New Beta - Version 1.26 - Layouts, profiles, settings editor

BAP-Admin
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Version 1.26.0 beta is now available for those who wish to test the latest version.

You can download this from here - http://www.betangel.com/download/

As with previous builds there are quite a few changes:

Screen Layouts - the size and position of each of Bet Angel's windows can be saved under a named layout. Saved layouts are displayed in a picklist in the header area of the Bet Angel trading screen so that you can quickly switch from one layout design to another. Use the options in Bet Angel's 'View' menu to manage screen layout profiles. Layouts can span multiple monitors.

Settings Editor - The settings tab page has been removed and has been replaced with a new settings editor ( launched via the Settings menu or the 'spanner' icon in the header area ). The editor has been split into categories and now includes options from the ladder screen, chart settings and sound alerts. The Communications page has been enhanced to allow more control of the refresh rates of individual data feeds. It also includes a new Connection Smoothing process which improves the consistency of the data feeds when using a less than perfect internet connection.

Named settings profiles - All settings can be saved under a named profile (either via the Settings menu or via the Settings editor). Saved settings are displayed in a picklist in the header area of the Bet Angel trading screen (to the right of saved screen layouts) so that you can quickly switch from one settings profile to another. The saved settings apply to all screens and the differences between profiles can be as minor or as major as you wish. For instance you may wish to use the feature to switch between some of your favourite global settings, but you could also use it to completely change the contents of the Bet Angel windows to change from one style of trading to another. The toolbar preferences of charts and grids are also saved under these named profiles.

Improved betfair charts - The betfair charts can now be configured to display either price or implied probability (or both) and can be synchronised with the market currently being traded or the selection being displayed on one of the ladders. The refresh rate is also configurable and all these settings will be saved under the named settings profile. The betfair charts can now be resized and their size and position will be saved with the named screen layout.

Improved advanced charts - The advanced charts now have a toolbar allowing fast switching between styles and runners . They can also be synchronised with the market currently being traded or the selection being displayed on one of the ladders. The chart style used in each chart window will be saved under the named settings profile. The advanced charts size and position will be saved with the named screen layout.

Please note that if you use Guardian to preload markets, the chart data will populate in the background before you have even reached that market.
gutuami

thanks
bilko

Still NO Global Settings in Dutching!
gutuami

can I ask what were the Supplementary data refresh rates for 25 version. I'd like to set them to be the same for this new version
thanks
to75ne

as the pdf (manual) been updated?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

bilko wrote:Still NO Global Settings in Dutching!
As we have said before, things that look simple to implement can in reality create some quite complex issues. We haven't switched this on yet due to issues encountered when we tried to implement it.

Which global settings are you aiming to use?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

to75ne wrote:as the pdf (manual) been updated?
Not yet, some videos will be produced and the manual will follow.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

gutuami wrote:can I ask what were the Supplementary data refresh rates for 25 version.
The settings for 1.25.0 were:-

Matched & Unmatched bets: 350 ms
Profit & Loss: 350ms
Full market depth: 2 seconds
Traded volume: 5 seconds
bilko

The global settings I'am aiming to use are just stop loss.You have explained to me before that it is very completed because of guardian but I NEVER use guardian.
SORRY for being selfish and impatient.
chris_ri

Saving of multi display screen layouts, amazing.
Couple of issues,
- first time into the settings editor I received an unhandled exception dialog, but Betangel didnt fall over.
- the staking grid had 4 of my usual stake sizes and 2 stakes set to the string 'false'.

Cheers,

Chris
Jam

Great job with the new version but I want to use it on the VPS, will a VPS version be coming out soon?
george

i cant find the confirm bets option
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

george wrote:i cant find the confirm bets option
Sorry, we had to move that to make room on the screen for the settings and layout picklists. It can be found as the first item on the 'Behaviour' page of the settings editor.
PeterLe

BA - Can I make a suggestion?

No doubt if you ask ten traders what they would like to see in subsequent releases, you will get ten different answers..

So (subject to complexity; feasibility and tying in with your future road map), why not put it to the vote?

Maybe you could create a Poll on here and just ask " What new features would you like to see in future releases??" 1 Vote per trader...

Just a thought?!
Regards
Peter

PS Can you please have an option to control the Data Requests from Excel in the first poll!? ;)
SpikeyBob

Not downloaded this yet, but it looks like there are quite a few changes in there. Thanks to the BA dev team for continuing to develop and improve the product, it's very much appreciated.

P.S. you will be hearing from my solicitor if it crashes :lol:

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”