Version 1.23 beta

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

This is now available to download from http://downloads.betangel.com

There are quite a number of tweaks, enhancements, performance improvements and changes, but the main change is the a new customisable one click grid / manual bet interface.

The grid is defaulted to look like the old layout but from here you can re-design as you wish or leave it looking like the old grid. We have replicated the manual bet area as well. We have also tweaked the look and feel towards an office 2007 style and you can now also change the general colour from the 'settings' area, a common request.

While we have tested this over a number of weeks, this isn't a full release yet, just a beta incase anybody spots anything we have missed or new issues come to light. It's probably worth installing to a different machine or directory while you get used to the new features.

More things in the pipeline but we didn't want to crunch it all in just before the Christmas break.
DM1

Hi, I like the new One Click version so far.

Fisrtly could we have some staking preset buttons somewhere on the one click screen, like the ladder screen.
It would be very handy for trading the Football.
Customisable if poss, because I find that the ladder stake buttons take up far too much space at the top of screen and looks very dated. Could be put into one line.

Secondly, can we not have all the new bits and bobs before Xmas, theres not a great deal going on at the moment, so nows got to be a good time to iron out the new tweaks.
Last edited by DM1 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lagos

I have loaded this new version ontothe laptop. one probelm is the lack of the confirmation beep when placing a bet.( It worked on the old version) the sound alerts are working fine. I also have this problem with an older version on another desktop I sometimes use. Anyone know why? Thanks
Lagos

Update
after a bit of testing last night the confirmatin beep works sometimes and not others on bothe the bookmaking screen and the manual bets screen. Something not quite right.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Everything is beeping over here?
andyfuller

Where do you get this beeping from? I have never had it working for me????
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

When you place a bet it makes the PC speaker beep, however not all PC's have internal speakers any more.
LeTiss

I've disabled the BA bleeper on my laptop

It perforates my eardrum every time it places a bet
andyfuller

I have speakers that are plugged into the tower so I guess that is why I have never heard it?
Mike_IG

andyfuller wrote:I have speakers that are plugged into the tower so I guess that is why I have never heard it?
I've got external (plugged in) speakers as well Andy, but I've also got an internal PC speaker as well and I get the noise from the internal speaker. As mentioned a lot of the newer PC's either don't have them or even don't bother to plug them in anymore, mine is stuck to the bottom of my case.
Lagos

it worked on this machine with the last version not with this one. whats changed?
JollyGreen

Dell laptops seem to be the worst!

I was with a mate one day and we were trading some markets together. I placed a trade and there was a piercing "BEEP!!!" :shock: I nearly **** myself I thought WW3 was about to start. The crazy thing was you couldn't adjust the volume...it was on or off :?
xdg99667

Hi,

I seem to be having problems with this one, on task manager it is showing that the meory used is steadily increasing, even when there are no events loaded into them main app or guardian

has anyone else noticed this?

Cheers, Gary
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Are you interacting with Bet Angel in any way when you're seeing the memory increase? The reason I ask is that if we start Bet Angel (with no markets saved in Guardian) and don't select a market, then we don't see a memory increase.

Memory will increase when you switch tabs, use the in-built web browser, use the drop down menus etc because Windows allocates memory/resources to an application on demand. The pool of memory gradually grows until Windows decides it needs the memory for another process at which point it runs 'garbage collection' which tidies up any unused objects in the pool. We've monitored the memory consumption and although you often see additional memory being allocated to Bet Angel as the user interface demands, it does get freed up correctly.

One point to note is that once you have active markets in Bet Angel (either in the trading screen itself or in Guardian), price histories will be built so that you can construct detailed candlestick charts via the advanced charting facilities. The price histories consume memory, so it is quite normal for the memory footprint of Bet Angel to grow as the trading session advances and the price histories become more detailed. Once a market is no longer referenced by Bet Angel the memory used by the price histories is made available for Windows to use when required.

If you continue to see the memory increase when Bet Angel is sitting idle on the screen, then please e-mail [email protected] with more information about your PC, version of Windows, the amount of memory you're seeing used and the rate of increase. Please include screenshots as appropriate.
mick1512

Hi All

I've been using this version for the last couple of days and just come across the following problem.

I loaded up the 3pm at Southwell win market and everything was fine in the ladder screen. However, in the one click screen the wrong horses were listed. The title of the race was correct, "Sthl 17th Dec - 15:00 1m Hcp" but the horses listed were Cornas, Pasco, Or Bleu, Procas De Thaix and Master Cobbler in that order from top to bottom. These were the runners in the 2.50pm at Exeter so what they were doing listed under the 3.00pm at Southwell in the one click screen I don't know.

Anyone got any ideas? If not I will email support.

Thanks in advance

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”