New beta version of Bet Angel v1.50.1 - Now on general release

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

sa7med wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:54 am
Well done! Will the excel updates still be buggy with this version?
Unfortunately yes, unless you use the earlier build of Excel 2016 as explained in the other thread. The Excel bug has been introduced by Microsoft and although we've tried to workaround it, nothing has made a difference. The fault is inside Excel itself and we've got no control over that. The only option we'd have would be to freeze all Excel updates while the user is focused in an Excel cell, but that's a really inferior option compared to using the 2017 build of Excel or Microsoft just fixing the bug! Although we've raised the bug with Microsoft and they've recreated it, they have given no indication as to when/if it'll be fixed.
jimibt

Nice release - one that's been highly anticipated too.

Quick question regards Stored Values. On a per runner basis (for example), how would i setup a set of SV's that looked at the lowest and highest LTP for that runner. basically, i'd like to create a set of bands per runner that only would be changed if the latest LTP was either higher than my upper variable or lower than the lowest recorded value. example below in psuedo code:

runnerMaxLTP = if LTP > runnerMaxLTP Then LTP
runnerMinLTP = if LTP < runnerMinLTP Then LTP

usage in rule:

if (LTP < (runnerMaxLTP - 5 ticks)) AND (LTP > (runnerMinLTP + 5 ticks)) Then {do something great etc...}

In essence, how do i create a range that i can determine that i am inside..

[edit] - just thinking about this. probably encapsulating the stored value inside a signal rule with conditions that compare the incoming value to the SV's would be the way to do this... i.e. one signal rule for the runnerMaxLTP and one for the runnerMinLTP... doh..

dbl doh -just saw that there's arule type that allows me to to do this -what a frickin to$$er i ma -sorted
PDC

Simonlofc wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:48 pm
Amazing the words Rest on your Laurels obviously have never been heard in BA Tower
Unlike some of the other vendors that claim to be the best who haven't released any updates of any value for months if not years!

Keep up the good work BA.
mcgoo

Fan-bloomin-tastic :D .Nice work BA team.'Excited about stored values..!!!! 8-)
Now, how to explain even longer periods in man cave ....I was coding honey coding :ugeek: :ugeek: :D
Last edited by mcgoo on Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tuco

...great stuff Team BA - updates and new features are always welcome and evolution is an absolute necessity - keep up the good work!

• Maximum number of Ladders has now been increased to 18 - THANK YOU

Any chance you could consider also adding 'Last Name' and/or 'Last Name, First Name' as alternative choice(s) to 'Name' in the custom columns editor? Please?

In this way it would be possible to sort the order by 'Last Name' and/or 'Last Name, First Name'

examples:

'Name' = Katarina Johnson-Thompson

or

'Last Name' = Johnson-Thompson

or

'Last Name, First Name' = Johnson-Thompson, Katarina

Thanks in advance :D
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Tuco wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:02 am
Any chance you could consider also adding 'Last Name' and/or 'Last Name, First Name' as alternative choice(s) to 'Name' in the custom columns editor? Please?
If you use the 'Display additional information' option in the custom columns, you'll see an option called 'Last part of selections name'. That is effectively what you are referring to as 'Last Name'.... assuming space separators appear in a logical place in the name.
The standard 'Name' field on the one-click screen will be the usual name order of First & Last.
mcgoo

Thought I might move this to a separate reply

mmm maybe my tired brain but can't see a way to track a %change (runner % of market volume) of a runner-the stored values look like they record absolute volumes-one can see the % volume of a runner on the ladder if you choose selection volume to view on the ladder via settings. As mentioned in previous threads it would be great to be able to track this % change.Stored values would be a great way to do it

Thanks
jimibt

mcgoo wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:10 am

mmm maybe my tired brain but can't see a way to track a %change (runner % of market volume) of a runner-the stored values look like they record absolute volumes-one can see the % volume of a runner on the ladder if you choose selection volume to view on the ladder via settings. As mentioned in previous threads it would be great to be able to track this % change.Stored values would be a great way to do it

Thanks
actually, an interesting addition to the Value B comparison would be book%. i much prefer to think about book% value, rather than LTP as this has less relativity imho than knowing that the book% is increasing or decreasing over timespans.. worthy of an addition i think..
Dallas

mcgoo wrote:

Thanks
I was going to upload this in a few days but as you have asked about it I have just done it now
viewtopic.php?f=53&t=16237

You should be able to edit the principals of that to what your looking to do, if you get stuck just post onto the thread with where your at
Tuco

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:56 am
Tuco wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 10:02 am
If you use the 'Display additional information' option in the custom columns, you'll see an option called 'Last part of selections name'. That is effectively what you are referring to as 'Last Name'.... assuming space separators appear in a logical place in the name.
The standard 'Name' field on the one-click screen will be the usual name order of First & Last.
PERFECT - YIPEE - THAT WILL DO NICELY - GREAT STUFF - MUCH APPRECIATED - THANK YOU :D
mcgoo

jimibt wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:16 am
mcgoo wrote:

Thanks
actually, an interesting addition to the Value B comparison would be book%. i much prefer to think about book% value, rather than LTP as this has less relativity imho than knowing that the book% is increasing or decreasing over timespans.. worthy of an addition i think..
Thanks for the reply Dallas.I have posted on that thread. jimibt appears to have worded it better than me.cheers
megarain

Thx for update to software.

Am on hols, so havent really tried any of the features yet .. but looking fwd to using stored values.
Niko

Stored values!!!!!! Woo hooo! !!!!!
Korattt

"'high' & 'low' values from Market Overview are now available in Excel as additional values",

could anyone care to explain these high & low values?, & how they're useful, I've looked through the Bet Angel user manual & unable to find anything?, pm me if needs be as really would like to know
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

They are the highest and lowest prices that a selection has traded. The values also have a filter applied which aims to remove the small volume price spikes that occur when a market is first formed.
As price highs and lows create resistance and support points in the market, people use these values to spot potential reversal & breakout opportunities.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”