New Version - 1.27.0 Beta

BAP-Admin
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

There is a new beta version of Bet Angel Professional available in the download area of the site.

Changes/Updates:

Offset batches

Offset batches added to global settings - when offsetting with fill or kill, offset bets are placed as the initial bet is filled.

If Offset Batches is set to 1, then Bet Angel behaves as in previous builds. i.e. the offset only occurs when the entire initial bet is filled (or when the fill or kill timer expires.

If Offset Batches is set to 5, then Bet Angel is allowed to offset the initial bet using up to 5 bets while the fill or timer is running; If you used a stake of £100, then the offset batch size is £20 (£100 divided by the 5 batches), so when at least £20 of the initial bet is filled the first offset bet will be placed. Another will be placed when at least £40 has been filled. Another when at least £60 is filled etc. Until it's fully offset or the fill or kill timer expires

Someone that isn't too worried about exceeding the transaction charging limit of 1000 bets per hours may wish to set the 'Offset batches' setting to a high number to continuously feed offset bets into the market as the initial bet fills. Those more concerned about transactions will probably want to use a lower number of batches.

Global Settings Editor

Press the Star (favourites) button to the right of the global settings picklist to show the Global Settings Editor. You can save your favourite global settings configurations by name and that name will be added to the global settings picklist for easy switching between settings.

Excel

Added an Excel tab to the settings editor to allow international users to choose the locale appropriate to their PC and the version of Excel installed.

Guardian / Excel

Fixed Excel binding bug that was raised on the forum. The bound sheet was jumping from one market to another when a market was deleted from the list.

Added new Binding features to the Excel tab

Clear Bindings - clears the 'Excel Sheet' column to remove the current bindings between Guardian and Excel

Auto-bind Bet Angel sheets - when checked Guardian will automatically bind each unallocated sheet (whose name starts with 'Bet Angel') in the workbook to the next market in the market list. Note: Settled markets will be ignored. The sort order of the market list is significant (the binding always works from top to bottom), so you may wish to sort the list by start time or volume matched before binding.

Auto-clear Bindings - clear the 'Excel Sheet' cell when a market is settled. This frees up the Excel sheet for allocation to a different market by the Auto-bind facility.

Advanced Settings - Restricted Refresh option - when checked, Guardian will only refresh a market if it's start time is in the specified time window. The default time window is 20 mins before the start to 15 mins after. This optimises the refresh of those markets so that Guardian cycles round the current markets more quickly.

When used in conjunction with the Auto-bind facility, Guardian will only bind a market to Excel when it's start time is inside the 'Restricted Refresh' time window.
LeTiss

Excellent work BA

The offset batches and auto-bind Excel sheets are brilliant additions
PeterLe

Thanks BA
Is there a server edition please??
BAP-Admin
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

The server edition beta is also available on the downloads page.

Note that this will only work on Bet Angel provided VPS machines.
PeterLe

Thanks - can see it now!

Like the batches idea, LeTiss, can see how you would use this on the early morning football matches.. :)

BA - Quick Question; If a £2 bet was placed at say 1000 and batches set to 20, would it fire an offset for each 10p matched (Assuming the offset was >=£2)?

EDIT: Is there a corresponding batch command within the excel function (couldnt see anything in the userguide)??
Last edited by PeterLe on Thu Feb 10, 2011 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
toptrader

Awesome, thanks very much for listening to all the comments on the excel features. I'll try it out at the weekend and report back any issues but sounds like you've put everything into place with plenty of customisation over how it all works

cheers
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

PeterLe wrote:If a £2 bet was placed at say 1000 and batches set to 20, would it fire an offset for each 10p matched (Assuming the offset was >=£2)?
It waits for a minimum of £2 to be matched in the batch before offsetting otherwise it could run up a large number of transactions. (Each bet placed below the betfair minimum would cost 3 transactions).
PeterLe wrote:Is there a corresponding batch command within the excel function?
Not yet, but we'll add one in a future build.
Dabbla

Slight problem with the batches.
I placed a trade at 2.92 with 1 tick offset, but the last part went into the market at 2 ticks. It was the only trade i have done with batches, so I’m not too sure how wide spread the problem is .

2/9/2011 19:10:17: £ 75 Lay bet placed on Kuala Limper at 2.92. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 13593973125 ( Fill or kill bet with 255 seconds delay. Offsetting by 1 ticks with greening. Trailing Stop at 2 ticks. Place stop at 5 ticks. )
2/9/2011 19:10:26: £ 16.75 Back bet placed on Kuala Limper at 2.94. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 13593976044
2/9/2011 19:10:27: £ 49.05 Back bet placed on Kuala Limper at 2.94. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 13593976407
2/9/2011 19:10:30: £ 75 of unmatched bet (Ref:13593973125) was filled before remainder was killed.
2/9/2011 19:10:30: £ 8.63 Back bet placed on Kuala Limper at 2.96. Entirely unmatched when it initially reached the market. Ref: 13593977313
2/9/2011 19:10:56: Market has been suspended
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Dabbla wrote:Slight problem with the batches.
So that we can look at it in detail, could you e-mail us how bet 13593973125 was matched on betfair. It's probably a rounding issue when calculating the average matched price.

If you go to 'Betting Profit and Loss' on betfair for that race, switch off Average Odds display, and click on the £75 lay bet on Kuala Limper, you should see a screen that breaks down the way the bet was matched (i.e. a series of stakes that will eventually add up to the £75). Send us that and we'll be able to recreate the calculation by hand.

Thanks
dan001

Good stuff!
Am I right in thinking that the new excel functionality would allow you to achieve the same outcome of connecting to BetAngel-auto-trade.xls from the excel tab to trade throughout the day, with connecting to BetAngel_1.xls from Gardian using the Restricted Refresh option in conjunction with the Auto-bind facility?
toptrader

I seem to be having problems with the auto clear binding (on greyhound markets)
I've been running my spreadsheet for a while but it hasn't ever successfullly unbound my excel after the market has settled

[screenshot attached shows the time as some 16 mins after the market has finished but the sheet is still bound. You can see i have auto clear binding selected (and also i have restricted refresh set to 2 mins before and 3 mins after the market start time)]

I wonder if the problem could be that auto clear bidning doesn't check the market if it is settled outside of the restricted refresh time so it won't ever unbind the market?

This could be an issue as I wouldn't want to have to allow up to 20 mins for the market to be settled as the next couple of races start before then so I'll completely miss these and the new functionality defeats it's own purpose

Easiest fix (if my guess of the issue is correct) would be for the auto clear binding to do it's thing as soon as the markets fall outside fo the restricted refresh time if it's set. this would work perfectly!

Please let me know if any Qs

thanks
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
toptrader

Yep, testing it a bit more, the issue is that the auto-clear bindings fails to do it's trick if the restricted refresh is set and the market settles outside this time

There's another reason also that BA should unbind the sheets as soon as the market falls outside the restrcited refresh, as otherwise the autobinding process could bind the new sheets in the wrong order, depending on the order the market is settled

Again, a little complex to explain but if you are betting on the Win and Place market and you are very careful to set up all the sheets in excel in this order, but then the Place market is settled by betfair first (often the case), then for the next market the sheets will fall out of order as BA will immediately unbind the first market to be settled and then rebind the next available market

Please let me know if this makes sense, happy to explain further on this forum or take offline.

thanks
gutuami

I have noticed that with restricted refresh on: sometimes the ladder do not refresh itself {it becomes blank grey} if the focus is on guardian or other windows. Or might be my video driver playing up.. will do more tests
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

toptrader wrote:...BA should unbind the sheets as soon as the market falls outside the restrcited refresh
That makes perfect sense - there's no point in Guardian keeping the excel binding when the market falls outside the restricted refresh time window as the market will not be refreshed again.

We'll make that change in the next build of the beta.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

dan001 wrote:Good stuff!
Am I right in thinking that the new excel functionality would allow you to achieve the same outcome of connecting to BetAngel-auto-trade.xls from the excel tab to trade throughout the day, with connecting to BetAngel_1.xls from Gardian using the Restricted Refresh option in conjunction with the Auto-bind facility?
Pretty much, yes. Depending on the size of the time window you've assigned to the restricted refresh, you may need a few pages in the spreadsheet to cover the situation where more than one market falls inside the time window (and is therefore bound at the same time), but yes these features will allow you to cover a whole day's racing. Once we've implemented toptrader's suggestion you'll need even less spreadsheet pages as you won't be waiting for a previous market to settle before re-binding the page.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”