UPDATED: New beta version of Bet Angel v1.51.1 - Now on general release

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

jupiter_man wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:41 am
After I updated it to V1.51 then my guardian setting does not save, I have to manually change the refresh interval / restrict refresh etc every time I use it.
We've had a quick look at this and so far haven't been able to recreate the issue, so wonder if there is some other setting that is conflicting and preventing the Guardian setting from saving.
Could you try opening Bet Angel with <factory default> settings on the login screen and then only change the Guardian settings that are causing you problems (e.g. restricted refresh) and then save. Change the settings to different values and then save again under a different name. Then see if you experience the same issues when switching from one setting to another.

By the way, when you initially saw the problem, were you starting with a setting profile that had been created with a previous version of Bet Angel? That is fully supported and should work without issue, but just trying to narrow the scenario to help us recreate.
gsa

I am testing the Beta Version on my laptop. Just had the problem twice, that BetAngel stopped working, when I tried to import a rule file in the automation. Never had this problem before on the laptop or any other PC (with older versions of BetAngel). Might still be a local problem only, but I wanted to report it anyway....

Georg
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

gsa wrote:
Tue Sep 18, 2018 3:13 pm
Might still be a local problem only, but I wanted to report it anyway....
Thanks - was it an Automation file that you downloaded from this forum or something that you've created yourself on another PC? If you send it to us in a support ticket, we'll try to recreate.
Were you using the Import menu item in Guardian's header or the one in the Servant Manager menu?
Korattt

I keep having to change my advanced chart settings back to my desired settings every time I log in?, old settings are stored ok but since new update I'm unable to set up a new screen profile & store it.. & it seems to be just the advanced chart settings?, it must be something I'm doing wrong.. any clues?

my desired settings

Advanced Chart Settings.png

"default" settings every time I log in post update?

Advanced Chart Settings pre.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dabbla

Korattt wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:38 am
I keep having to change my advanced chart settings back to my desired settings every time I log in?, old settings are stored ok but since new update I'm unable to set up a new screen profile & store it.. & it seems to be just the advanced chart settings?, it must be something I'm doing wrong.. any clues?
Are you saving them as settings or view ? Charts settings should be saved as settings(top of the main screen).

You said " I'm unable to set up a new screen profile & store it"
You dont want to save it as a screen profile.
Korattt

still no joy

settings.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
annuity

Bet Angel wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 8:45 pm
jupiter_man wrote:
Sun Sep 16, 2018 11:41 am
After I updated it to V1.51 then my guardian setting does not save, I have to manually change the refresh interval / restrict refresh etc every time I use it.
We've had a quick look at this and so far haven't been able to recreate the issue, so wonder if there is some other setting that is conflicting and preventing the Guardian setting from saving.
Could you try opening Bet Angel with <factory default> settings on the login screen and then only change the Guardian settings that are causing you problems (e.g. restricted refresh) and then save. Change the settings to different values and then save again under a different name. Then see if you experience the same issues when switching from one setting to another.

By the way, when you initially saw the problem, were you starting with a setting profile that had been created with a previous version of Bet Angel? That is fully supported and should work without issue, but just trying to narrow the scenario to help us recreate.
I'm having the same issue with Guardian but for me the issue also entends to the ladder preset stakes not saving either.

It's strange because i'm pretty sure everything was ok when i first updated. I am using a setting profile from a previous version of Bet Angel. I had the same thought to start again from scratch and see if that solved the issue so I'll do as suggested and run a test from factory default and report back.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Korattt wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:05 pm
still no joy
Are you loading the saved settings profile from the login screen or by clicking the picklist at the top of Bet Angel once started?

Are you also loading a Screen Layout? Again is that selected on the login screen or from the picklist in Bet Angel after login?

In both case, were the profiles saved with version 1.51 or are you using a profile saved with another version?

If you are selecting the profiles AFTER login, which do you select first, the layout or the settings?
Korattt

I’m on v1.51.0, I’ve adjusted some settings from previous version & stored new settings on v1.51.0
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Korattt wrote:
Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:48 pm
I’m on v1.51.0, I’ve adjusted some settings from previous version & stored new settings on v1.51.0
What about the screen layout? We really need an answer to each question in turn to have a chance to recreate it.

Also, try creating the settings from scratch ( <factory default> ), so that we know whether there's something in those previous settings that is clashing.

If you want, zip up the contents of 'C:\Users\<YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Bet Angel\Bet Angel Professional' on your PC and send it to us in a support ticket. We'll then be able to recreate your environment in Test.
Korattt

deleted all previous settings & stored current ones, when I log off later I’ll log back in & keep you posted, thank you guys
Korattt

I've adjusted a few things regards chart placement (the layout itself) & postioning them on the screen & have stored, however the desired chart settings with regards Advanced Chart Settings themselves haven't?

Just this morning I logged in as "Factory Default", then changed settings to my desired settings I stored last night before logging out, everything is ok aparts from my custom sound alerts & the Advanced Chart Settings

log in as factory default>change screen layout>change settings (after changing them to my settings last night before logging off) - with custom sound alerts lost as mentioned

settings before.png

my desired settings

settings after.png

just stored again, logged out, logged in with my desired settings (not factory default) & still getting same result, custom sound alerts lost & chart settings as *
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Hmm.... we've just done the same and it's still working fine. Very odd.

The chart window positions are saved when you 'Save Screen Layout' profile and the choices in the picklists of those windows are saved when you 'Save Settings' profile. So please confirm that you used 'Save Settings' AFTER configuring those four chart windows?
Korattt wrote:
Fri Sep 21, 2018 7:20 am
with custom sound alerts lost as mentioned
That again would be in the Settings profile rather than the layout - try saving the chart settings again from factory defaults but this time don't change the sound alerts (as perhaps there's something in the sound alerts changes that is corrupting the data file).

Either way, can you zip up the contents of 'C:\Users\<YOUR_WINDOWS_USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\Bet Angel\Bet Angel Professional' on that PC and send it to support because we'll be able to debug the data files in our Test environment.
iDooze

I've had a few issues with with V1.51 and Guardian so I ended up reverting back to V1.50.

I loaded in various automation files in practice (and live mode) but they don't seem to trigger at all (these are bets that should be firing regularly).

My refresh rate and everything is as I have been using in V1.50 (unchanged) and I have been using these automation files for weeks / months on V1.50 and earlier versions of BA.

Love the new ladder update, however for me at the cost of Guardian not working I had to revert back.

Not sure if this is an isolated issue but wanted to raise this with the BA team if they wanted to look into it.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

iDooze wrote:
Tue Sep 25, 2018 3:49 am
Not sure if this is an isolated issue but wanted to raise this with the BA team if they wanted to look into it.
Sounds like an isolated issue because we've got loads of people using the beta now and no similar reports. If you export one of the Automation files and send it in a ticket to support, we'll take a look.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”