Automation File was Created with a Different Version of Bet Angel

Share your automation file with other users.
Dallas

When importing an automation file into Bet Angel if you get the following message

Automation File was Created with a Different Version of Bet Angel

It means that the file was created in a newer version of the software than you are currently using and therefore may contain options the version you have does not. So to use the file you just need to download and install the latest V1.59.2 version from here then import the file again.
https://www.betangel.com/download/?product=BetAngelPro

Unless otherwise stated all the automation files in this shared files section have been created for use with Bet Angel Professional only and will not be able to be imported into any Betdaq version.
elofan0

yeah thats true Dallas ,it also happens with betdaq and the free version of betangel .. ive never managed to use guardian files because of using betangel basic and not betfair which keeps me to excel spreadsheets .. so maybe if that was the case some guardian baf files could be restructured for those who struggle to load baf files ..into a spreadsheet format which im sure some members on here would like to see ... its kinda like trying to play a 45 record on a cd player lol :)
elofan0

im also no excel expert so im here to be shot down :D im a novice so manual trade most of the time
eightbo

Dallas wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:12 pm
It means that the file was created in a newer version of the software than you are currently using and therefore may contain options the version does not have. So to use the file you just need to download and install the latest version from here then import the file again.
I take it this is regarding the use of newer automation workbooks/worksheets without updating your BA Pro version,

am I correct in thinking all updates to betangel only add functionality? -- meaning all of the older automation spreadsheets from 2010 etc. will work as expected with the latest version of BA Pro?

Cheers
Dallas

eightbo wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:55 am
Dallas wrote:
Fri Feb 09, 2018 2:12 pm
It means that the file was created in a newer version of the software than you are currently using and therefore may contain options the version does not have. So to use the file you just need to download and install the latest version from here then import the file again.
I take it this is regarding the use of newer automation workbooks/worksheets without updating your BA Pro version,

am I correct in thinking all updates to betangel only add functionality? -- meaning all of the older automation spreadsheets from 2010 etc. will work as expected with the latest version of BA Pro?

Cheers
Yes, Whenever a new build is released and you install it all exsisting settings, layouts, profiles and automation files etc are kept in tact and will continue to work in the same way. Old features are never removed (quiet a few of the options we now have are now legacy options that have been superseded by much better ones but they are always left in just in case someone still wants to use them).
elofan0

Hi yes it does mean it was created with newer version of betangel but correct me if im wrong but its only the pro users that guardian automation files will run for .. and as i only use the basic version like some other people on here i cannot use the guardian automation files that users create on here and so the feature would be better removed from the basic version if it cannot use the guardian files like the pro users .. im not a betfair customer im a betdaq so that also creates some problems as to what you can actually use .. no one writes it in the forum in plain english for new users to understand that pro betangel guardian created files will not work on the basic version ... dont get me wrong im not complaining im quite happy to carry on as is .. but in the technology stream it would not be hard for the technically minded to make files to run on all versions .. thanks given for what we have :)
ians1711

Trying to download 2 .baf files - Palce bet on selection in market A, and Trigger bet on same selection in market B. Get the different version message, even after downloading v1.58 of Pro. What do I do?
Dallas

ians1711 wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 1:13 pm
Trying to download 2 .baf files - Palce bet on selection in market A, and Trigger bet on same selection in market B. Get the different version message, even after downloading v1.58 of Pro. What do I do?
See opening post
ians1711

Dallas - thanks for that - it works with 1.59.2. However disappointed that I can only use them with a beta version, the features must have been around for some time already surely?
Dallas

ians1711 wrote:
Sat Nov 05, 2022 3:08 pm
Dallas - thanks for that - it works with 1.59.2. However disappointed that I can only use them with a beta version, the features must have been around for some time already surely?
V1.59.2 is not a beta, it only gets put on the website when its officially released

When an example rule, setting, layout etc is made it doesn't matter how old the options and features are in that particular example, its only dependant on which version it was created in. Anyone who wants to use that example will need to have that same version or newer to be able to use it

Return to “Bet Angel Automation - Shared files”