convoysur-2

Come on peter .spill the beans,,
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3CZAyfvpBPY

what are we gettin ?
megarain

Lol .. nice teaser.

Something to look forward to.
LeTiss

I'm sure Peter's wife can relate to that video.......he's just working up to the exciting part, and then finishes
Dallas

Link from the video
http://www.betangel.info/
Bluesky

A game changer for me would be the provision of being able to practise on previous pre off horse races that have taken place. I have read that there are problems with BF charging fees if this was about to happen. Having chatted to many people, a lot of them would welcome such a facility.

I am not an automation person or a chart person, so any additions/improvements in those areas although welcome by some people, could in no way be described as a game changer for me. I wonder if the new version has anything to do with that company that is putting transponders into the horses saddle cloths to aid data gathering and also help the in play traders.
Korattt

if the new build is all about in play on HR I will be disappointed, I have an inkling what may be about to be released but won't divulge in case it makes me look like a plonker
Euler

Bluesky wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:57 am
A game changer for me would be the provision of being able to practise on previous pre off horse races that have taken place. I have read that there are problems with BF charging fees if this was about to happen. Having chatted to many people, a lot of them would welcome such a facility.

I am not an automation person or a chart person, so any additions/improvements in those areas although welcome by some people, could in no way be described as a game changer for me. I wonder if the new version has anything to do with that company that is putting transponders into the horses saddle cloths to aid data gathering and also help the in play traders.
The problem with data is licensing, Betfair want a small fortune for data and that means it's unviable for 99.9% of people.
LeTiss

THENUTS wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:01 am
linked to this....... ?

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2017/ ... are_btn_tw
I'd be a bit disappointed if that's what Peter is ultimately teasing us with.

I have zero interest in trading horses 'in play' and IMO that will not produce a wave of new savvy traders, it's more likely to produce blown banks where problem gamblers have another opportunity to lose control of their senses
ricardodeano

Euler wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 11:17 am
Bluesky wrote:
Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:57 am

The problem with data is licensing, Betfair want a small fortune for data and that means it's unviable for 99.9% of people.
Could you get around that by offering a "record" facility whereby BA records the data and keeps it in house, as opposed to going off somewhere to obtain it?

Or is it a case that the data is the 'intellectual property' of BF?

Personally, I think the game changer is that BA is going to strip away everything and just leave us with a big button that says "Press to make money" :D
mcgoo

small wish-hoping to be able to track volume change on a runner but maybe that's another rabbit hole.a .big "press for profit " button wins :)
ruthlessimon

ricardodeano wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 9:37 am
Could you get around that by offering a "record" facility whereby BA records the data and keeps it in house, as opposed to going off somewhere to obtain it?
That's exactly what I was thinking too :) It's such a genius feature, I can't believe there are no workarounds. Peter goes back & watches old Cheltenham videos to refine his skills. Therefore actually re-trading it would take it to the next level. A trader who wants to learn shorties could trade 100s a day etc - rather than the sporadic 6 if he's lucky! It would benefit everyone - especially those who want to learn but work during the afternoon.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

ricardodeano wrote:
Pretty much, yes. We'd lose our vendor access to the betfair API if the software was able to record betfair's prices in any way.
ricardodeano

Bet Angel wrote:
Mon Oct 09, 2017 5:22 pm
ricardodeano wrote:
Pretty much, yes. We'd lose our vendor access to the betfair API if the software was able to record betfair's prices in any way.
Boooo! The dream is dead.

At least the "Push button to make money" button dream is still on. Am I right?!
gsa

How about using some kind of block chain technology and bitcoin to creat a "dark pool" (like the investment banks) to match bet angel user bet's against each other. No more premium charge :D Only if a bet is not fully matched, the unmatched part of the bet will be forwarded to the exchange. I guess betfair wouldn't like it, but as far as I remember Peter was in Silicon Valley, so maybe some VC is bringing in big money to change trading :shock:

Return to “General discussion”