New beta version of Bet Angel v1.48.1 - Now on general release

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

PeterLe wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 12:38 pm
I would have thought this a great time to incorporate an option to green at the reverse price? (in both the settings and automation)
Was it considered?
Yes it was discussed and the request hasn't been rejected, but it hasn't been implemented yet. It's definitely an 'expert user' only feature, because most people when they green-up will expect the bets to have a good probability of filling immediately, whereas reverse greening will join the back of the queue.
You can already reverse green using the ladder trading profit column, the trading profit calculators and the shortcut keys. A reverse green all selections can be particularly problematic with gappy markets or fields with selections already at 1000-1. You can get potential greening P&L values that are large, but are practically impossible to achieve.

Are you just looking to green a single selection using Automation at the reverse price, or are you aiming for a reverse green all?

Would you be looking for the 'Close Trade Profit condition' and the 'Green All Profit condition' to be able to be configured to test the reverse profit rather than just the bets price profit? (Of course, the latter could include potential profit from joining the back of a queue at 1000-1).
Nero Tulip

Any chance for that group worksheet select feature in guardian that might just save my life in 1.49 ? grumble grumble hint hint... I'm dying here selecting 1000 drop down menus a day for different markets on different sheets! :mrgreen:

For clarity, highlight all the markets in guardian to send to a particular sheet, highlight next batch of markets for different sheet and so on.. unless I've missed some feature that will already do this for me? I need related markets running on different sheets, eg football match odds, o/us and so on..
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Nero Tulip wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 2:04 pm
Any chance for that group worksheet select feature in guardian that might just save my life in 1.49 ? grumble grumble hint hint... I'm dying here selecting 1000 drop down menus a day for different markets on different sheets! :mrgreen:

For clarity, highlight all the markets in guardian to send to a particular sheet, highlight next batch of markets for different sheet and so on.. unless I've missed some feature that will already do this for me? I need related markets running on different sheets, eg football match odds, o/us and so on..
So are you assigning multiple markets to the same sheet in Excel, potentially switching markets for a single sheet every second or so? It was never intended to work that way.... it was intended that a single market would be assigned to a single sheet (and you just copy as many sheets as required). Although even so, I doubt that'd scale into the 1000s!
Or have I misunderstood, are you waiting for one market to finish before reusing the sheet?

Do you have macros running to trigger bets and clear when the market changes in the sheet?
Nero Tulip

Bet Angel wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 2:41 pm
Nero Tulip wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 2:04 pm

So are you assigning multiple markets to the same sheet in Excel, potentially switching markets for a single sheet every second or so? It was never intended to work that way.... it was intended that a single market would be assigned to a single sheet (and you just copy as many sheets as required). Although even so, I doubt that'd scale into the 1000s!
Or have I misunderstood, are you waiting for one market to finish before reusing the sheet?

Do you have macros running to trigger bets and clear when the market changes in the sheet?
No, I'm putting markets onto different sheets, switching markets on same sheet would cause my calculations to go mad and waste computation time on a massive scale I'd imagine.

Here is an example of the sort of thing I might do for a day...

Say I want to trade dogs win markets and place markets at the same time for the whole day, starting 3 minutes before the off for each race. I have my win markets assigned to sheet "Bet Angel Win" and the places to "Bet Angel Place". In the morning I load up all the markets in guardian, restrict refresh to 180 seconds before start and a bit after too. I now have to go through the excel sheet column and physically drop down a menu for every single market, assigning it to the right sheet. Now imagine any number of sports with loads of races, and loads of derivative markets, add in multiple strategies on different Bet Angel iterations and it can very quickly get to be well over 1000 drop down menus a day.

(I will, at this point, be the happiest person if you point out the foolishness of my ways and suggest there's been a simple solution to this all along...please! :mrgreen: :P )

I don't want to copy as many sheets as required, as the file would get massive, there's a lot of calculations on each sheet that are quite taxing on the cpu, as well as macros / code running too, I've spent a lot of time optimising to the best of my ability (admittedly, not great, but ok), recommend fast excel 3.0 for that.

I just want to be able to highlight batches of markets in the guardian window, and assign them to a particular sheet, then highlight the next batch, and choose a sheet for those, and so on.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

How about this process:

Assign the correct sheet to the first market. Multi-select that and all the other markets that you want to use the same sheet using Ctrl+click (or however you currently multi-select) and then press a defined keyboard shortcut to 'assign all selected markets to the same Excel sheet' ? The shortcut would scan through the selections, find the first one with a sheet binding and duplicate that binding to all the other selections.

That would be fairly easy to implement as there are no UI changes - the request is a bit niche and doesn't warrant new Guardian toolbar items (along with user guide updates / videos etc). However, we've recently created the Guardian category in the keyboard shortcut editor, so this could be added into that.
Nero Tulip

Bet Angel wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 3:42 pm
How about this process:

Assign the correct sheet to the first market. Multi-select that and all the other markets that you want to use the same sheet using Ctrl+click (or however you currently multi-select) and then press a defined keyboard shortcut to 'assign all selected markets to the same Excel sheet' ? The shortcut would scan through the selections, find the first one with a sheet binding and duplicate that binding to all the other selections.

That would be fairly easy to implement as there are no UI changes - the request is a bit niche and doesn't warrant new Guardian toolbar items (along with user guide updates / videos etc). However, we've recently created the Guardian category in the keyboard shortcut editor, so this could be added into that.
I'm amazed this is not an issue for anyone else. It's pretty insane doing this many drop downs on a daily basis! 2+ hours of menus on a saturday, if I didn't laugh about it, I'd probably cry.

I've got the new beta, gone into the shortcut editor and under the guardian category, there are only two possible actions - "Remove Markets From Guardian" and "Remove Automation rules from all markets". If that process you described existed it might work, as long as I can do it for separate batches of new markets with a new sheet for each first one.. I'd take any route possible to be honest.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Yes you'd be able to repeat the process - it'd be coded to ignore any markets that aren't selected, so any previous binding assignments won't be affected.
Nero Tulip

Bet Angel wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 4:20 pm
Yes you'd be able to repeat the process - it'd be coded to ignore any markets that aren't selected, so any previous binding assignments won't be affected.
Needless to say then, I'm rather keen on this ! Keen enough to have just shouted out loud... would make a menu user mighty happy with life. Is there any chance for the official 1.48 release?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We'll prototype it and as long as it works as expected we should be able to add it to this build. It's a very low impact change - from our code's point of view anyway - high impact for you :)
Nero Tulip

Bet Angel wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 4:34 pm
We'll prototype it and as long as it works as expected we should be able to add it to this build. It's a very low impact change - from our code's point of view anyway - high impact for you :)
It may extend my eyesight for a further decade.. I'd call that impactful ! :shock: :ugeek: thanks for your help.
PeterLe

Nero,
Just a thought...
Why not open two instances of betangel..(assuming you use the same account) one for win and one for place
Then connect the revevant spreadsheet, but via the main excel tab rather than in guardian.
Create a simple rule that switches to the next market 180 before the start ?
Would that work?
Regards
Peter
PeterLe

Bet Angel wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 1:46 pm
PeterLe wrote:
Fri May 12, 2017 12:38 pm
I would have thought this a great time to incorporate an option to green at the reverse price? (in both the settings and automation)
Was it considered?
1) Are you just looking to green a single selection using Automation at the reverse price, or are you aiming for a reverse green all?

2) Would you be looking for the 'Close Trade Profit condition' and the 'Green All Profit condition' to be able to be configured to test the reverse profit rather than just the bets price profit? (Of course, the latter could include potential profit from joining the back of a queue at 1000-1).
Hi,
Re point 1 above; Both if possible please
Re point 2) No I wouldnt need this. If for example I knew that the green up profit using the current available odds were £5 for example, then the profit using the reverse odds would always be greater £5
Thanks
regards
Peter
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

PeterLe wrote:
Sat May 13, 2017 12:29 am
Re point 1 above; Both if possible please
OK, that doesn't touch too much code, so we'll see what we can do while this is in beta.
megarain

I think I just found a bug.

Trading a 4 runner race, at warwick. Pre-race .. Mr salco was 8/1, so laid it in-running.

Close out green-up looks v wrong.

I attach pics of ladder/settings/matched bets.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
megarain

Posted ok .. phew.

In the above pics, Green-up fig, at top, shws 17.55 // but, next to current price, close-out P/L shows 108

Something is wrong log :

6/05/2017 16:41:10: Market has been unsuspended
16/05/2017 16:41:42: £ 111.11 Lay bet placed on Mr Satco at 5.5. [Liability staking]. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 92997309615 ( Fill or kill bet with 0.3 seconds delay. )
16/05/2017 16:41:43: £ 111.11 unmatched bet (Ref:92997309615) was killed.
16/05/2017 16:41:51: £ 111.11 Lay bet placed on Mr Satco at 5.5. [Liability staking]. Fully matched at 5.3. Ref: 92997321054
16/05/2017 16:42:04: £ 11.00 Back bet placed on Mr Satco at 6. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 92997339007
16/05/2017 16:42:05: £ 11.00 Back bet placed on Mr Satco at 7.2. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 92997340771
16/05/2017 16:46:26: Market has been suspended

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”