Bet Angel - Release & version history : Bet Angel V1.54.2 - Greening Fix from API Issues

Post Reply
dt888
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:25 pm

Wed Jun 24, 2020 12:21 pm

I was going to go back to the pervious version of BA for today but I notice its been changed now to this one on the website. Would it be possible for you make v1.54.1 available again please until this issue is resolved?

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Posts: 3766
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:47 pm

Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:25 pm

This only difference in the code between 1.54.1 and 1.54.2 is the new handling for betfair's rounding restriction. That code doesn't even run if the stake or price determines that the restriction does not apply. We know that this emergency fix had to be done at betfair as they were worried about the stability of the whole exchange if they didn't intervene, so perhaps they've adjusted other internal settings to ease the strain on their servers.

User avatar
gutuami
Posts: 1780
Joined: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:06 pm

Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:51 pm

it's sticky at the moment. quite unpleasant

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Posts: 3766
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:47 pm

Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:01 pm

We've e-mailed betfair about it, so will see what we get back.

dt888
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:25 pm

Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:07 pm

Thanks for the reply.

I think i'll try on windows 10 tomorrow and see if that makes any difference as im wondering if its just affecting people on windows 7.

I'm surprised so few people have mentioned it as its quite a noticeable change. If it is the new normal due to Betfair changing something their end it is going to take some getting used to.

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Posts: 3766
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:47 pm

Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:18 pm

Are you UK based? I would imagine any lagging would feel worse the further you are away from the exchange. I'd be surprised if it's specific to a particular version of windows though.

dt888
Posts: 342
Joined: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:25 pm

Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:20 pm

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:18 pm
Are you UK based? I would imagine any lagging would feel worse the further you are away from the exchange. I'd be surprised if it's specific to a particular version of windows though.
yes, UK

Evil
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Feb 17, 2017 1:00 pm

Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:33 pm

So will there be a fix for Windows 7?

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Posts: 3766
Joined: Tue Apr 14, 2009 3:47 pm

Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:31 pm

Evil wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:33 pm
So will there be a fix for Windows 7?
What are you looking to have 'fixed'? No one officially supports Windows 7 any more but if you have all the latest service packs for Windows and ciphers for Internet Explorer 11 then you may still be able to login with Bet Angel. We are not aware of any of the discussions in this thread being a problem with a specific version of Windows, we're talking about betfair exchange changes & issues.

Edit: Looking at our server, your last login was with v1.54.1, so in that case, yes if you can currently login with Windows 7 then just install the v.1.54.2c build.

Jukebox
Posts: 1141
Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:07 pm

Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:35 pm

Bet Angel wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 3:31 pm
Evil wrote:
Wed Jun 24, 2020 2:33 pm
So will there be a fix for Windows 7?
What are you looking to have 'fixed'? No one officially supports Windows 7 any more but if you have all the latest service packs for Windows and ciphers for Internet Explorer 11 then you may still be able to login with Bet Angel. We are not aware of any of the discussions in this thread being a problem with a specific version of Windows, we're talking about betfair exchange changes & issues.
I can confirm that I use Windows 7 and BA Pro without problems

Post Reply

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”

  • Information
  • Who is online

    Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests