanks for the clarification.
Laugro1968

Hi Dallas,

Can this bot be triggered by a click on the ladder (backing or laying)?

Cheers,
Laurent
Dallas

Laugro1968 wrote:
Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:28 pm
Hi Dallas,

Can this bot be triggered by a click on the ladder (backing or laying)?

Cheers,
Laurent
Not as such but what you can do is add a 'unmatched bets condition' is equal to 2 or 3
Then place two or three unmatched bets outside the current odds as soon as you want it to start triggering, once you want to stop or pause just remove them unmatched bets - then add them again to restart.

You do of course have to be careful with this and always be aware the rule is active untill you stop it in guardian
Laugro1968

Cheers Dallas!
gooner7165

Hi Dallas
If I'm laying e.g. 2nd fav in running is it possible to set stop loss in stages?
Dallas

gooner7165 wrote:
Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:17 pm
Hi Dallas
If I'm laying e.g. 2nd fav in running is it possible to set stop loss in stages?
No 'stop losses' can only be set as one bet

You could use a regular bet and the staking method 'Method of net stake' to essentially drip out of a position that is moving against you
gooner7165

OK cheers
gooner7165

Dallas

If I'm laying a selection in play in order of favouritism how can I ensure that future rules are only applied to that selection even if its position changes?

Many Thanks
Dallas

gooner7165 wrote:
Sun Aug 12, 2018 11:55 am
Dallas

If I'm laying a selection in play in order of favouritism how can I ensure that future rules are only applied to that selection even if its position changes?

Many Thanks
Yes, this thread explains
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=11523
The Griffin

Hi Dallas

Thanks for all your help on all matters automation & general trading - trying hard to learn this stuff and your wisdom is invaluable

I was trying to work out how to do something similar with Offsetting with Lay the Draw and had a go myself before finding this thread and realised I was on kind of the right lines

This is what I did myself with the idea of covering my Lay with the first Back and then seeking profit from further drifting within a match and greening up all around 75 mins

Am I on the right lines and do you have any more advice - for instance, is it worth adding in to check against CS market suspension (does CS market suspend for Red cards etc)?

Thanks in advance
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

The Griffin wrote:
Fri Oct 12, 2018 10:56 am
Hi Dallas

Thanks for all your help on all matters automation & general trading - trying hard to learn this stuff and your wisdom is invaluable

I was trying to work out how to do something similar with Offsetting with Lay the Draw and had a go myself before finding this thread and realised I was on kind of the right lines

This is what I did myself with the idea of covering my Lay with the first Back and then seeking profit from further drifting within a match and greening up all around 75 mins

Am I on the right lines and do you have any more advice - for instance, is it worth adding in to check against CS market suspension (does CS market suspend for Red cards etc)?

Thanks in advance
Thank you for the comments,

Yes the image of the rules editor looks fine for what your doing if your wanting to 'test' the CS market then it can be done using shared stored values, there is an example here of a LTD that looks at the CS
viewtopic.php?f=50&t=17043

If you decided to go down that route it's probably a lot easier to edit that file into your offset spread than to use this one and add the stored values to

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - General”