Trading is about to Change

A place to discuss anything.
gutuami

and as a feature "displaying fractional odds" on the ladder with a keyboard short cut. 8-)
magwitch78

Is it currently possible to keep a 'pending fill or kill' from a bet placed using global settings after switching to a different market?
Korattt

gutuami wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:47 pm
and as a feature "displaying fractional odds" on the ladder with a keyboard short cut. 8-)
:lol:
megarain

With regard to the new release, there was another clue in this weekends video. See if you can pull it all together before we release.
Sherlock Holmes hat on :

Ding .. Bell Boy icon .. so

Either its someone who answers my front door, when I am trading .. (thank feck for that), was tired of shouting at them.

or

Maybe, its customisable alerts, when a pattern is recognised ?

That might be quite clever.
ruthlessimon

Perhaps it could keep track of various trading metrics inside BA, rather than on a spreadsheet.

For example, keeping track of drawdowns, average wins, average losses, "90% of your losses have occurred on hcaps" etc.
Nero Tulip

It's launch day, right ?
dollaryen

From my point of view I would say the absolute best would be real time pictures so we can all compete on a level playing field, but I imagine that would cost a fortune for a software company to pull off.

Second best for me although not a game changer would be a Sports Interface like BetTrader.

As an aside I would also like to see the current price at the top on the ladder, in the mornings when orders are not flying through the market you cannot see what the current price of a horse is, you have to go to the one click screen to find it unless I just cannot find the setting to display it which is more than probable.
Korattt

Nero Tulip wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:19 am
It's launch day, right ?
one would’ve thought so for a few reasons..

End of the month, (what better time to release)
It’s Tuesday, (version updates frequently occur on this day)
Tomorrow is the Matchbox Traders Conference (what better time to answer questions about it & revel in the adulation of the new release)
It’s been dragged out far too long now

ok, don't get me wrong.. if it ain't ready it ain't ready BUT, don't go banging on about on great it is when you've been using it (like in the last video) when us mere mortals are left like mushrooms
Last edited by Korattt on Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
northbound

Korattt wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:20 am
It’s been dragged out far too long now
+1
dollaryen

+1 but they also have to ensure that they get it right whatever the innovation is, as with all things software related it takes as long as it takes. Just look how often Microsoft have released updates and patches too early and created all sorts of problems for users and themselves.
Euler

It most certainly isn't a question of dragging it out. It's just a question fo pre-announcing something for once.
rikardoGoulart

Actually, nothing has REALLY been (pre-)announced, other than a new version is comming out... some day... somehow... somewhere... ! :twisted:
ShaunWhite

dollaryen wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:08 am
As an aside I would also like to see the current price at the top on the ladder, in the mornings when orders are not flying through the market you cannot see what the current price of a horse is, you have to go to the one click screen to find it unless I just cannot find the setting to display it which is more than probable.
Maybe a Watch List would show you what you need to see?
rostov

I'm going down the pub on Friday. I go down the pub every Friday.

This time I thought I would pre-announce my visit to the pub on Friday.
rikardoGoulart

rostov wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 12:43 pm
I'm going down the pub on Friday. I go down the pub every Friday.

This time I thought I would pre-announce my visit to the pub on Friday.
Well, you did manage to provide a time frame. Not bad :lol:

Return to “General discussion”