Edit: 9th Oct, now on general release and available on the download page
The user guide has also been updated and is available at the following link: https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/v1_ ... rview.html
*** Update Info : Extra features of this .1 release: ***
1) Following a lot of requests, an Estimated Position In Queue column has been added to the Ladder. It is switched off by default, but can be activated via the Columns page of the Ladder Settings. Extra options such as colouring the background, displaying in the Traded Volume and/or Odds column can be found on the Unmatched Bets settings page. Although this value is only an estimate, we have worked hard to make it as comprehensive as possible and it'll handle multiple bets being stacked up at the same price (the queue value relates to the amount of money estimated to be in front of the first bet until that is filled, then the value for the next bet is displayed etc). It'll also handle bet price modification and aim to detect virtual bets in the market due to the cross matching algorithm.
2) A 'skip price gaps' option has been added to the one-click's custom column configuration. So when asking for the current best lay price + 1 tick with skip price gaps ticked, the column will now display the second best lay price. For the fourth 'best' price you'd use the best lay price + 3 ticks skipping price gaps. Works best when full market depth is refreshing at a high rate or exchange streaming is on.
3) The keyboard shortcut options for updating the one-click stake and the ladder's 'standard' stake have been enhanced to allow the stakes to be set to a percentage of the Net Stake at the time the shortcut was pressed. (Use a percentage of 100% if you want it set to the entire net stake at that time).
4) Ability to Export the currently selected saved Settings profile and saved Layout profile to a data file. This is found in the menu at the top of the main Bet Angel screen; there's also an Import option to bring a profile into Bet Angel from a data file. This will be useful when transferring profiles between PCs or submitting a profile to support for problem investigation.
5) Various bug fixes. Nothing major, just a few issues with ladder settings not applying correctly, and descriptions of the ladder presets missing.
We also partly recreated the chart settings save/load issue that was raised in this thread and hope our fix fully resolves the issue.
*** End of update ***
Following many requests and suggestions from our customers on the forum and via support, we have been busy making the ladder more customisable than ever. The ladder now has more than a hundred settings and has its own dedicated editor allowing each design to be given a name and applied at the touch of a button. The ladder settings editor can be accessed by clicking the spanner icon on the ladder toolbar or by clicking the button on the Ladder page of Bet Angel Settings.
Another significant enhancement in v1.51 is that multiple One-click windows can be launched at the same time each pointing at a different market (each with its own unmatched bets management area).
We have also added Alerts to the Watch Lists, to allow Servants or Guardian Automation to draw your attention to significant events.
For more details on these and all the other enhancements of V1.51 please see below.
V1.51 includes the following changes & features:
Fully Customisable Ladder Settings
The toolbar on each ladder screen now has a picklist of saved Ladder Settings profiles to allow you to easily switch from one ladder design to another. Bet Angel is supplied with eight example designs, but the new ladder settings editor allows you to create your own named designs which will be added to the picklist. Ladder profiles can also be chosen via keyboard shortcuts so it’s very quick to completely reconfigure the display.
With this new flexibility you can have multiple designs active at once, so could have one ladder screen configured for in-play tennis running alongside another that is setup for horse racing.
- Named ladder settings profiles are shared across (and disconnected from) the Bet Angel Settings profiles avoiding the need for ongoing ladder reconfiguration when working with multiple Bet Angel Settings profiles.
- Ability to embed Betfair and/or Advanced charts into each selection’s ladder
- Configurable Double/Single left & right mouse click actions for cancelling unmatched bets.
- Ability to rearrange columns or hide them completely to save space
- Unmatched bets can now be merged into a single column and/or displayed on the ‘Odds’ column if required
- A background colour can be applied to unmatched bets to help distinguish back from lay bets.
- A new Additional Information area can be displayed on each ladder. This is fully configurable with regard to font/colour/size/position and can display Stored Values and certain presets such as trainer and jockey names.
- The vertical position of each area creating the ladder can be changed (e.g. header, ladder columns, footer, charts, staking etc)
- Each ladder window can choose a different named ladder setting, as required
- Place & manage bets on multiple markets at once by launching new one-click screens from anywhere your able to select a market.
e.g. from a market selection window, from Guardian, from any Watch List etc. by right-clicking on a market and selecting ‘Display market in a New One-Click window’
Note: Using the same approach as spawned Ladder windows, the one-click window that you have in focus will be refreshed at full speed using the main Bet Angel trading screen's chosen refresh rate, other one-click windows will then revert to the background refresh rate which is adjustable via the communications tab within your main settings editor.
- Extra items have been added to the Custom Columns’ additional info option, such as number of selections and runner’s form.
Bet Angel Settings
- On the Display page, you can now configure the colours used for back & lay prices throughout Bet Angel and also the colours used for Profit & Loss.
- The Ladder settings have been moved into their own editor so that the 100+ configuration items of the ladder can be saved under their own named profiles. A launch button for the editor remains on the Ladder page of the main settings window to aid transition to the use of the ladder settings editor.
- The Charts page of the Bet Angel Settings now has additional options to hide/show horizontal & vertical grid lines on the market overview chart.
- Enhancements to the Set a Stored Value feature :
- A Stored Value can now hold the VWAP of a selection and a book% for the selection calculated using its VWAP.
- The adjustment picklist now includes multiply and divide options.
- The ‘Matched bets amount condition’ can now compare against the ‘servant context stakes’ - the back & lay stakes used when starting the servant.
- The Alert rule type has been enhanced to allow alerts to be displayed in a column on the Watch Lists. The specifics of the alert being configured with the parameters tab.
- The alert message can be configured to display against a specific selection or in the header of the market. The alert can flash and/or auto-clear after a set period if required. You also have control over the colours used, can timestamp the message, and add a tooltip. There are also options to have the watchlist auto scroll to the market/selection which triggered the alert (useful if you have dozens of markets in a watchlist) and display itself if it’s currently minimised to your windows taskbar.
- As explained above, Watch lists can now display Alerts. The display menu on the watch list will allow you to show/hide the ‘Alerts’ column and this choice will be saved with your settings profile.
- Although alerts can be configured to auto-clear, they can also be cleared manually by right clicking in the Alert column of the Watch list.
- A new option allows both the left & right y-axis to be hidden – use this if you want a clean chart display to visualise direction of movement but aren’t worried about specific prices.
- The ability to hide any of the defined charts from the charts pick list has been added. Useful if some of your charts are seasonal or specific to certain sports and you want to simplify the pick list. This can also be used to hide Bet Angel’s default chart design if you don’t want to use them.
- Any saved One-click layout, Custom column profile, or Ladder Settings profile can be assigned to a shortcut key – making it very quick to change screen designs at the press of a button
- New actions in the ‘Market Navigation’ category can be used to display a market in new One-click / Ladder windows (or on the main One-click / Ladder screen) with a shortcut key. This applies to all lists of markets in Bet Angel (e.g Market Selection tabs, Guardian, Watch Lists); just hover the mouse over a market and press the shortcut key.
- New bet cancellation shortcuts have been added to cancel just the most recent bet or just the oldest bet at a price on the ladder.
We have been testing this version over the last few weeks and have not uncovered any bugs for some time so have decided to release it to the forum ahead of its formal release. As with all betas, please gain confidence with the version before using full stakes. If you do spot any issues, please post them to this thread.