Version 1.23 beta

andyfuller

MethodMan wrote:it seems to happen either when I change to a new market or when I'm opening a new graph. I'm using BA on the same PC that I've always traded on, without previously experiencing any problems
I have had this happening to me but it also happened on version 1.22. It didn't always happen on version 1.22 but just started one day and I think it might have coincided with a windows update but I can't be sure. I reported it to support but it seemed to just be me but it happens on average once a day, some days more some day not at all.

As others have said it seems to be something in BA as the rest of my programmes run fine and I am still able to use other trading software at the same time as BA has locked up to exit my positions.

Glad to see it affecting others as hopefully the cause can be figured out but I hope no one has it happen mid trade. Always worth keeping the BF website open as well but don't forget this counts towards your data charge.
MethodMan

I had it happen once when using the old version of Bet Angel but as it was only a one off I didn't report as I couldn't be sure it was a Bet Angel problem.

It just froze again. This time for 2 minutes 50 seconds!!! :shock:
andyfuller

When it happens to me it completely crashes rather than just freezing. Only option is to reload it from scratch.
MethodMan

Fortunately it was 25 mins from the off and I was curious to see how long it would take to spark back into life.

btw - I found where to download the old version of Bet Angel. It was on the download page all along. Who'd have thunk it?
oscar123

Hi,

Ive downloaded the latest version yesterday 1.23.1.

Im also having trouble with freezing. I always have two windows open, betangel and betfair website.

The freezing seems to affect both windows, so maybe it is betfair that is unstable too.

I never used to have any problems at all with the old version.

Hard to know what the problem is as the new version was released at pretty much the same time as betfair have done some 'updates'.

I may go and install the old version and see how I get on with that.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

If you are seeing problems its worth switching back to the current version for trading, both the current version at the beta version are available in the same downloads area. http://downloads.betangel.com

We alpha tested right down to very low spec machines and never saw any issues and are not currently seeing any, so there must be some other issue at hand.

It would be helpful if you have experiencing a problem to contact support so we can specifically isolate why it only appears to be affecting a small number of users.
nigelk

Froze for me 3 or 4 times yesterday, the little blue "busy" circle comes up. Are we all using Vista?

Nigel.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

When you contact support, please confirm your PC specs, RAM, CPU, Operating system, also indicate what parts of the software you tend to use. When it occurs etc.
andyfuller

nigelk wrote:the little blue "busy" circle comes up. Are we all using Vista?
Yes using Vista, get the little blue busy circle then BA whites over, rest of the PC is fine as is another trading application I am using. Seems to happen to me when using Ctrl+Shift+N to move to the next market.
neeeel

go into task manager and check how much memory BA is using, someone mentioned that their copy of BA was eating up RAM, as far as Im aware, this could cause it to hang if its eating up ur system resources
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We had a good look at memory usage and it appeared to be pretty stable. We are continuing to investigate that anyway, but it hasn't thrown up anything specific as yet. I am sure we can get to bottom things. It's typically just a process of elimination.

Also please check to make sure there are no dialogue boxes open as we had reports of 'hanging' but it turned out to be a confirmation box waiting for acknowledgement. I know this is different to some of the existing reports, but it's always worth hitting the space bar just in case.
andyfuller

Just had my first crash of BA for the day.

It happened about 3 mins from the rescheduled off so I was wrong to say yesterday it happens when pressing Ctrl+Shift+N as I was actually doing nothing on BA at the time it locked up.

I had the One click screen up, the charting screen up and the BF style charts and Advanced charts for the first 3 in the betting.

I have attached an image showing what it looked like.

Only option was to kill BA and reload it. I had a look at my memory and ram and all was fine.

Edit: I forgot to say that it was not a BF issue as the other trading application I was using was working fine.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andyfuller

Just remembered in Vista if you go into Control Panel>Problems Reports and Solutions>View Problem History

You can get an error report for why an application died.

All of them that I have looked at so far are:

Problem Event Name: AppHangB1

Can others check to see what caused their ones?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Can you email support, we have been trying to crash it all day and haven't had any luck.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We just checked your log in and you appear to be using 1.23, there is a later verison 1.23.1

1.23 did have a obscure problem related to switching markets.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”