New version of Bet Angel - Professional - Version 1.40

PeterLe

hi
I upgraded to V1.4 yesterday and Ive had two or three of these messages since:-

was unable to process the bet cancellation request. Second attempt activated. (Ref: xxxxxxxxxx)

Related to fill/Kill bets
I dont ever recall seeing this type of message before in prior versions nor whether its an issue or something to be concerned about?

Regards
Peter
auntylope

Hi, I upgraded to v1.40 to-day and I can't log in any more. It just says not responding. I have deleted the previous version, so I can't re-install that.
Chris
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

PeterLe wrote:hi

was unable to process the bet cancellation request. Second attempt activated. (Ref: xxxxxxxxxx)

I dont ever recall seeing this type of message before in prior versions nor whether its an issue or something to be concerned about?
That's the extra logging and the improved fill or kill routine as mentioned in the previous post. It's nothing to worry about, in that Bet Angel is functioning even better than v1.39.0, because v1.39.0 didn't have the concept of the second attempt in these situations where the betfair API misbehaves (and the extra logging). It proves it was worth us adding that extra feature. However it's not great that the API is failing to process a cancellation 100% of the time. Obviously a 'feature' of betfair's latest API.

Were you running fill or kill bets in-play? The few support queries we had about this recently have all been in-play. Please send a selection of logs of these instances into support and we'll try to spot a pattern and follow it up with betfair.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

auntylope wrote:Hi, I upgraded to v1.40 to-day and I can't log in any more. It just says not responding. I have deleted the previous version, so I can't re-install that.
Chris
There haven't been any changes to the login process, so I'd completely uninstall Bet Angel, Reboot, and reinstall from http://downloads.betangel.com

If that doesn't help then contact support and we'll try a few other things to resolve the problem.
PeterLe

Bet Angel wrote:
PeterLe wrote:hi

That's the extra logging and the improved fill or kill routine as mentioned in the previous post. It's nothing to worry about, in that Bet Angel is functioning even better than v1.39.0, because v1.39.0 didn't have the concept of the second attempt in these situations where the betfair API misbehaves (and the extra logging). It proves it was worth us adding that extra feature. However it's not great that the API is failing to process a cancellation 100% of the time. Obviously a 'feature' of betfair's latest API.

Were you running fill or kill bets in-play? The few support queries we had about this recently have all been in-play. Please send a selection of logs of these instances into support and we'll try to spot a pattern and follow it up with betfair.
morning
Thanks for confirming. yes, these were all al in play and running on a fast fill/kill rate of 200ms, so maybe that's a contributing factor too?
thanks
regards
Peter
auntylope

Bet Angel wrote:-
auntylope wrote:
Hi, I upgraded to v1.40 to-day and I can't log in any more. It just says not responding. I have deleted the previous version, so I can't re-install that.
Chris

There haven't been any changes to the login process, so I'd completely uninstall Bet Angel, Reboot, and reinstall from http://downloads.betangel.com

If that doesn't help then contact support and we'll try a few other things to resolve the problem.

Job done, thank you.
Chris

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”