New version available 1.35

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We are pleased to announce a new beta version of Bet Angel.

We made a number of change and some more performance enhancements in the latest version of Bet Angel, so this is the fastest yet. But the most visible changes in the latest version of Bet Angel revolve around the ladder, the range of settings you now have available and ability to use multiple ladders on multiple markets.

Download the beta version from http://www.betangel.com/download/

Ladder spawning ability

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S2b7W9JlqU

A major upgrade on this version of Bet Angel is the ability to right click in Guardian, the watch lists and the market selection area to spawn additional ladders on top of the current market you are working in.

This means you can now trade multiple markets on multiple ladders outside of the Guardian interface. If you want to trade multiple markets on the ladder on the same event, on different events or on different sports it's now possible to do that quickly and easily.

New multiple ladder enhancement

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4BWiFOL-5Q

We have made the ladder interface more customisable than ever. You can now configure the ladder pane on Bet Angel to display up to ten ladders and all them can be split across a number of rows. This allows you to view many selection on one panel and easily trade across all those selections.

For example, if you are a six selection market you can now display six ladders in a three by two view of the market for ease of trading. Undock the ladder to create a bigger view of the ladder and more room to trade. The ladders will always maximise the number of rows to fit the window pane you have created.

Ladder customisation

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DJdDOX2pg4

In line with this increased flexibility detailed above we have also also increase the range of customisation you can achieve on the ladder. This includes the cell height and width, the font size, column width, gap to other columns, gaps between ladders. Basically we have made the display as customisable as you could wish.

This will allow you to create and save very specific market views and improve the flexibility of how you want to display information and how you trade using that information.

Enhanced chart on Ladder interface

http://youtu.be/7DJdDOX2pg4?t=4m49s

The enhanced chart on the ladder interface now includes advanced charting, rather than the 'old style' charting. You don't need to use the embedded enhanced ladder charting, you can still spawn as many charts as you wish, but this specific area has been enhanced.

This improvement means you can apply a custom advanced chart to the enhanced ladder area. You can also vary the width of the enhanced chart to suit how you have set up your ladder. All the information aspects of the enhanced charting are still there but on a tab in the same area.

The charting is context sensitive so as you move your mouse over the ladders the chart will change automatically to display information on that runner. No need to select the chart from the drop down menu.

Additional option on advanced charting

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oc5MYGICtuE

If you display an advanced chart you now also have an additional tick box, 'two column'. This gives you the ability to split charts horizontally as well as vertically, giving you a lot more flexibility on how you display your information.

It's a minor change but one that you will want to familiarise yourself with as it increases the flexibility of the charting and how you would want to use it. We have always allowed you to display multiple indicators vertically but this effectively doubles your ability by extending it horizontally.

Enjoy.........
gutuami

I will miss the enhanced ladder charts. They always seemed quicker to me which is impossible I know. I like to have the list of runners visible all the time, so I'll have to replicate them with some of advanced charts and stick them on top. The list of runners provides you with a quick selection of any runner just by clicking on it - a feature that many people are not aware of. Now it seems a bit low. Everything else is perfect to me. Maybe I'll come up with some better screen layout..
Euler

The list of runners is still there, it's on the info tab.
Euler

You can still access the 'old charts' on the 'old' charting screen, these are a carbon copy of the ones you used. But the 'new' ones are exactly the same in terms of speed, just plotted with fancy graphics and more user definable.
LeTiss

What happened to the merging of UK and Aussie wallets?
gutuami

Euler wrote:You can still access the 'old charts' on the 'old' charting screen, these are a carbon copy of the ones you used. But the 'new' ones are exactly the same in terms of speed, just plotted with fancy graphics and more user definable.
Euler wrote:The list of runners is still there, it's on the info tab.
Thanks Peter, I've found them straight away . BA is probably the only piece of software that I know inside out. It's just my conservatism. After all I've spent thousands of hours on previous layout with enhanced charts. But as they say onwards and upwards.
Zapata

Great enhancements, well done to all at BA!!!
Apex

Great work with the enhancements, well done guys!
Dabbla

I really don’t like what you have done with the enhanced ladder. The runners are to squashed at the bottom as gutuami has already said. I don’t see the benefit of having to change between info and the charts selection. It is unneeded button pressing. They should both be available at the same time.
I would like to offer a solution to the first problem.(the space for runners)
Remove the trade profit calculator from the info section.
Then the pinned trade profit calculator allow that to be defaulted to a chosen ladder, the same as advanced charting .
At least make the enhanced area more customizable.
If you can make it more customizable, could we have the option to have the book % above the ladder again .
Other than that it looks like a good update.
old ladder.jpg
old ladder2.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

LeTiss 4pm wrote:What happened to the merging of UK and Aussie wallets?
That's API NG but the feature has been deleted from their list, so I don't think it's going to happen.
AmazingMisterX

LOVE a lot of the new features such as the new ladder options etc.

Have to agree with a couple of previous posts though regarding the advanced ladder. Much prefered the charts and info on the same page instead of having the click one or the other. Might continue using the old version solely because of this which is a shame because I'd like to be able to get the different ladders for different markets etc.
Last edited by AmazingMisterX on Tue Sep 24, 2013 1:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alpha322

AmazingMisterX wrote:LOVE a lot of the new features such as the new ladder options etc. Liking that there is a desktop tab aswell now!

Have to agree with a couple of previous posts though regarding the advanced ladder. Much prefered the charts and info on the same page instead of having the click one or the other. Might continue using the old version solely because of this which is a shame because I'd like to be able to get the different ladders for different markets etc.
Think there is to much going on on BA its getting like speghetti Junction, but yet they cannot put in the one thing i wanted a practice mode bank so i can see how i grow a bank with strategies over a period of time. I will keep my old version for now sorry Peter. :cry:
Euler

Not much added visually TBH on this build, mainly given you the ability to spawn ladders in multiple markets which everybody has been asking for.

The reason we can't put a practice bank in is because there is no resulting service from Betfair, so when an event has finished we don't know what won and what your result was, so we can't add that to any bank. That's the problem. But that's why we put in the automation function to export your P&L. That way you can export the result as it happens and look at it at the end of the session at your total.
herbie

ability to spawn ladders in multiple markets which everybody has been asking for.
brilliant...good...well done...now i can see all of the world :D

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”