New beta version of Bet Angel v1.52.0 - Now on general release

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

MemphisFlash wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:47 pm
still not working. it was ok before the new beta.
As Dallas asked, are you able to view betangel.com using Internet Explorer on the PC? (Not Microsoft Edge)

If you are running firewall software, then perhaps that hasn’t fully opened for the new build, so you could try turning the firewall off to see if it makes any difference.
MemphisFlash

there is no such thing as internet explorer these days. it was replaced by Microsoft edge
I do not understand why you messed with it. it was fine until I downloaded the new beta
now it is rubbish. why mess with it, just fix it
BetScalper

MemphisFlash wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:51 am
there is no such thing as internet explorer these days. it was replaced by Microsoft edge
I do not understand why you messed with it. it was fine until I downloaded the new beta
Not true. Internet Explorer still comes as part of Windows 10. It’s just hidden/disabled.

You can switch it back on via Windows Programs.
jimibt

MemphisFlash wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 5:51 am
whao - i mean whoa!! probably the LAST bit of code to be touched or changed would be the silly little webbrowser integration control that got popped in on a wet wednesday afternoon about 10 years ago...

still whao!! [just *chill it] :D
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

That's right, that browser code hasn't been touched for ages. The .NET wrappers for controls like that will get regenerated as part of the build, so I guess it's possible to have a bad build, but you'd normally gets loads of people reporting the same issue.

We patched the build yesterday to fix that Lottery/Surfing exception that Dabbla found and the Automation condition description bug that BetScalper found. Both very minor so it's just gone in as a patch to the current version. We were just about to announce it yesterday when betfair had all those market tree issues, so we thought we'd wait a bit!

Anyway it's there to re-download if customers want to eliminate those bugs.

MemphisFlash - you could try downloading it too to see if the updated wrappers help your browser issue. If not, uninstall back to v1.51.2 to check that still works, test browsing with Internet Explorer (if you can convince Windows 10 to reveal it), and then try again with v1.52.0
MemphisFlash

its back. Yay!
49ers

Hi there,

I just wondered if it's possible to filter coupons based on odds. For example to only display football matches where:

Match Odds for a draw between 3.5 and 4.0 AND
U2.5 goals < 2.0

These markets would then only be displayed for games where all criteria is met?

This would save loads of time going through the cards looking multiple pre-game selecting criteria.

Thanks
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

49ers wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:39 pm
I just wondered if it's possible to filter coupons based on odds. For example to only display football matches where:

U2.5 goals < 2.0
The bulk market data that can be retrieved from betfair doesn't contain current odds, so that test could not be performed against all soccer markets en masse (and betfair wouldn't appreciate us downloading market prices for every single soccer market just in case).

Your best approach would be to filter the markets by volume at the event level to exclude the markets that'll have little interest in them and therefore not good for trading. Also filter by time, to limit the total number of markets.

You could then add those markets to Guardian and use a collection of Bet Angel's features to highlight the matches you're looking for.

To highlight them:
Create an Automation rule for the Match Odds markets and another for the U2.5 goals markets (using a keystroke to apply the appropriate rules based on market types). Those rules could test the odds and create a Stored Value at the event level when the odds meets your criteria. So you get a 'GOOD_MATCH_ODDS' stored value set by the Match Odds rule and a 'GOOD_OU' stored value set by the OU2.5 market. You could then set an Alert based on whether both stored values have been set for an event and use the Watch List to show the Alert against the market's you'd consider suitable to trade.

Once those rules have been created and the keystroke configured, you'd be able to find markets of interest very quickly at the start of each session.
BetScalper

Any reason why my bets are not shown in guardian. Should be 14 matched bets ?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

No - that's odd. Haven't seen that before. Do they appear if you toggle 'Average Odds' on and off, or select a different market in Guardian and go back again?
BetScalper

Bet Angel wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 10:19 pm
No - that's odd. Haven't seen that before. Do they appear if you toggle 'Average Odds' on and off, or select a different market in Guardian and go back again?
No they don't appear whatever you do.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Ok we’ll see if we can repeat what you’ve seen.
Dabbla

I’ve been playing with the coupons and a couple of things don’t seem correct.
I cant find relegation markets in the football markets type.
I want a coupon for US Sport, but selecting Basketball, ice hockey, ect , then selecting ,filter by country> US, Nothing appears.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

The Soccer Relegation markets aren’t tagged very well by betfair. They tag them with the market type ‘UNDIFFERENTIATED’! So your best option is to use a text filter and use the word ‘relegation’.

Also with the country code, they don’t always tag the markets with the correct code. For instance NBA basketball has a blank country code so you need to choose ‘unspecified’ as the country.

This is some of the reason we support the aggregation of multiple Filter Sets, you may have to define a filter set specific to each of your US sports (handling betfair’s occasional tagging quirks) and build them into a market filter that offers everything you need.

I wouldn’t be surprised if a forum thread builds over time highlighting the tricks required to find a certain set of markets. Perhaps that could then be flagged to betfair for them to improve the market tagging!!
49ers

Bet Angel wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 8:27 pm
49ers wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 1:39 pm

U2.5 goals < 2.0
The bulk market data that can be retrieved from betfair doesn't contain current odds, so that test could not be performed against all soccer markets en masse (and betfair wouldn't appreciate us downloading market prices for every single soccer market just in case).

Your best approach would be to filter the markets by volume at the event level to exclude the markets that'll have little interest in them and therefore not good for trading. Also filter by time, to limit the total number of markets.

You could then add those markets to Guardian and use a collection of Bet Angel's features to highlight the matches you're looking for.

To highlight them:
Create an Automation rule for the Match Odds markets and another for the U2.5 goals markets (using a keystroke to apply the appropriate rules based on market types). Those rules could test the odds and create a Stored Value at the event level when the odds meets your criteria. So you get a 'GOOD_MATCH_ODDS' stored value set by the Match Odds rule and a 'GOOD_OU' stored value set by the OU2.5 market. You could then set an Alert based on whether both stored values have been set for an event and use the Watch List to show the Alert against the market's you'd consider suitable to trade.

Once those rules have been created and the keystroke configured, you'd be able to find markets of interest very quickly at the start of each session.
Great tips - much appriciated! I'll have a stab at this - Thanks

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”