UPDATED: New beta version of Bet Angel v1.51.1 - Now on general release

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Dabbla wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:23 pm
I found a bug in the trading screen background colour .The error happened when using the grey slider bar under the big colour box.
Ah that makes sense..... the grey slider bar controls colour transparency and Windows doesn't like that being applied to the background area. We'll trap that to stop it throwing an exception.
Dabbla wrote:
I like what you have done with alerts going to the watch list, but when it comes to screen space ,its a bit out of the way. Any chance it could be optional to have the on the left or lose the big black box ?
The 'big black box' on the watch list is the tennis scores area. That can be turned off when not being used by using the Display menu options. As the alerts support tooltips, different colours and auto-scroll, the idea with it being on the far right was that if screen space was tight, you could size the watch list window to just show a fraction of the alert message; use the colours as an initial flag and use the tooltip to contain full detail.
Jukebox

Keep up the good work.

I was expressing frustration the other day to a friend that I could store a value and and adjust it for later comparison to a current value but couldn''t store a value and compare it to an adjusted current value which meant I had a heap of adjusted stored values. Now thats fixed.

Now if you can just get to work on developing a Bet Angel 'Savant' feature.....
Tuco

MemphisFlash wrote:
Tue Sep 04, 2018 8:21 pm
you can already do that by creating custom columns yourself
...so how do you do this Memphis? Dallas also said it was possible to do he same but when asked never replied.

Easy to create columns that are a fixed number of ticks offset from the best price but that is very different from 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th and 9th best price.

On 4 different selections, the 5th best price could be 6 ticks offset from the best price on the first selection, 8 ticks offset from the best price on the second selection, 9 ticks offset from the best price on the 3rd selection and 12 ticks offset from the best price on the fourth selection - how do you create a single column to catch all of those 5th best prices?

Unless mistaken, the easiest way is to select pre-created options from the column editor - it already has the excellent best price, 2nd best price and 3rd best price - please can we have the additional coulmn options - should be very easy to add as the other three have already been created.

Thanks in advance Memphis and/or Dallas :)
Last edited by Tuco on Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Tuco wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:03 am
should be very easy to add as the other three have already been created.
The three 'best' prices are returned directly from betfair. To create a fourth or more Bet Angel would have to scan down the full market depth looking for gaps and deriving the next 'best'. I think the best solution would be to allow the custom column configuration to 'skip price gaps' when counting ticks above and below the best price. It's not a ten minute job though, so something for another version.
Dabbla

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:20 am
Dabbla wrote:
I found a bug in the trading screen background colour .The error happened when using the grey slider bar under the big colour box.
Ah that makes sense..... the grey slider bar controls colour transparency and Windows doesn't like that being applied to the background area. We'll trap that to stop it throwing an exception.
Dabbla wrote:
I like what you have done with alerts going to the watch list, but when it comes to screen space ,its a bit out of the way. Any chance it could be optional to have the on the left or lose the big black box ?
The 'big black box' on the watch list is the tennis scores area. That can be turned off when not being used by using the Display menu options. As the alerts support tooltips, different colours and auto-scroll, the idea with it being on the far right was that if screen space was tight, you could size the watch list window to just show a fraction of the alert message; use the colours as an initial flag and use the tooltip to contain full detail.
I’ve sorted it now cheers.
Its slightly bugged, It was unticked in display but was still showing on the watch list.
I just clicked on them ,then unclicked and they went.
Last edited by Dabbla on Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tuco

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:17 am
The three 'best' prices are returned directly from betfair. To create a fourth or more Bet Angel would have to scan down the full market depth looking for gaps and deriving the next 'best'. I think the best solution would be to allow the custom column configuration to 'skip price gaps' when counting ticks above and below the best price. It's not a ten minute job though, so something for another version.
Thank you for explaining this BA, much obliged - it would be a very useful to have - I use the one-click screen in-play on events where the outcome of a selection is determined in a split-second ie horse racing faller, tennis retirement etc...

[It would be easier if I had £10m in my BF bank as I could then simply lay £10,000 @ 1,000 but unfortunately I do not]
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Dabbla wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:36 am
Its slightly bugged, It was unticked in display but was still showing on the watch list.
I just clicked on them ,then unclicked and they went.
We've recreated that, although the choice of whether the tennis scores are visible or not is correctly being saved/loaded, the ticks against the menu items are not being updated. Well spotted - that must have been like that for over a year in the live code!

We'll get that fixed.
Tuco

There is currently an issue with the US Open 2018 Womens Tennis Tournament Winner.

Bet Angel says the market is suspended (which it is not) and is still showing 109 players, though 103 have already lost and have been removed from the Betfair Screen.

Tennis >> US Open 2018 >> Womens Tournament >> Winner
https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/t ... .134108853
Dallas

Tuco wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 12:36 pm
There is currently an issue with the US Open 2018 Womens Tennis Tournament Winner.

Bet Angel says the market is suspended (which it is not) and is still showing 109 players, though 103 have already lost and have been removed from the Betfair Screen.

Tennis >> US Open 2018 >> Womens Tournament >> Winner
https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/t ... .134108853
That's just a Betfair streaming issue, revert back to polling and its OK

Probably best to post these to the Betfair down thread
viewtopic.php?f=55&t=1162&start=3270
MemphisFlash

in the taskbar the icon is now a Green G for guardian.

can it be swapped back to the Blue B for bet angel.
taskbar.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

MemphisFlash wrote:
Wed Sep 05, 2018 2:19 pm
in the taskbar the icon is now a Green G for guardian.

can it be swapped back to the Blue B for bet angel.
taskbar.PNG
That's nothing we've specified in the code - looks like Windows freaking out. Have you got Bet Angel pinned to the taskbar? Might be worth unpinning and re-pinning to taskbar (right mouse click options on the icon in Windows).
MemphisFlash

now its got a completely different icon at the end
tbar2.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Tuco

...just as before the update, mine is still blue Memphis.

[After installing updates, I always need to delete the BA icon in the taskbar and then create a new one by right clicking either the desktop shortcut (which I then delete) or from the Windows 10 start menu.]
STARBUCK62

Absolutely brilliant I have to say.
Korattt

finding a few of these new features dead useful.. superb stuff, would we be able to have a feature where it would auto switch to the next market as soon as the previous one has gone in play?, only really useful on Horse Racing markets me thinks?

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”