New beta version of Bet Angel v1.46.0

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Wildly wrote: When I do this the message on the Bet Angel screen that usually shows Responsiveness to calls in milliseconds changes to showing connection status but the message shows as [Stopped] occasionally but only briefly it shows [Connected].
It should be 'Stopped' until you first select a market, at which point it'll subscribe to that market first saying 'Connected' and then 'Streaming'.

We see no reason why it wouldn't work from Australia, but let us know if you are unable to see the 'Streaming' indicator having selected a market.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Tuco wrote:An update my previous post:

2) Could the selection name be made to be 'active' and integrated with the in-play trader settings in the same way as the odds line is - this would make fastest finger opportunities easier.

This would work especially well with the 'Custom ticks outside best market price' setting
It's not clear what you mean by this. Could you raise this in the Suggestions section of the forum and provide as much detail as possible so that we can look at the implications of the idea and others can +1 the thread if they like it.

We need to keep this thread dedicated to the beta release and any bugs that are discovered.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Tuco wrote:As fdar as you know, is there any downside to using the BetFair Exchange Streaming option?
No downsides that we know of - once fully tested I would expect everyone to want to use Streaming.
Samo154

When running at 20ms in guardian and then automatically switching to the one click screen which is set to 200ms which setting is it using?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Samo154 wrote:When running at 20ms in guardian and then automatically switching to the one click screen which is set to 200ms which setting is it using?
When streaming, the prices will arrive from betfair as soon as they change regardless of the setting. Guardian will be cycling through each of its markets spending 20ms on each. The main screen will ensure it is refreshed from the current prices every 200ms.

So the answer is... it depends:

If you only had five markets in Guardian, and loaded one of those markets into the main screen, then the Guardian cycle would be the fastest refresh and the market would update about once every 100ms ( 5 x 20ms ), however if you had more than ten markets in Guardian then the 200ms refresh of the main screen would be the fastest updater for that market ( because the overall Guardian cycle rate would be greater than 10 x 20ms... > 200ms ).
winevaults

getting error code 6 when i try to open it
Dallas

winevaults wrote:getting error code 6 when i try to open it
That error is usually when trying to install the server version on a regular PC, download it using the link in the opening post of this thead
Samo154

Bet Angel wrote:
Samo154 wrote:When running at 20ms in guardian and then automatically switching to the one click screen which is set to 200ms which setting is it using?
When streaming, the prices will arrive from betfair as soon as they change regardless of the setting. Guardian will be cycling through each of its markets spending 20ms on each. The main screen will ensure it is refreshed from the current prices every 200ms.

So the answer is... it depends:

If you only had five markets in Guardian, and loaded one of those markets into the main screen, then the Guardian cycle would be the fastest refresh and the market would update about once every 100ms ( 5 x 20ms ), however if you had more than ten markets in Guardian then the 200ms refresh of the main screen would be the fastest updater for that market ( because the overall Guardian cycle rate would be greater than 10 x 20ms... > 200ms ).

Sorry bit confused :/ for quickest prices should both screens be on 20ms or does it not matter if there both different. I only have the days horse races loaded into guardian

Thx for the reply

Edit: sorry our U saying it's faster no matter what setting when streaming is on?
Wildly

Bet Angel wrote:
Wildly wrote: When I do this the message on the Bet Angel screen that usually shows Responsiveness to calls in milliseconds changes to showing connection status but the message shows as [Stopped] occasionally but only briefly it shows [Connected].
It should be 'Stopped' until you first select a market, at which point it'll subscribe to that market first saying 'Connected' and then 'Streaming'.

We see no reason why it wouldn't work from Australia, but let us know if you are unable to see the 'Streaming' indicator having selected a market.
Still no 'Streaming'. Only 'Stopped' then momentarily shows 'Connected' then back to 'Stopped'
Tuco

So far my version only and always shows [Stopped] and has never shown [Connecting] nor [Streaming]
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Samo154 wrote:Edit: sorry our U saying it's faster no matter what setting when streaming is on?
If you want quickest prices for Automation or Guardian Excel bindings, then set Guardian to 20ms.

If you want the main trading screen to update at the quickest rate (which looks a bit mesmerising to us to be honest) then set that to 20ms.

It really depends what you are doing with Bet Angel.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Wildly wrote:Still no 'Streaming'. Only 'Stopped' then momentarily shows 'Connected' then back to 'Stopped'
Tuco wrote:So far my version only and always shows [Stopped] and has never shown [Connecting] nor [Streaming]
Please confirm that you have both opened a market? Which country are you connecting from? Please describe type of PC, internet connection, firewall software etc to see if we can see a pattern. Also if you send more details into support along with a screenshot, we can ask betfair if they see any errors at their end.
PeterLe

Can I just ask the BA guys..
I know Excel isnt as fast as guardian. When on Streaming (20ms) is the latency with Excel able to cope with a 20ms recyle?
I know the data doesnt always update at 20ms (only when the price/odds change), but in the event that it did change every 20ms, could Excel keep up?
Thanks
Regards
Peter
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

PeterLe wrote: I know the data doesnt always update at 20ms (only when the price/odds change), but in the event that it did change every 20ms, could Excel keep up?
Very much depends on the speed of the PC and what if any macros you are running in Excel. Automation easily keeps up with the 20ms update on most PCs, but with the process to process comms required by Excel, I would think a 40ms-60ms rate would be more appropriate.

However, you are not going to do any harm running by Guardian at 20ms with Excel. Excel comms is managed by a seperate thread and will just update as quickly as Excel will allow.
gutuami

could we have automatic elimination of closed markets from guardian. btw when set to streaming guardian does not clear the volume of closed markets. turn off streaming double click the market and volume disappears.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”