New beta version of Bet Angel v1.50.1 - Now on general release

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We are pleased to announce that a new beta version of Bet Angel Professional is available v1.50.0.
Edit: Now updated to v1.50.1
Edit: 5th June 2018: This build is now out of beta and is on general release

Download it from here: - https://www.betangel.com/securedownload ... _beta1.exe

Bet Angel VPS only version: - https://www.betangel.com/securedownload ... _beta1.exe

Many of the changes have been based on customer feedback and suggestions.
We have been testing this beta over the last few weeks and have not uncovered any bugs so have decided to release it to the forum ahead of its formal release. This has been a complex build with many small changes throughout Bet Angel, so as with all betas, please gain confidence with the version before using full stakes. If you do spot any issues please post them to this thread.

V1.50.0 includes the following changes & features:

Automation / Servants
  • ‘Stored Values’ – any rule can now store a price or value to be used later. Stored Values can be used as a filter in other rules with the new Stored Value condition. Also a bet can be placed at a previously stored price. (see section below for further details).
  • The ‘Context price’ of a Servant can now be referenced in the Fixed Odds and Relative Odds Conditions.
  • Update: new stored value options added to v1.50.1 : Book % of the market (using back or lay prices), Book % of a selection (using back or lay price), and Volume % of a selection.
One-Click Screen
  • Right mouse clicking on a stake box now gives quick access to your preset stakes from the ladder screen.
  • What-If columns can now be added to the one-click screen and operate in both one-click and manual modes to show the impact new bet(s) will have on the profit & loss.
  • This version contains many enhancements to make the one-click display more flexible and configurable:
    • Change the display font, the height of each row and apply a gap between rows (via the Settings Editor)
    • Drag individual columns wider or narrower before saving your layout. (Column dragging enabled via the Settings Editor)
    • Maximum number of custom columns increased to 100 (defaulted to 20, but can be increased 5 at a time via the custom columns editor)
    • Custom columns can now display ‘Additional Information’ to add values to the one-click screen that were previously unavailable. e.g. Jockey name, Trainer name, SP, Reduction Factor, High and Low Traded Price, and Matched/Unmatched bets count
    • Custom columns can also show a 'Shared' Stored Value for a Selection, the Market or the market’s Event.
    • A custom column’s height & width span can be changed from the default – e.g. use this to have a wide column span above multiple narrow columns. Note: This is exposing a feature from the development toolkit, so following modification of the custom column, to get things looking just right you’ll need to drag and drop the columns on the one-click screen using the on-screen black placement arrows (then save the one-click layout to a named profile of your choosing). Not the easiest of features to use, but it does offer extra layout flexibility that could otherwise not be provided.
Goal Lines and Asian Handicaps
  • Bet Angel now fully supports the Goal Lines and new style Asian Handicap markets. The one-click P&L and What-If columns reflect the concept of Double Line asian handicaps.
  • The Profit & Loss report window (button appears in the toolbar for appropriate markets) has been enhanced to support combination half & whole goal handicaps – sometimes referred to as ‘Quarter-Goal Handicaps’
Other changes ( accessed via Bet Angel Settings )
  • Market Overview background and font colours can now be changed
  • All profits values throughout Bet Angel can now be displayed 'Net of Commission’
  • Configurable staking method for Stop Loss when using 'offset with greening' – choose whether to use the offset, trigger or placement price when calculating the stake. Edit: bug found in v1.50.0. Fixed in v1.50.1
  • Maximum number of Ladders has now been increased to 18
  • 'high' & 'low' values from Market Overview are now available in Excel as additional values
  • Choose if Excel triggers the bet placement sound when placing a bet
  • Switch to an alternative source for Betfair jockey silks (use this if you sometimes see blank silks using the normal source)
E-mail verification
  • Bet Angel is fully ICO registered. We now require you to associate a verified e-mail address with your Betfair Client ID. You’ll be prompted at login to nominate an e-mail address and a verification code will be sent by us to that e-mail address. Once verified, Bet Angel won’t need to go through the process again for that account and will have the advantage of being able to find new serial numbers purchased with that e-mail address. i.e. As you approach expiry and buy a new serial number, Bet Angel will be able to find the serial and offer auto-activation on the next login without requiring the serial number to be entered by hand.
More about Stored Values
  • Stored values work in a similar way to the existing signals feature of Bet Angel, but can be used to store prices, volume, entered values etc. From a programming point of view they can be thought of as variables local to a running instance of an Automation rules file (or Servant).
  • The Stored Value condition can be used in any rule to compare the value of a previously stored value as an additional way to filter a rule trigger.
  • Each rule can have multiple stored values and they are processed in order, so you can easily create a sequence of modifications.
  • E.g. Store the back price of a selection at a certain point in time, then add 10% to that value, round up to the nearest price and store that under a different named value. Later use a condition to test the current back price against the stored value and place a bet accordingly.
  • You can even place a bet at a stored value if required (assuming it is holding a valid price!).
  • There is an option to log changes to stored values and this is very useful during initial development of the Automation Rules.
  • Stored values can also be ‘Shared’ allowing multiple servants to access them, meaning one Servant could store a value and another could then use it at a later time. From a programming point of view, this is a ‘Global’ variable, but as such needs to be used with a bit of care. Consider what is responsible for initialising the Shared value – you might want a dedicated Servant to initialise/reset a value that will be used by multiple Servants thereafter.
  • Stored Values can be associated with a particular selection or the market as a whole. In the case of Shared Stored Values, these can also be applied at the Event level ( e.g. the entire soccer match rather than just the Match Odds market)
Korattt

fantastic work with being able to alter the MO Chart background but would've loved to have kept the Risk Meter & Runner Columns Background white
LeTiss

Exceptional work Peter & his team

When I joined in 2008, I thought this was the greatest piece of kit I'd ever seen, yet you continually have improved it further and further, whilst keeping the costs down to the same they were back then

Top notch
Simonlofc

Amazing the words Rest on your Laurels obviously have never been heard in BA Tower
Tenable

Once again excellent work :P
ShaunWhite

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:54 am
Can I suggest a Guardian tweak....Selection signals, Market signals.....Global signals.
:D One happy camper.

And a nice implementation as they can be assign real world values rather than just constants.

...time to find the old notebooks to try and remember why I wanted them, it was well over a year ago!
ShaunWhite

These changes are so much bigger than any that have gone before. Where was the hype and the fancy dress costume?

My head was already full of ideas but Stored Values might just cause a complete meltdown.

Queue gentle rocking and staring out of the window. :shock:

---------------------------
Edit: I just looked at all the options on the SV tab :o Dallas is going to be a very busy boy supporting this one.

The bots can now talk to each other! This house of bots could become chaotic when the toaster switches on because the bread bin has been restocked.

(sorry to go on but I'm genuinely more excited by this than I have been by much lately, nice quiet time of year for it too :roll: ;) )
convoysur-2

SWEET,
Thank you
Dabbla

Some great changes, thanks. :) :)
sa7med

Well done! Will the excel updates still be buggy with this version?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

sa7med wrote:
Tue Apr 17, 2018 7:54 am
Well done! Will the excel updates still be buggy with this version?
Unfortunately yes, unless you use the earlier build of Excel 2016 as explained in the other thread. The Excel bug has been introduced by Microsoft and although we've tried to workaround it, nothing has made a difference. The fault is inside Excel itself and we've got no control over that. The only option we'd have would be to freeze all Excel updates while the user is focused in an Excel cell, but that's a really inferior option compared to using the 2017 build of Excel or Microsoft just fixing the bug! Although we've raised the bug with Microsoft and they've recreated it, they have given no indication as to when/if it'll be fixed.
jimibt

Nice release - one that's been highly anticipated too.

Quick question regards Stored Values. On a per runner basis (for example), how would i setup a set of SV's that looked at the lowest and highest LTP for that runner. basically, i'd like to create a set of bands per runner that only would be changed if the latest LTP was either higher than my upper variable or lower than the lowest recorded value. example below in psuedo code:

runnerMaxLTP = if LTP > runnerMaxLTP Then LTP
runnerMinLTP = if LTP < runnerMinLTP Then LTP

usage in rule:

if (LTP < (runnerMaxLTP - 5 ticks)) AND (LTP > (runnerMinLTP + 5 ticks)) Then {do something great etc...}

In essence, how do i create a range that i can determine that i am inside..

[edit] - just thinking about this. probably encapsulating the stored value inside a signal rule with conditions that compare the incoming value to the SV's would be the way to do this... i.e. one signal rule for the runnerMaxLTP and one for the runnerMinLTP... doh..

dbl doh -just saw that there's arule type that allows me to to do this -what a frickin to$$er i ma -sorted
PDC

Simonlofc wrote:
Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:48 pm
Amazing the words Rest on your Laurels obviously have never been heard in BA Tower
Unlike some of the other vendors that claim to be the best who haven't released any updates of any value for months if not years!

Keep up the good work BA.
mcgoo

Fan-bloomin-tastic :D .Nice work BA team.'Excited about stored values..!!!! 8-)
Now, how to explain even longer periods in man cave ....I was coding honey coding :ugeek: :ugeek: :D
Last edited by mcgoo on Tue Apr 17, 2018 11:09 am, edited 2 times in total.
Tuco

...great stuff Team BA - updates and new features are always welcome and evolution is an absolute necessity - keep up the good work!

• Maximum number of Ladders has now been increased to 18 - THANK YOU

Any chance you could consider also adding 'Last Name' and/or 'Last Name, First Name' as alternative choice(s) to 'Name' in the custom columns editor? Please?

In this way it would be possible to sort the order by 'Last Name' and/or 'Last Name, First Name'

examples:

'Name' = Katarina Johnson-Thompson

or

'Last Name' = Johnson-Thompson

or

'Last Name, First Name' = Johnson-Thompson, Katarina

Thanks in advance :D

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”