New version of Bet Angel v1.49.0

Dallas

ricardodeano wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:15 am
Good morning.

Are there any plans to release a 1.49.1 that just addresses the Servant Manager tooltip bug? I've had it floating around my screen all morning :D
If you're still using the original V1.49 you downloaded after release try redownloading it again, it was patched a few months back and seems to of cleared the tooltip issue for those that had it
ricardodeano

Dallas wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:30 am
ricardodeano wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:15 am
Good morning.

Are there any plans to release a 1.49.1 that just addresses the Servant Manager tooltip bug? I've had it floating around my screen all morning :D
If you're still using the original V1.49 you downloaded after release try redownloading it again, it was patched a few months back and seems to of cleared the tooltip issue for those that had it
D'oh! Must have missed that! Thanks Dallas.
Tuco

In addition to my previous posts about layout improvements for the next gen BA with custom sorting of the one-click screen etc. could I also ask that the next version increases the maximum number of ladders from 12 to 18 ladders.

I run 24" screens where it is nice to have 6 columns and 2 rows but this could be increased to 6 columns and 3 rows offering 18 different selections at a glance. As fewer ticks would be visible it would be useful in markets with little spread, but there are many of those.

Please do read and if possible incomporate the previously mentioned improvements into the next version as I and I'm sure several others will appreciate the benefits they bring.

Thanks and keep up the good work, BA!
Tuco

I'd very much like to receive some feedback from Peter, Dallas or one of the developers about my recent improvement suggestions (as shown again below) which in the main are simple additional layout improvments and not a new set of features or complicated codes or algorithms:

----------------------

I've posted this in a couple of places but also worth posting again here - hopefully as these are in the main simple layout issues, they can be easily added to the next release v1.49.1 and would be much appreciated guys!

"I often find that I'm playing an in-play market which consists of two teams plus substitues with the selections all mixed up wasting valuable time in finding the desired selection. The unused substitutes or those that have already been substituted get right in the way. A custom order sort for the one-click screen would solve this problem. What I would find really useful would be to be able to custom sort the order of the selections in the same way as you can when using the ladder screens (for up to 12 selections). In that way I could ensure the selections for 1 team were at the top and the selections for the other team were at the bottom of the one-click screen and in-play trader screen.

Also for the one-click screen would like to be able to split the screen into two columns left and right, so I could have one team on the left and the other team on the right - that would be really useful as all selections would be visible at a glance rather than needing to scroll up or down which wastes valuable time when there are more than 20 selections in the market. An alternative way to achieve this is to run two sets of BetAngel simultaneously have each take up half a computer screen side by side - but surely this shouldn't be necessary?

On the one-click screen you can sort by 'First Name' and sort by 'P&L' - an option to be able to sort by 'Surname' as well as and/or rather than by 'First Name' would also be incredibly useful - I could have really used that feature last Monday and on many other occassions.

It would also be most useful if there were 'sort by Surname (Ascending)', 'sort by Surname (Descending)', 'sort by First Name (Ascending)', and 'sort by First Name (Descending)' options on the In-play Trader sorting drop-down list. Alternatively or as well as, a simple 'drag-and-drop' feature would allow the selections to be ordered as desired

Finally, it would be great to be able to have several one-click windows open for different markets at the same time and to be able to open a market into one of these one-click windows in the same way as you can open a new market into a new ladder window by right clicking on the market in Guardian and selecting 'Display market in a new ladder window' - all this would take is the added option to 'Display market in a new one-click window'.

I really would find these custom sorting and one-click layout additions incredible uselful and as such I'm sure many others would too.

Keep up the good work guys - any questions please don't hesitate to ask - thank you :)"
Last edited by Tuco on Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tuco

Having the opportunity to open several one-click screens, (as you can already do with several ladder screens), would be a welcome advantage in events where there are several markets.

I often play events where there are winner, top 2, top 3, top 4, top 6 top 10 markets all of whuich are dependant upon the very same live action - several one-click screens in this scenario would be most welcome. I've developed the screen to fit half the width of the monitor, so across two monitors you could have 4 one-click screens with 20 selections visible at any one time and with 2 PC's each with 2 screens you could have 8 one-click screens at your mercy.

I really do hope sopmeone in the suggestions/upgrades department is considering my suggestions as I know they would help me out and therefore they would also help many others out too.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

All the suggestions have been fed into development, but some are more difficult/costly than others to implement.

Splitting the grid into two columns isn't supported by the grid control, so that would be a very costly change and I've not seen much demand for it.

Increasing the number of ladders would be possible.

Multiple one-click screens has been asked for a few times and the number of votes for it in the development plans has increased. The one-click screen isn't much use without an area to show its unmatched bets, so the change is not without complexity. The more people that request this, the higher it'll be placed in the development workstack. There's nothing to stop you running multiple instances of Bet Angel on the same PC and if the instances are pointed to different markets, the PC overheads wouldn't be much different to keeping two one-click screens active, so I'd recommend doing that for now. The watch lists can also be used to monitor multiple markets and quickly switch.

Custom sort order for one-click screen - not impossible, but not easy, so this is another one to be driven by customer demand.

Sort by last name - an enhancement due in v1.50.0 should make this possible.
uzain

I am facing a problem with this version. When i switch from one race to another it keeps bring back the previous race betfair graph for like one minute. Its really frustrating. To clear confusion my screen layout includes four ladders and betfair graph in the footer of each ladder. Please help me.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”