New beta version of Bet Angel v1.50.1 - Now on general release

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Bet Angel wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:58 am
mhorro wrote:
Wed Apr 25, 2018 7:14 pm
I had 15 stored variables to track price of a nominated selection from 10 hours out of start time to 1 minute before the off and the memory usage was quite high, it increased quite aggressively..
OK - we'll run some side by side comparisons.
To follow-up on this. We've been running v1.49.0 and v.1.50.0 side by side for a few days with the same settings and actions performed on each and haven't detected any memory leaks or any significant difference in memory usage between the two versions.
In both cases, the memory footprint increases during the day as price data for the charts is collected, but that is freed up as expected when the markets are removed from Guardian. With all markets removed, and the log page cleared, the footprint is currently sitting at 110MB for each version.

We used stored values in 1.50.0 to attempt to replicate what you saw and signals in v1.49.0 to be as similar as possible.

We'll close the issue for now, but if you (or any other forum member) run side by side comparisons and spot an area of concern, we'll take another look. In that situation, a description of all actions (and duration) applied to the versions would be very useful in attempting to recreate.
dt888

Have you had any issues reported with the new stop loss feature?

I had one on the dogs this morning where my initial bet was only partially matched, the rest was cancelled with fill or kill. Stop loss set to calculate at trigger price. Shortly afterwards it hit the stop loss and it put in a stop stake for this that would have been correct if the initial full stake had been matched. It didnt take into account it had only been partially matched so left an open position that my green all rule had to close just before race stated

Cheers
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

dt888 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 2:25 pm
Have you had any issues reported with the new stop loss feature?
No, your query is the first. There are parts of the code to handle partial matches before stop loss trigger, so it should have dealt with that situation.

Could you paste here the sections of the log showing the initial bet being placed, the offset with stop being placed after fill or kill expired, and the eventual stop loss triggering. We'll take a look at it.
dt888

Ive sent the relevent log and matched bets to support

Thanks
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

dt888 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 4:57 pm
Ive sent the relevent log and matched bets to support
Thanks - we've recreated the issue and will issue a fix as soon as possible.

Note for all: The issue relates to incorrect staking when using the new stop loss staking settings with an 'offset bet with greening and stop' when a partial match has occurred before the stop triggers. The setting 'Use offset stake' still works properly.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 8:02 am
Now fixed in v1.50.1 - download links updated in the first post.

Also a few extra Stored Value options have been added to this build - see first post for details.
jimibt

Bet Angel wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 8:09 am
Bet Angel wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 8:02 am
Now fixed in v1.50.1 - download links updated in the first post.

Also a few extra Stored Value options have been added to this build - see first post for details.
thanks for those additions to the stored values, they will save a little bit of excel munching. now, only final request is to add another SV of VWAP factored out to a closed system of 100% per selection ;)

[edit] - without going over the top, the single addition of book% by selection is the biggest boost to my personal armoury since the introduction of signals a few years back... that's the impact of this small change!! (wondering if book% on selection would also be good on general conditions (similar to fixed odds, relative odds) etc.. hhmmm)
mcgoo

You had me at Volume% :D .Great changes.Waay too excited.Thanks BA team!
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

jimibt wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:27 am
only final request is to add another SV of VWAP factored out to a closed system of 100% per selection ;)
That'll probably have to wait until the next major version unless we need to issue another bug fix build, but just to clarify, are you looking for:

100.0 / VWAP

so the result is the Book% of the selection based on its Volume Weighted Average Price rather than its current price?
jimibt

Bet Angel wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 2:05 pm
jimibt wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 9:27 am
only final request is to add another SV of VWAP factored out to a closed system of 100% per selection ;)
That'll probably have to wait until the next major version unless we need to issue another bug fix build, but just to clarify, are you looking for:

100.0 / VWAP

so the result is the Book% of the selection based on its Volume Weighted Average Price rather than its current price?
100% correct... the end game being that all measures are in the same base unit (i.e. factored out to 100%).. means you can party on vwap% crossing back/lay book% etc
RonObvious

This is probably a stupid question but here goes anyway.

Can somebody explain to me the difference between book % of a selection & vol% of a selection?
The vol% of a selection I get as I can see it on the ladder but I don't really uderstand the book% of a selection, probably because I dont see a visual representation of it anywhere.

mcgoo wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 10:51 am
You had me at Volume% :D .Great changes.Waay too excited.Thanks BA team!
Why is this so exciting McGoo?

Thanks
Dallas

RonObvious wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 4:59 pm
This is probably a stupid question but here goes anyway.

Can somebody explain to me the difference between book % of a selection & vol% of a selection?
The vol% of a selection I get as I can see it on the ladder but I don't really uderstand the book% of a selection, probably because I dont see a visual representation of it anywhere.

Thanks
The book% of a selection is another way of saying implied probability (IP%)
ie, if it was priced at 2.50 its book % or implied probability would be 40% so it has a 40% chance of winning

All the selections IP% also make up the market book %
RonObvious

Dallas wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 5:19 pm
ie, if it was priced at 2.50 its book % or implied probability would be 40% so it has a 40% chance of winning

Ah ok thanks Dallas.

And last question can stored values be used to track changes in book % over regular time intervals?
Dallas

RonObvious wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 5:31 pm
Dallas wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 5:19 pm

Ah ok thanks Dallas.

And last question can stored values be used to track changes in book % over regular time intervals?
Yes you can test to see if its changed or store a new value after anytime
RonObvious

Dallas wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 8:00 pm
Yes you can test to see if its changed or store a new value after anytime
Nice one!

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”