Version 1.23 beta

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

1.23.2 is now available to download, after testing we have been using full on today.

The new version should trap the errors that were causing problems for some people in the older release and you shouldn't see the same problem again. We had a number of people run old and new today and it confirmed that the problem was eliminated. But we still need people to use it, to confirm that this is definitely the case.

We have also taken the opportunity to sneak in a couple of new features. The traded volume on the ladder is now shown graphically as well as the actual traded volume numbers. We have changed the advanced charting so that when you switch between markets it remembers the runner it was pointing at and refreshes from that point on. Previously it would relate only to that specific runner but this has proved less popular than being market specific.

You can switch both features on and off from the settings area.
andyfuller

Bet Angel wrote:We have changed the advanced charting so that when you switch between markets it remembers the runner it was pointing at and refreshes from that point on.
Excellent addition - like Christmas has come early!

What I can't figure out though is how it is deciding on which selections to display - it seems a bit random to me?

I have the grid sorted by Back Price > Lowest to highest. However, when I switch market it seems to be displaying the charts for random selections.

At first I thought it must be showing them by Betfair's order but that isn't the case, I have attached an image to show it:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

It is based on betfair's runner order. If you display the chart of first & third runner (as returned by betfair) on one market and then switch to another market, the charts will refresh to show the first & third runner of the new market. It should save a lot of chart re-opening with the UK markets as betfair generally order those from most to least favourite. With the US races they order by saddlecloth number, so the favourite jumps around in the list of runners making the carryover of one chart to the next market less useful.

Eventually we'll link the auto-switching of the charts into the global sort concept that we have in development, we just thought everyone would like this feature now as it works well with the commonly traded markets.

It works well with football matches too. Just add each match to Guardian to build a longer term chart history, arrange the charts as required for one match and then they'll repopulate to show the price movement so far as you switch from match to match.
andyfuller

Bet Angel wrote:Eventually we'll link the auto-switching of the charts into the global sort concept that we have in development, we just thought everyone would like this feature now as it works well with the commonly traded markets.
Good stuff - I haven't traded for a few day and so only just downloaded the version today and of course there were no UK markets to test it on so I tried the US ones. As it is, it is a vast improvement on having to manually do it!

Looking forward to it being included in the global sort!
gutuami

hi
on the [manual bet] tab the set <all odds to> does not keep the field populated when you switch between markets. Every time it should be unticked and ticked again.
Also in the custom columns editor it would be nice to have an option to cancel your previous stakes on the lay side and on the back side for that selection

cheers
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We have uploaded a new version 1.23.3 which fixed the issue you have described. We have also taken the opportunity to introduce: -

A new user definable sound alert for bet placement and information alerts, you can switch back to the default system beep if you wish.

You can now centre all ladders by pressing the return key when one of the ladders has focus.

Colour highlighter for when the odds reach a cross over point on the ladder. Colour can be user defined via the settings tab.

Guardian will now automatically ignore markets that are suspended and closed, speeding up the cycle time, if you have lots of suspended markets in your list.
Dabbla

what are the information alerts ?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Just the beeps if you do something, like add a market to Guardian.
danum

I've noticed I get better response times on version 1.23, was this intended or is it a bonus from improved coding? Just logged into Soccer Mystic to check today's games and it reminded me what I used to get!
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Thanks, it's better coding, we are always looking for ways to improve the speed and will often make tweaks to improve performance. We may link Soccer Mystic to Bet Angel in a future version as its time consuming to maintain two seperate blocks of development so it seems logical to tie the two together at some point so they can move forward in tandem.
danum

Not a criticism at all but as no-one else had mentioned it I wasn't sure. Thanks to all!
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

np, you just reminded us it was a little behind, which is a fair comment.
LeTiss

JollyGreen wrote:Dell laptops seem to be the worst!

I was with a mate one day and we were trading some markets together. I placed a trade and there was a piercing "BEEP!!!" :shock: I nearly **** myself I thought WW3 was about to start. The crazy thing was you couldn't adjust the volume...it was on or off :?
You're right

My laptop is a Dell and I used to turn the bleeper off because it killed my eardrums.

The new version is considerably better
phil

Version 1.23.3 is working for me no problem, I really like the new graphics on the traded amounts

I dont understand your statement:

"You can now centre all ladders by pressing the return key when one of the ladders has focus"

It would be great to be able to centre all 3 ladders with a single key stroke but I can't seem to make it work

Thanks
Phil
Nero Tulip

Just downloaded the new version, looks nice. Apart from the change of background colour to light/bright blue, which is doing my eyes in. Are there any preferences available to change this back to grey? If not that might be a nice idea.

No criticism of the trading features at all, just a feeling that less is sometimes more on the design side of things. A smaller colour palette perhaps, design consistency in the tabs and frames, less clutter. No suggestion of how, just general feedback for your consideration.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”