New version of Bet Angel v1.49.0

iambic_pentameter

[/quote]

Yes that can be done, ill add something along these lines tomorrow ahead of the days racing
but all you need is to have your bet offset (without greening) via global settings then give a safety servant a 'take SP' rule that it triggers if there are unmatched bets
[/quote]

Cheers, Dallas.
iambic_pentameter

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:48 pm
iambic_pentameter wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:16 pm
Re the Safety Servant feature, is there a way that you can potentially set it up so that each time you enter a trade, the servant puts a closing bet on the other side of the book and then selects "Take SP"
Yes it could, but there would actually be a few ways to do it, so you'd have to decide which is best for you. You could just use offset bets attached to the opening bets to create your closing positions and just have the Safety Servant constantly mark them as Take SP. Or you could have the safety servant cancel all bets at a certain time, place closing bets using net stake and then mark them as Take SP. Or it could just green all at a certain time.

In case it went unnoticed, Automation can now be staked with a Net Stake amount https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/sta ... ters_.html to make such exits easier. You just have to use conditions in the rules to decide whether it's a back bet or a lay bet that required to close.

One other feature that is useful for a Safety Servant is the ability to stop all other servants that might be currently active in the market. Bottom of this page

Just noticed Dallas has replied while I've been writing this, but I'll post anyway because of the alternative options.
Thanks, Bet Angel - really excited to see the possibilities that are available.
Dabbla

This looks really interesting, it’s going to be a long night.
Can we get hotkeys or there rules added into automation?
I have a hotkey that sorts and centres the market. It would be really handy if i could automate it. Getting my servant to sort the market for me would be a nice bonus.
I know something that has been asked for over the years is a way to automatically centre the ladders and this would do it.

Could you make a way to use short cuts default to the left click other than having to press the keyboard? The spreading the money on the ladder video has got me thinking that might me a better default option.
BlackHat Betting

This is a pretty smart update.... looking forward to exploring it tomorrow :D
Kafkaesque

Euler wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:54 pm
There is a load of new bits in the automation area to explore as well, so check them out.
Have these been compiled into a list somewhere, I've missed? Or will they be?

Would hate to miss out on something, now you guys have put all that work into a new version ;)
Euler

We will release more info in the coming days, just didn't want to swamp everybody on day one.
Kafkaesque

Top man :D

A few more questions, since I have only been around for one version :)

Will markets saved in Guardian of the old version remain after updating to new one?

Also, will automation rules be carried over, or do I need to save them somewhere externally, before doing the update?

EDIT: I should clarify, that I mean automation rule files, not rules applied to markets
MemphisFlash

well that was an almighty sucess. my servants can have the time off for good behaiour now!!!! practice mode, but so fast.
servant.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
FingersCrossed

I agree with Memphis.... Love it!
This feature is absolutely spot on!
Brilliant work Bet Angel boffins, Thank you!
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Dabbla wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:27 pm
Can we get hotkeys or there rules added into automation?
We can look into allowing a servant to trigger items from the Keyboard Shortcuts Editor, but I think some of them could cause problems (such as price modification of unmatched bets)..... the mouse may have moved on by the time the Servant requests the action, so we'd need to boost the concept of the Servant Context further to retain the bet information. It's something to consider for a future version though as some of the features available to the shortcuts editor could be useful for a Servant.
Dabbla wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:27 pm
Could you make a way to use short cuts default to the left click other than having to press the keyboard?
The risk with that is that the mouse's left-click gets locked into a Servant only mode. The Keyboard Shortcuts Editor has the ability to start a Servant without the mouse click, so the best option would be to assign your Servant to a single key and then map that key to a spare button on a gaming mouse.
Alternatively, you can start a Servant with a Custom column button on the one-click screen.
Dallas

Kafkaesque wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:44 pm
Top man :D

A few more questions, since I have only been around for one version :)

Will markets saved in Guardian of the old version remain after updating to new one?

Also, will automation rules be carried over, or do I need to save them somewhere externally, before doing the update?

EDIT: I should clarify, that I mean automation rule files, not rules applied to markets
You can install over the top of an existing version or uninstal it first it makes no difference, all existing automation files, settings, layouts profiles etc are stored separately so are left in tact.
Dabbla

[/quote]
The risk with that is that the mouse's left-click gets locked into a Servant only mode. The Keyboard Shortcuts Editor has the ability to start a Servant without the mouse click, so the best option would be to assign your Servant to a single key and then map that key to a spare button on a gaming mouse.
Alternatively, you can start a Servant with a Custom column button on the one-click screen.
[/quote]

intresting !
mm2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Kafkaesque wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:37 pm
Have these been compiled into a list somewhere, I've missed? Or will they be?
I've updated the first post in the thread to list all the Automation Editor changes
98lewisj

MemphisFlash wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:47 pm
well that was an almighty sucess. my servants can have the time off for good behaiour now!!!! practice mode, but so fast.
servant.JPG
TBF you are the king of practice mode :lol: :lol:
Drac

Servants Rock! This is a game changer, for me anyway and way more than just another update. Thanks Peter and the team, great job! I’m only just beginning to see how effective this will become and can already see the positive effect it will have on my trading. I guess there may be teething “hurdles” for the software and the end users both but eventually I'm sure we will all love the Servants like they are part of the family. Good Stuff! :D

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”