New beta version of Bet Angel

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We haven't written the new features up and there are no videos as yet, but here is a new beta version if you want to have a play.

You can download from http://www.betangel.com/download/

Additions to this version: -

Couple of minor bug fixes and further performance improvements.

Transaction counter in the status bar (shows the number of betfair transactions accumulated in the current hour with this instance of Bet Angel).

Increased width of Bet Ref column in unmatched bets window (the number has been truncated since betfair's bet refs increased in size and starting using an extra digit).

The three 'state' buttons on the one click toolbar now have a red cross through them when switched off.

Excel enhancements:-

Predicted Close Trade P&L & Green Up P&L cells are now populated
A new global GREEN_ALL command has been created

Some commands can be entered into the Bet Rules cells. Commands are only actioned when the status cell (Column O) is blank… similar way in which the Excel betting works.

New commands for these cells are:
CLOSE_TRADE closes the open trade on this runner using the current net stake
CANCEL cancels the bet whose reference is in column R
CANCEL_ALL cancels all unmatched bets for the runner
CANCEL_ALL_BACK cancels all unmatched back bets for the runner
CANCEL_ALL_LAY cancels all unmatched lay bets for the runner

The Matched Odds and Amount Matched cells are now refreshed so that an initial unmatched bet can be seen to be gradually matched.

New Cancel options for the one click grid's Custom Columns: -

You can create a button that cancels all unmatched back bets for a runner
or one to cancel unmatched lay bets for a runner
or one that just cancels all bets for a runner

You can also mark a bet placement button as cancelling existing unmatched bets of the same type. e.g. A user may create three custom lay buttons to lay @ 1.3, 1.2 & 1.1 - he can now mark them to cancel existing unmatched lay bets to ensure however many times he prods them inplay he'll only have one active bet on the runner.
Nero Tulip

Looking forward to trying out the new excel features. Will get back to you with feedback.
Nero Tulip

Just about to begin playing with it, one initial reaction is - it would be great to have the transaction counter in excel as well.

More later no doubt.
Nero Tulip

A potential bug: -

I noticed the transaction counter has reset itself to zero, that is definitely not the case. In fact I'm fairly sure I must be close or over the 1000 limit and this is what might have caused this to occur.

--
Have started testing GREEN_ALL global command, a few teething problems, but that's my sheet rather than anything else, I think.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

The transaction counter will reset itself every hour as you get a fresh allowance from Betfair every hour.
Nero Tulip

Ah, ok I didn't realise. I thought it was a rolling hour long window. That's great ty.
gutuami

thanks for the New cancel options. I find them very usefull
PeterLe

Nero/Anyone,
Did you notice any issues connecting existing spreadsheets to the new version? i.e are they completely backwards compatible?

I going to run the new version on a test account today, but just in observation mode. I will then have a think tonight about the best way to advantage of the new features..

Thanks
Peter
Nero Tulip

Seems perfectly compatible to me. Just open up column D so you can see the greening column.

It'll take a little while to find the best way to use the new commands. GREEN_ALL is working, whether its a good idea in all circumstances is another thing. It's great to have some extra tools though.
PeterLe

Great stuff..
Need to go out this afternoon, but will leave it running with the screen recorder on...
regards
Peter
PeterLe

Hi
Yesterday ran fine all day...no issues as far as I can tell..

Today, I was watching it run and it seemed to miss a beat...
(Not using the new green commands yet, just using back, offset and greening)...

Running the beat version (in Mode 1, non API)

On the 14:35 it seemed to mis calculate the lay greening sum on one selection and left me exposed (see image)....not too much of a problem as it didnt win and I was using relatively small stakes..Anyone else noticed this with the greening on the beat version?

BA I can email a copy of the log if you need it...
Thanks
Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Please send the log and a list of settled bets to support and we'll have a look.

Thanks

Simon
Nero Tulip

I've had one or two troubles similar. But as yet I am not completely convinced it isn't my sheet playing up. It's a little haphazard with the way I've patched in the new commands, I'll get that smoothed out first.

One very nice thing with the new greening p/l info, is it's now possible with some calculations to work out your net position on all runners and square them off properly - instead of net stake like the command uses. Proper position management is an nice unexpected positive out of this beta!
Nero Tulip

Looks like I spoke too soon. I can work out the greening formula, stake and av. odds if I'm only exposed on one outcome. When I do it on two or more, it gets messy and I haven't figured it out yet. Any help greatly appreciated.
PeterLe

Bet Angel wrote:Please send the log and a list of settled bets to support and we'll have a look.

Thanks

Simon
Hi Simon,
yes I'll send in in the morning..away from my system (where the images are stored) at the mo...
..I had a similar problem this afternoon...so have dropped it back a version for now...
(I didnt have time to get a screen shot as I was busy manually correcting it in running)...
Thanks
Regards
Peter

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”