New beta version of Bet Angel v1.52.0 - Now on general release

Dabbla

Thanks
A quick question, Are the (add and apply) options at the bottom of the coupon supposed to be saveable?

These ones,
coupset.PNG
I keep catching myself out and deleting my saved list.
Don’t clear seems like a better default option if they don’t save.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Dabbla wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:56 pm
A quick question, Are the (add and apply) options at the bottom of the coupon supposed to be saveable?
Yes they are, but you have to tell the Settings profile that you want it to save/update them:

settings.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
eightbo

Given dropdown 2. is conditional of 1. doesn't it make sense to show only the relevant 3 depending on if Back or Lay is selected initially?
Currently the user can select conflicting options.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

eightbo wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:05 pm
Given dropdown 2. is conditional of 1. doesn't it make sense to show only the relevant 3 depending on if Back or Lay is selected initially?
Currently the user can select conflicting options.
You can select different selections for 1 & 2 if you wish, so for instance you can test the money available to back on the 'current selection' at the best price (back or lay) of the Servant Context selection. Not saying that'd be a common choice, but rather than limit the options available we just kept the picklist open for users to try whichever combination they required.

I agree that for your particular setup of both 1 & 2 using the same Selection that some of the options of 2 would guarantee a £0.00 result, but seeing as the selection to be used for 2 is chosen after the price to be used, the options cannot be removed in advance. And we can't ask for the selection for 2 before the Price choice because they might chose the option that the price is entered directly (and therefore doesn't require an additional selection to be chosen). The joys of a flexible UI design!
Wolf1877

I've been getting a few cases of offset bets with greening in manual trading failing to trigger offset bets at the correct offset in the beta.
A few offset lay bets have triggered back bets at 1000 and back bets bets have triggered lay bets at 1.01.
I've uninstalled and reverted to the old version (1.51v2) for now.
sa7med

Wolf1877 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:26 pm
I've been getting a few cases of offset bets with greening in manual trading failing to trigger offset bets at the correct offset in the beta.
A few offset lay bets have triggered back bets at 1000 and back bets bets have triggered lay bets at 1.01.
may have something to do with betfair incorrectly figuring the balance (see betfair down thread)
Dallas

sa7med wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:30 pm
Wolf1877 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:26 pm
may have something to do with betfair incorrectly figuring the balance (see betfair down thread)
and that will happen with bets below the £2 BF minimum stake too, its nothing to do with what version your using
Wolf1877

OK cheers guys. I will keep an eye on it.
sa7med

Still unable to get the VPS version of this to install. I think the installation file may be corrupt. I double click it and nothing happens, whereas the version downloaded from the download page of the site works fine.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

sa7med wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:26 am
Still unable to get the VPS version of this to install. I think the installation file may be corrupt. I double click it and nothing happens, whereas the version downloaded from the download page of the site works fine.
We just tested the VPS download link (from the first post) and it downloads and installs without problem. Perhaps download it to your local PC and copy the file to the VPS via Remote Desktop - as long as you give Remote Desktop permission to use the Windows clipboard, you can just copy and paste the installation file between local PC and a VPS.

If that still doesn't work, then contact support with your Bet Angel VPS details and we'll have a look at it.
Euler

sa7med wrote:
You may need to unblock the application before you can install it. To do this you need to right click the downloaded file, select properties and then select unblock.
sa7med

Euler wrote:
Fri Apr 26, 2019 3:06 pm
sa7med wrote:
You may need to unblock the application before you can install it. To do this you need to right click the downloaded file, select properties and then select unblock.
Gotchya, works now. Thanks
firlandsfarm

sa7med wrote:
I had this problem and Euler explained I needed to "unblock" the software … right click on the file and select "unblock" and follow the process. It worked for me :) I suspect that as a VPS lives within the Internet they are set up to be more cautious than a PC.
billyboyrifle

Great stuff. Seem to have the old problem again though when saving a BAF File when its in use. I will re-trigger bets etc.
Tuco

I'm always busy trading over the weekends so haven't installed v1.52.0 yet.

At the month end I create a clone of my hard drives, so I'll now wait until I've done this before installing this new version.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”