New beta version of Bet Angel v1.46.0

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Samo154 wrote:Edit: sorry our U saying it's faster no matter what setting when streaming is on?
If you want quickest prices for Automation or Guardian Excel bindings, then set Guardian to 20ms.

If you want the main trading screen to update at the quickest rate (which looks a bit mesmerising to us to be honest) then set that to 20ms.

It really depends what you are doing with Bet Angel.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Wildly wrote:Still no 'Streaming'. Only 'Stopped' then momentarily shows 'Connected' then back to 'Stopped'
Tuco wrote:So far my version only and always shows [Stopped] and has never shown [Connecting] nor [Streaming]
Please confirm that you have both opened a market? Which country are you connecting from? Please describe type of PC, internet connection, firewall software etc to see if we can see a pattern. Also if you send more details into support along with a screenshot, we can ask betfair if they see any errors at their end.
PeterLe

Can I just ask the BA guys..
I know Excel isnt as fast as guardian. When on Streaming (20ms) is the latency with Excel able to cope with a 20ms recyle?
I know the data doesnt always update at 20ms (only when the price/odds change), but in the event that it did change every 20ms, could Excel keep up?
Thanks
Regards
Peter
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

PeterLe wrote: I know the data doesnt always update at 20ms (only when the price/odds change), but in the event that it did change every 20ms, could Excel keep up?
Very much depends on the speed of the PC and what if any macros you are running in Excel. Automation easily keeps up with the 20ms update on most PCs, but with the process to process comms required by Excel, I would think a 40ms-60ms rate would be more appropriate.

However, you are not going to do any harm running by Guardian at 20ms with Excel. Excel comms is managed by a seperate thread and will just update as quickly as Excel will allow.
gutuami

could we have automatic elimination of closed markets from guardian. btw when set to streaming guardian does not clear the volume of closed markets. turn off streaming double click the market and volume disappears.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

gutuami wrote:could we have automatic elimination of closed markets from guardian.
I'll raise that as a suggestion for a future version.
gutuami wrote:btw when set to streaming guardian does not clear the volume of closed markets. turn off streaming double click the market and volume disappears.
There are going to be subtle differences between streaming on & off due to the timing of messages sent through the stream compared to continuously polling. We are not going to attempt to recreate the exact behaviour of polling when streaming.
Bonnie

Thank you for the new version. I have the 3.40 race open but my "Connection status for Betfair Exchange Streaming" says Stopped. Bets are being accepted ok.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Bonnie wrote:Thank you for the new version. I have the 3.40 race open but my "Connection status for Betfair Exchange Streaming" says Stopped. Bets are being accepted ok.
Had it previously said 'Streaming' or always 'Stopped'?

Sounds like it may have switched back to polling in order to maintain a connection with the betfair servers. Send your betfair details to us via a support ticket and we'll ask betfair to look into it. Meanwhile we'll add some more logging to try to find a pattern. Seems like a few people are experiencing this at the moment.
Oscarbell

when i left guardian running with multiple races, the markets on the guardian page stayed in play although the markets were suspended.
Bonnie

Bonnie wrote:
Thank you for the new version. I have the 3.40 race open but my "Connection status for Betfair Exchange Streaming" says Stopped. Bets are being accepted ok.

Had it previously said 'Streaming' or always 'Stopped'?

Sounds like it may have switched back to polling in order to maintain a connection with the betfair servers. Send your betfair details to us via a support ticket and we'll ask betfair to look into it. Meanwhile we'll add some more logging to try to find a pattern. Seems like a few people are experiencing this at the moment.

I recall seeing "Streaming" and it is still showing "Stopped". At first I had my old Refresh rate of 200ms ticked, now I have this changed to 20ms. Still showing stopped but bets are being accepted.
Bonnie

One other thing, with my Refresh set at 200ms and Streaming off, the Betfair Data Request Counter is usually at 20. When I activate streaming the Data Request Counter drops to 14 or 15.
evertonian

I've just been testing the New Streaming on the Beta Version v 1.46.0 tonight using Lay the Draw various strategies on Practice Mode. The Lay bet has placed but the Green up has not. It has only happened on the Streaming Version as the previous Automation has worked perfectly for the last couple of months. Is there any reason for this ? It has only happened on the Match Odds markets. The 2.5 and 1.5 goals markets have greened up OK.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

evertonian wrote:Is there any reason for this ? It has only happened on the Match Odds markets.
No known problems in that area, but if it happens again, send the rule file into support and we'll try to recreate it.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

For anyone that is stuck on 'Stopped' when it should be 'Streaming' - we've updated the download links in this thread - please download and install again and let us know if there's an improvement. We've yet to see the issue in our development environment, but know that this recent change has fixed the issue for one user and hope it will help others too.
winevaults

i am getting error code 6 when i try and open this version with a message saying contact administrator

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”