Version 1.23 beta

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We had a good look at memory usage and it appeared to be pretty stable. We are continuing to investigate that anyway, but it hasn't thrown up anything specific as yet. I am sure we can get to bottom things. It's typically just a process of elimination.

Also please check to make sure there are no dialogue boxes open as we had reports of 'hanging' but it turned out to be a confirmation box waiting for acknowledgement. I know this is different to some of the existing reports, but it's always worth hitting the space bar just in case.
andyfuller

Just had my first crash of BA for the day.

It happened about 3 mins from the rescheduled off so I was wrong to say yesterday it happens when pressing Ctrl+Shift+N as I was actually doing nothing on BA at the time it locked up.

I had the One click screen up, the charting screen up and the BF style charts and Advanced charts for the first 3 in the betting.

I have attached an image showing what it looked like.

Only option was to kill BA and reload it. I had a look at my memory and ram and all was fine.

Edit: I forgot to say that it was not a BF issue as the other trading application I was using was working fine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andyfuller

Just remembered in Vista if you go into Control Panel>Problems Reports and Solutions>View Problem History

You can get an error report for why an application died.

All of them that I have looked at so far are:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Can others check to see what caused their ones?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Can you email support, we have been trying to crash it all day and haven't had any luck.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We just checked your log in and you appear to be using 1.23, there is a later verison 1.23.1

1.23 did have a obscure problem related to switching markets.
andyfuller

I have just sent the info to support - forgot to update it tbh. Will do it now. This problem seems to have been happening to me for a few months now though. Will let you know when it happens next.
MethodMan

I used v1.22 today and can report a clean bill of health for the day. Wish I could say the same for my trading! :lol:

If it proves helpful I used v1.23 on Wednesday and v1.23.1 on Thursday and experienced BA freeze and/or crash on both days. It happened to me when I was using the One Click or Ladder screens. I'm also using Windows Vista, the same as others that have experienced the problem. I checked Task Manager and v1.23 (and v1.23.1) uses approx 2-3 times as much memory as v1.22 on my PC. Though looking at the amount of memory being used you wouldn't expect any problems.

Maybe there's a case for retaining v1.22 as Bet Angel Lite on a reduced subscription rate? ;)
oscar123

Stuck with 1.23.1 and had no problems today.

Im still using XP.

Had some strange goings on when first using new version. Lots of freezing, though it did come back.

And in one instance I had everything disappear off my screen!

Hopefully this was just a one off and a problem with Betfair as everything seemed fine today.
oscar123

Hi,

On the whole the new version is impressive. But again today I experieced a few instances of freezing.

It seems to lock up my computer and I cant access anything. It does come back very shortly after, and luckily it hasnt happened at crucial moments, ie race going off. I havent experienced any full on crashes since I got the updated version, but it still seems less stable than the old version for me.

I'm going back to the old version for now. As I say it's only happened a couple of times a day, and it has come back. But im just scared that it going to happen at a crucial moment.

Will keep an eye out for when the next version gets released and try it again then.
oscar123

Just noticed that there is a 1.23.2 on the downloads page.

The above was written with regard to 1.23.1.

Still, im going back to the 1.22 for now.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

1.23.2 is now available to download, after testing we have been using full on today.

The new version should trap the errors that were causing problems for some people in the older release and you shouldn't see the same problem again. We had a number of people run old and new today and it confirmed that the problem was eliminated. But we still need people to use it, to confirm that this is definitely the case.

We have also taken the opportunity to sneak in a couple of new features. The traded volume on the ladder is now shown graphically as well as the actual traded volume numbers. We have changed the advanced charting so that when you switch between markets it remembers the runner it was pointing at and refreshes from that point on. Previously it would relate only to that specific runner but this has proved less popular than being market specific.

You can switch both features on and off from the settings area.
andyfuller

Bet Angel wrote:We have changed the advanced charting so that when you switch between markets it remembers the runner it was pointing at and refreshes from that point on.
Excellent addition - like Christmas has come early!

What I can't figure out though is how it is deciding on which selections to display - it seems a bit random to me?

I have the grid sorted by Back Price > Lowest to highest. However, when I switch market it seems to be displaying the charts for random selections.

At first I thought it must be showing them by Betfair's order but that isn't the case, I have attached an image to show it:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

It is based on betfair's runner order. If you display the chart of first & third runner (as returned by betfair) on one market and then switch to another market, the charts will refresh to show the first & third runner of the new market. It should save a lot of chart re-opening with the UK markets as betfair generally order those from most to least favourite. With the US races they order by saddlecloth number, so the favourite jumps around in the list of runners making the carryover of one chart to the next market less useful.

Eventually we'll link the auto-switching of the charts into the global sort concept that we have in development, we just thought everyone would like this feature now as it works well with the commonly traded markets.

It works well with football matches too. Just add each match to Guardian to build a longer term chart history, arrange the charts as required for one match and then they'll repopulate to show the price movement so far as you switch from match to match.
andyfuller

Bet Angel wrote:Eventually we'll link the auto-switching of the charts into the global sort concept that we have in development, we just thought everyone would like this feature now as it works well with the commonly traded markets.
Good stuff - I haven't traded for a few day and so only just downloaded the version today and of course there were no UK markets to test it on so I tried the US ones. As it is, it is a vast improvement on having to manually do it!

Looking forward to it being included in the global sort!
gutuami

hi
on the [manual bet] tab the set <all odds to> does not keep the field populated when you switch between markets. Every time it should be unticked and ticked again.
Also in the custom columns editor it would be nice to have an option to cancel your previous stakes on the lay side and on the back side for that selection

cheers

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”