clean install

User to User support only. For technical support visit www.betangel.com/support/
to75ne

i require a complete clean install.

it fails every time.

previous settings are always in the new install (not screen settings).

despite having installed in a different folder, despite several methods of uninstalling, like cockroaches they never get wiped out.

how do i get a complete 100% clean install?
Korattt

completely uninstall initial installation from programs?
to75ne

Korattt wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:32 pm
completely uninstall initial installation from programs?
completely wipe it out of the machine, and reinstall so in all intents and purposes the machine see it as a new piece of software.

however i uninstall it, either with windows uninstall, b.a uninstall, 3rd party uninstall, previous settings keep resurrecting themselves. if i manually search out and manually delete all ba folders etc, it still resurrects, obviously its buried deep somewhere.
Archery1969

Run CCLEANER ?
to75ne

Archery1969 wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 3:00 pm
Run CCLEANER ?
yeah done that waste of time.
Derek27

I've downloaded Windows 10v2004 and prefer to format my system volume and do a complete re-installation rather than upgrade. I know it seems like a lot of work, 24 hours plus to reinstall all software and settings but it's well worth it for a squeaky clean system. Just make sure if you do it, that all your data and essential settings files are on a separate volume.
Derek27

to75ne wrote:
Sun Jul 05, 2020 12:03 pm
i require a complete clean install.

it fails every time.

previous settings are always in the new install (not screen settings).

despite having installed in a different folder, despite several methods of uninstalling, like cockroaches they never get wiped out.

how do i get a complete 100% clean install?
Alternatively, try editing the registry (after creating a restore point) and remove all traces of the software you intend to install, from the software branch of HKLM, HKCU, and the WOW6432 branches if you're using a 64-bit OS, as well as deleting the program folder.
to75ne

cheers i think it will have to be windows reinstall.(the registry beyond me, may as well be double dutch).

its a machine that only records what i am doing (on a different machine , same account, different broadband )and runs a spread sheet recording prices/ volumes etc, and a couple of auto hotkey scripts.

something glitched i think a couple of weeks ago, it may have been a windows update not sure, but its locking more and more frequently - hence uninstalling everything and reinstalling to find problem.

i think reinstall windows, thanks advice Derek.

Return to “Support”