New version of Bet Angel v1.49.0

Korattt

so if you’re crap at automation (like me) you’ve no chance, thanks a bundle
Euler

It's actually an ENHANCEMENT for manual traders and not as complicated as automation. It's a halfway house, that's the whole concept.
megarain

I think its a v interesting development.

Am worried, the sheer possibilities, might endanger data charges raising its head. Am a little surprised, Betfair are happy with this. Badly coded Servants, could send a LOT of bets. maybe that will be the trick .. waiting and watching etc, and then actually sending a bet.

Am gonna need to understand offset greening fully - but, we all need to understand the tools we use.

Thx
Korattt

Euler wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:37 pm
It's actually an ENHANCEMENT for manual traders and not as complicated as automation. It's a halfway house, that's the whole concept.
won’t be using it myself, can see people getting frustrated with it
FrankCastle794

Where abouts are the servant downloads, the spread entry/exit looks interesting.
Dallas

megarain wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:37 pm
I think its a v interesting development.

Am worried, the sheer possibilities, might endanger data charges raising its head. Am a little surprised, Betfair are happy with this. Badly coded Servants, could send a LOT of bets. maybe that will be the trick .. waiting and watching etc, and then actually sending a bet.

Am gonna need to understand offset greening fully - but, we all need to understand the tools we use.

Thx
There is only the 1000 transaction a hour to watch out for and even this requires a bet every 4 secs to reach, but unlike regular automation you can keep a close eye on your TX counter in the bottom right corner if you were worried
Dallas

FrankCastle794 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:47 pm
Where abouts are the servant downloads, the spread entry/exit looks interesting.
There will some getting added from tomorrow morning
FrankCastle794

Nice one, really liking the spread idea :)
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Korattt wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:23 pm
You won't necessarily have to even write any Automation rules yourself - Servants are so flexible that you may well spot a rules file uploaded by someone else that you could import with a couple of clicks and make use of with a couple more.

e.g. It could be a Safety Servant that ensures you get out when the timer reaches ten seconds before the off, or a bet trigger that chooses current or reverse price based on recent price movement, or an alert if one of the selections moves too quickly. The possibilities are endless. I wouldn't make any rash judgements at this stage.
iambic_pentameter

I'm very excited about the new feature.

Re the Safety Servant feature, is there a way that you can potentially set it up so that each time you enter a trade, the servant puts a closing bet on the other side of the book and then selects "Take SP"

I currently have to enter this manually each time I enter a trade so to do that via a servant would be brilliant.

More importantly, best of luck to Peter at the Matchbook conference tomorrow - hope your talk goes well.

Iambic
Dallas

FrankCastle794 wrote:
Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:04 pm
Nice one, really liking the spread idea :)
Sounds a bit cliche but the sheer number of possibilities with it are huge and that's only going to increase as new options get added later down the line.

There will come a time when a lot of people look back and wonder how they managed doing everything themselves and a mouse click only being able to place a single fixed bet at that moment we feel archaic!
broadsword

Korattt wrote:
You always get the doubter's :( , trading is about the EDGE and this gives us (BA users) the edge over other systems out there.

Great work Peter :D , looking forward to cutting my teeth on this.

Russ
Laugro1968

Hi everybody,

I have a couple of automations for IR. I'd like to know if it would be possible to assign one of them from the ladder interface on nominated runners. Could a mouse buttons (or keyboard) be programmed to that effect.

E.g: I'm looking at a runner of the ladder and think it would be fit for rule x. Can I activate the rule for that particular runner by a simple click?

Thanks!
I posted this on February 16th.
I got an answer today!
Cheers!
Laurent
SeaHorseRacing

Korattt wrote:
Korratt buddy.

I don't understand your frustration.

You dont have to use it at all. I am the same with automation but at the end of the day its a tool.

Trading is trading.

I think its a great idea... will I use it? probably not?

Why? I am happy doing what I am doing but for some its an amazing tool.

However its there. Its something we may all need. If you have a light bulb moment.. the resources are there ready for you..

Two important factors I have learned from trading.

You have to accept and get used to the new ways. You HAVE TOO to succeed.
Stay open minded.

Great that betangel keep striving to improve their software and I am grateful.
Last edited by SeaHorseRacing on Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
neld0r

is this the "trading is about to change" feature or is that still coming out?

no idea yet what this is yet but i will watch the videos tonight...

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”