New beta version of Bet Angel

PeterLe

Hi
Yesterday ran fine all day...no issues as far as I can tell..

Today, I was watching it run and it seemed to miss a beat...
(Not using the new green commands yet, just using back, offset and greening)...

Running the beat version (in Mode 1, non API)

On the 14:35 it seemed to mis calculate the lay greening sum on one selection and left me exposed (see image)....not too much of a problem as it didnt win and I was using relatively small stakes..Anyone else noticed this with the greening on the beat version?

BA I can email a copy of the log if you need it...
Thanks
Peter
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Please send the log and a list of settled bets to support and we'll have a look.

Thanks

Simon
Nero Tulip

I've had one or two troubles similar. But as yet I am not completely convinced it isn't my sheet playing up. It's a little haphazard with the way I've patched in the new commands, I'll get that smoothed out first.

One very nice thing with the new greening p/l info, is it's now possible with some calculations to work out your net position on all runners and square them off properly - instead of net stake like the command uses. Proper position management is an nice unexpected positive out of this beta!
Nero Tulip

Looks like I spoke too soon. I can work out the greening formula, stake and av. odds if I'm only exposed on one outcome. When I do it on two or more, it gets messy and I haven't figured it out yet. Any help greatly appreciated.
PeterLe

Bet Angel wrote:Please send the log and a list of settled bets to support and we'll have a look.

Thanks

Simon
Hi Simon,
yes I'll send in in the morning..away from my system (where the images are stored) at the mo...
..I had a similar problem this afternoon...so have dropped it back a version for now...
(I didnt have time to get a screen shot as I was busy manually correcting it in running)...
Thanks
Regards
Peter
Nero Tulip

Think I've cracked the greening stake problem I wanted to solve. I'm no longer using the greening function now Peter, so can't offer any confirmation or not here. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

One thing that I see as the very obvious next step for this beta is the inclusion of the transaction counter in excel.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We've just uploaded version 1.23.5 to the downloads area.

This build includes the transaction counter in Excel and also adds additional protection to the code which we believe will avoid the scenario that PeterLe reported.
PeterLe

Bet Angel wrote:We've just uploaded version 1.23.5 to the downloads area.

This build includes the transaction counter in Excel and also adds additional protection to the code which we believe will avoid the scenario that PeterLe reported.
Andy thanks for your help in sorting this out.
regards
Peter
PS Nero will be happy with the Transaction Counter! (",)
Darko

Thanks a lot for the Excel improvements, they are a big step forward.

One question:

"CLOSE_TRADE closes the open trade on this runner using the current net stake"

- This doesn't mean with greening, right?

If I'm right, would it be possible to make a "Green up" command for single positions just like the Cancel command?

I usually calculate my greening-stakes with Excel, but in case a Close-Order gets filled with a better price than i asked for, there remains a net stake which I cannot green up because it's below the 2€ minimum. A Greening command could solve this problem I think.

Cheers,
Darko
PeterLe

Bet Angel wrote:We've just uploaded version 1.23.5 to the downloads area.

Andy,
1.23.5 looks good...been running it all afternoon on two instances; no errors...Thanks
Peter
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Darko wrote:One question:

"CLOSE_TRADE closes the open trade on this runner using the current net stake"

- This doesn't mean with greening, right?
That's correct, it just looks at the net stake on the runner (total of matched back bets minus the total of matched lay bets), and places either a back or lay bet to ensure the same stake has been placed on both sides.
Darko wrote: would it be possible to make a "Green up" command for single positions just like the Cancel command?
By 'single position' do you mean you wish to close and green-up just a single bet reference or would you be happy to close and green-up any open positions on that single runner? The latter would be easier to implement and more reliable to use.
Darko

By 'single position' do you mean you wish to close and green-up just a single bet reference or would you be happy to close and green-up any open positions on that single runner? The latter would be easier to implement and more reliable to use.
Thanks for your reply. The latter would be totally sufficient for me.

Another issue:

If an Order gets filled after(!) a Cancel Command for an, until then unmatched order,has been transmitted with Excel, Excel currently does not get the information that this order was matched finally. As concequence my Excel-Bot has an open position he does not know about..

Could you think of any way to exclude this case?
Maybe some check up after the transmission of the Cancel Command or after the "Cancel-OK", about the status of this bet ref?

I would also propose that cells P-S remain filled after the Cancel-"OK" appears in the status-cell.It would be helpfull for Order management in Excel, to still have the Bet Ref. after the Order was canceled successfully.
(I used the "Cancel_All" Command for single positions so far, just tested once with "Cancel" to see if cells P-S are also deleted after the "OK" - they are).

Cheers,
Darko
Darko

Just had an idea how the last issue I posted could be solved:

If the cells P-S would not be cleared after the Cancel-OK, a "Get Bet" or "Status_Check" command could return the matched-data for odds,stake and time.

People would be able to use "AND(L9="Cancel";O9="OK")" as a trigger for a macro with this "Get Bet"-Command. This could ensure that Excel does not miss a matched bet I think.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

The version you're currently using can perform a bet status check - if you enter any bet reference into column R it'll look up the matched stake and average odds and populate columns P & Q. We don't touch the Time (column S) as the bet may have been filled in chunks over a period of time so no single timestamp would be correct.

The facility is really there to give you an ongoing update of the state of an unmatched bet following placement, but you could borrow the facility to lookup the state of any bet on the market at any time.

It makes sense not to clear the cells in columns P to S following cancellation so that you continue to get the bet status update without having to store and re-enter the bet reference.... I'll ask development to modify the behaviour in the next build.
Darko

Bet Angel wrote:The version you're currently using can perform a bet status check - if you enter any bet reference into column R it'll look up the matched stake and average odds and populate columns P & Q.

That's even better. :D
Bet Angel wrote: It makes sense not to clear the cells in columns P to S following cancellation so that you continue to get the bet status update without having to store and re-enter the bet reference.... I'll ask development to modify the behaviour in the next build.
Thanks a lot!

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”