New Bet Angel Professional Beta 1.37 - API NG

PeterLe

Folks,
Just had conformation from BDP, please see below
Regards
Peter

Hi Peter,

I can confirm that data request charges do not apply for products that are using the new API (API-NG).

I'll make sure that the Helpdesk are aware of this going forward.

Kind Regards,

Neil

Betfair Developer Program
PeterLe

Is anyone running on the new version this afternoon?
If so, could you just take a look at the "Responsiveness of calls to Betfair in milliseconds when retrieving prices" indicator at the bottom of the application?
Mine is showing 2293 although it doesnt seem to be affecting performance??

Edit: Please ignore. I close BA down and restarted it..all seems well again
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Everything has been normal here this afternoon. Are you generally running everything from Guardian? The status bar responsiveness values only feedback on the market loaded into the main trading screen, so perhaps if you had a market loaded into that screen and it went past suspension and into market settlement then it may have ended with a slow refresh.

Anyway let us know if you see it again and we'll investigate.
PeterLe

Hi
I have Guardian loaded up with the days races on a 1 seconds refresh (restricted 1 seconds before the start to 900 thereafter) Im ony using it in play.
Excel isnt connected via Guardian, just via the main excel tab.
The actual counter was 'stuck' showing the same reading (2293ms) which seemed a bit strange..anyway all is well now and its currently showing 15ms
Thanks for the reply
Regards
Peter
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Ok, well just let us know if you see it again and we'll look out for it here.
PeterLe

LinusP wrote:Peter as of last month the transaction limits were 1000 as I got charged. However I have been running numerous programs on the same account and haven't been told off yet...
BDP confirmed to me that the transaction charge will still apply...so be careful
Rinoa

Thought I'd test the new API using bets less than £2 on an over/under strategy I'm working on.

I,m using guardian automation. Works fine up to about 4.5, but then stops. Every bet lower than 4.5 fired. Every bet over 4.7 failed to fire. This has happened on 2 matches so far using rules I've used many times before, I've just changed the prices so I can test using smaller stakes.
Euler

There is no reason that odds values should have affect on the way it works, please send us a copy of the log so we can have a look.
to75ne

this new api version does work on my machine. it will not load any markets.

if i use the guardian quick picks it populates the stat times, markets are blanks the rest are 0 or 00:00:00 if its suppossed to be a time.

if i use select markets they load as closed with the market id number in brackets, the start times as 00:00:00, but shows volume.

nothing will load into the grid/ladder so no idea how they behave etc

see attached screen shots of guardian

what is wrong with my machine/settings

the old api version appears to be working fine
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Online Trader

I am unable to load any automation rules in Guardian, I can see them but they do not appear in the drop down menu for each market?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

to75ne wrote:this new api version does work on my machine. it will not load any markets.
Could you raise a ticket with support, so that we can create a message thread and try to resolve this. Have you got a second PC to try it on to see if its occurring on everything on your network?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Online Trader wrote:I am unable to load any automation rules in Guardian, I can see them but they do not appear in the drop down menu for each market?
Apart from that, do the markets look ok? Are you able to see the odds in Guardian for the market? Are you able to place bets manually with the main trading screen?
Online Trader

Bet Angel wrote:
Online Trader wrote:I am unable to load any automation rules in Guardian, I can see them but they do not appear in the drop down menu for each market?
Apart from that, do the markets look ok? Are you able to see the odds in Guardian for the market? Are you able to place bets manually with the main trading screen?
Yes and now they have all reappeared, very strange goings on :?:
Euler

If you load markets in Guardian, save them and then return at some point in the future Bet Angel will have to re-populate them by cycling through them. If the market doesn't exist it will show as closed. But while restoring them they would be blank until Bet Angel can check on their status. Don't know if that may explain what you are seeing?
to75ne

Bet Angel wrote:
to75ne wrote:this new api version does work on my machine. it will not load any markets.
Could you raise a ticket with support, so that we can create a message thread and try to resolve this. Have you got a second PC to try it on to see if its occurring on everything on your network?
i think i solved the market loading problems not sure how.

i uninstalled the new version deleted the folder. done a windows update, reloaded etc and the markets appear ok. they load whatever method i choose .

the only problem is the ladder. continuos flashing of the market depth column, numbers are there then flash off and so on.i have not got that "show last traded vol" ticked, its worse with that.

but overall its fine and very useable apart from the flashing------ hope it dont give me an epileptic fit :lol:

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”