New Bet Angel Professional Beta 1.37 - API NG

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

As many of you will already be aware, betfair will be retiring their current API on 10th Nov. We have been busy updating the Bet Angel products to work with betfair's new API and the new version has recently passed betfair's software certification process.

If you would like to use the latest version of Bet Angel Professional v1.37.4 it can be downloaded from: http://www.betangel.com/securedownloads/BAP_1_37_4.msi

Just log-in with the betfair username that you'd usually use with Bet Angel Professional.

The User Interface is very similar to the previous version, but here are a few notes regarding the software:

- The first time you use this version of Bet Angel it'll need to request from betfair permission for your account to use their new API. This would normally take about two minutes.
- The Australian markets are now available all the time via the Market Selection screen (so no need to choose Australian wallet during log-in)
- Betfair don't apply Data Request charges to this new API, so there's no need to limit calls to just 20 calls per second. We've run it at 40 calls per second and it works fine.
- You can use smaller stakes than the £2 minimum on all screens.
- Connection Modes on log-in have been dropped as they are not appropriate for this API.
- The currency of your account is picked up automatically from the API, but if you need to adjust the culture used with Excel then this can be found in the Bet Angel Settings window.

We are not aware of any problems with this version, but as it is a beta, please use small stakes and let us know if anything unexpected occurs.

Edit: URL changed to point to latest version and update retirement date of API 6
to75ne

do we have to uninstall the current version? and if not can a current version run along side this new version with 19 data calls per second, just in case their new api goes tits up?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

You can choose the 'Installation Folder' when you install the new version, so if you change that path you should be able to run them side by side.

If for some reason you loose the old icon, you can always find the application under c:\program files (x86)\Bet Angel Limited\Bet Angel Professional

And yes, 19 calls via the old version alongside this new one is also fine.
Euler

Just to nip in, Betfair are making it mandatory that we have to switch off old versions.

So it's worth making yourself familiar with the new version before older ones are switched off.

We have been using the new version internally for some time so we done a lot of testing. But want to get this out so others can also test. We can't rule out that we have missed something. So please let us know if you spot anything.
PeterLe

Thanks gents
Ive been running this now for the last three days or so and its been rock solid (I think ive stressed tested it!) :D

Re the data calls..I didnt know that? Does that mean that in theory we could run two instances (using same username) and not worry about the calls?
I must read up on the T&C's..

(PS I just tested the last race using sub £2 stakes to see what would happen and it ran fine and as fast as placing >£2 bets,,
Euler

PeterLe wrote:Re the data calls..I didnt know that? Does that mean that in theory we could run two instances (using same username) and not worry about the calls?
I must read up on the T&C's..
Yes, you can also set up Guardian to cycle faster without worrying about call limits.
PeterLe

Well that's going to keep me awake tonight thinking about new strategies! :D

Good work by the team getting this out on time. I cant begin to imagine how much effort has gone into it
Alpha322

Euler wrote:Just to nip in, Betfair are making it mandatory that we have to switch off old versions.

So it's worth making yourself familiar with the new version before older ones are switched off.

We have been using the new version internally for some time so we done a lot of testing. But want to get this out so others can also test. We can't rule out that we have missed something. So please let us know if you spot anything.
In what way is the API changing, i hate all this damm change, is it because we make good profit off them month after month year after year they want to turn round and kick you where it hurts where a normal bookmaker will close your account why the hell dont they rename it Betfraud instead of Betfair, am fed up as soon as you get a comfatable edge and strategy and a feel for the software it all changes again, Peter could you give a insight please
steven1976

Will existing excel sheets still work the same when changing to the new api and they drop the old api?
PeterLe

steven1976 wrote:Will existing excel sheets still work the same when changing to the new api and they drop the old api?
Yep mine seem ok.
Steve the new version connects via the new API now
Euler

Alpha, it is annoying. But particularly so from the vendor side of the business. It means the cost of producing the software has effectively doubled without any benefit. It's been a complete re-write of the code for a lot of people and some vendors have just given up with that in mind. So not an ideal situation. I'd imagine a few apps will just switch off on the 1st Nov.

From what I can see a lot has changed in the architecture at Betfair's back end so NG is is the API catching up on that. But in terms of actual benefits to everybody there are a few, like no call limits, but nothing earth shattering. Even then that's offset by the desire of Betfair to produce a leaner operating model. I think we will all have to see how the dust settles after the migration to see what the overall impact is.

We will ensure Bet Angel customer get the full benefit of any improvements.
pmanso

I'm using the new version and i can't find the kremlin Cup 2014 for the ATP, only for the WTA. Can you check? Thanks.
Euler

Thanks, we will investigate
PeterLe

Peter
Are we still on <1000 transactions an hour on the new API?
Thanks
Regards
Peter
Euler

I don't think the limit has changed but I also haven't seen anybody charged for ages since they removed the limit a little while ago.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”