UPDATED: New beta version of Bet Angel v1.51.1 - Now on general release

mcfc1981

Bet Angel wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 5:01 pm
mcfc1981 wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 4:58 pm
Can I make a suggestion for future releases?
I would like an option if possible of when cancelling all lay bets or back bets for it not to cancel all my lays or backs just certain bets if that makes any sense.
Are you talking about manual or automated trading? How would you specify which bets to cancel?
Talking manual.......not sure how I would specify maybe have a tick box next to the odds/bet u want to keep or be able to highlight the bet?
wearthefoxhat

While your adding things to the list... ;)

There's software out there that shows PIQ (Price in Queue). I may be wrong, but this info is priceless as you can see your position and how quickly or slowly your order is moving.

Example:
PIQ.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 6:44 pm
While your adding things to the list... ;)

There's software out there that shows PIQ (Price in Queue). I may be wrong, but this info is priceless as you can see your position and how quickly or slowly your order is moving.

Example:

PIQ.PNG
There are a few comments in this thread about PIQ
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=14465
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We need to be careful to keep this thread on topic about this current beta and any issues found during its usage.
I’m pretty sure there’s a thread about PIQ in the suggestions area, so you can add your +1 vote to that. We have looked into it in the past, but never found any value in the indicator due the corrupting effects of cross matching and the large quantity of bets that are cancelled around the touch prices. However if there’s significant demand for a feature, and people find it beneficial to their trading, then we’ll take note.
Tuco

Just updated to v1.51.0 so will take a bit of time to see all of the updates.

Excellent news that you have incorporated the one-click screen spawned windows - very useful feature - depending on the market I use either ladder or one-click screens so it is most useful to have this spawning one-click screen option especially when there are multiple market selections.

...just wish you could have also added the very easy to do:

One-click back ( 4th best price )
One-click back ( 5th best price )
One-click back ( 6th best price )
One-click back ( 7th best price )
One-click back ( 8th best price )
One-click back ( 9th best price )

and

One-click lay ( 4th best price )
One-click lay ( 5th best price )
One-click lay ( 6th best price )
One-click lay ( 7th best price )
One-click lay ( 8th best price )
One-click lay ( 9th best price )

options to the grid columns choice at the same time - would take about 10 minutes to do as the templates are already there wirth the best price, 2nd best price and 3rd best price - fingers crossed next time when the next update is done.

I'll report back on this update further.

Meanwhile, please keep up the good work - technology and evolution is one of our strengths :)
MemphisFlash

you can already do that by creating custom columns yourself
Tuco

I can create a '6th best price' custom column for a non-fixed number of ticks offset from the best price? If so, please do advise memphis - thanking you in advance :)

I already have templates that use 9 columns on both sides but after the best price, 2nd best price and 3rd best price the rest are a fixed number of ticks offset, but that is very different from having 4th,5th,6th,7th,8th,9th best price.

Very easy to create custom columns for a fixed number of ticks offset from the best price, (I already use 5,10,15,20,25,50 fixed offset ticks) but that's not what I'm asking for as not every tick has money available in it - there can be a big spread in many of the markets I play between money, so the easiest way would be to have those options as simple choice in the column editor in addition to the current best price 2nd best price and 3rd best price.

Imagine there is money on a selection on the lay side at 10.0, 13.5, 14.5 then 19.5 - if you have best price, 2nd best price and 3rd best price columns the first three will show. However the 19.5 will only show if you happen to have a column of exactly 19 ticks offset from the best price - if you had a 20 tick offset column the money would not show, however if you had a '4th best price' the money would show in that column whether those 4th best odds were 19.5 or 55.

If you know how I could create custom columns that shows the '4th best price', the '5th best price' and so on, please do advise memphis - thanking you in advance :)

PS, if you've ever played any of the cricket markets, there are some markets with tick sizes .01 through the entire 1.01-1000 range, meaning there are literally one hundred thousand different ticks and it can be very hard to know where the money is hiding without seriously time-wasting manual searching (when you should be focusing on the action)

The best 9 prices could be at 1.42, 2.77, 3.17, 7.68, 19.66, 23.22, 26.99, 27.01 and 27.02.

see https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/c ... .147607741 as an example - 18 selections each with 100,000 different ticks available from 1.01 through 1000 ALL in .01 increments!
Dabbla

Thanks for the updates.
I found a bug in the trading screen background colour .The error happened when using the grey slider bar under the big colour box.
BA ERROR.PNG

I like what you have done with alerts going to the watch list, but when it comes to screen space ,its a bit out of the way. Any chance it could be optional to have the on the left or lose the big black box ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
MemphisFlash

i had that same error. caused Bet Angel to shut down.
mcgoo

Looks like great update. Thanks BA team. While we are suggesting things.. any chance this release can include (automation )tracking amounts available to back or lay ?as per other threads discussing this....amount offered at back and/or lay price 1,2 and/or 3 is < or > x amount? thanks again
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Dabbla wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:23 pm
I found a bug in the trading screen background colour .The error happened when using the grey slider bar under the big colour box.
Ah that makes sense..... the grey slider bar controls colour transparency and Windows doesn't like that being applied to the background area. We'll trap that to stop it throwing an exception.
Dabbla wrote:
I like what you have done with alerts going to the watch list, but when it comes to screen space ,its a bit out of the way. Any chance it could be optional to have the on the left or lose the big black box ?
The 'big black box' on the watch list is the tennis scores area. That can be turned off when not being used by using the Display menu options. As the alerts support tooltips, different colours and auto-scroll, the idea with it being on the far right was that if screen space was tight, you could size the watch list window to just show a fraction of the alert message; use the colours as an initial flag and use the tooltip to contain full detail.
Jukebox

Keep up the good work.

I was expressing frustration the other day to a friend that I could store a value and and adjust it for later comparison to a current value but couldn''t store a value and compare it to an adjusted current value which meant I had a heap of adjusted stored values. Now thats fixed.

Now if you can just get to work on developing a Bet Angel 'Savant' feature.....
Tuco

MemphisFlash wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:21 pm
you can already do that by creating custom columns yourself
...so how do you do this Memphis? Dallas also said it was possible to do he same but when asked never replied.

Easy to create columns that are a fixed number of ticks offset from the best price but that is very different from 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th best price.

On 4 different selections, the 5th best price could be 6 ticks offset from the best price on the first selection, 8 ticks offset from the best price on the second selection, 9 ticks offset from the best price on the 3rd selection and 12 ticks offset from the best price on the fourth selection - how do you create a single column to catch all of those 5th best prices?

Unless mistaken, the easiest way is to select pre-created options from the column editor - it already has the excellent best price, 2nd best price and 3rd best price - please can we have the additional coulmn options - should be very easy to add as the other three have already been created.

Thanks in advance Memphis and/or Dallas :)
Last edited by Tuco on Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Tuco wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:03 am
should be very easy to add as the other three have already been created.
The three 'best' prices are returned directly from betfair. To create a fourth or more Bet Angel would have to scan down the full market depth looking for gaps and deriving the next 'best'. I think the best solution would be to allow the custom column configuration to 'skip price gaps' when counting ticks above and below the best price. It's not a ten minute job though, so something for another version.
Dabbla

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:20 am
Dabbla wrote:
Ah that makes sense..... the grey slider bar controls colour transparency and Windows doesn't like that being applied to the background area. We'll trap that to stop it throwing an exception.
Dabbla wrote:
The 'big black box' on the watch list is the tennis scores area. That can be turned off when not being used by using the Display menu options. As the alerts support tooltips, different colours and auto-scroll, the idea with it being on the far right was that if screen space was tight, you could size the watch list window to just show a fraction of the alert message; use the colours as an initial flag and use the tooltip to contain full detail.
I’ve sorted it now cheers.
Its slightly bugged, It was unticked in display but was still showing on the watch list.
I just clicked on them ,then unclicked and they went.
Last edited by Dabbla on Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”