New Bet Angel Professional Beta 1.37 - API NG

Euler

Alpha, it is annoying. But particularly so from the vendor side of the business. It means the cost of producing the software has effectively doubled without any benefit. It's been a complete re-write of the code for a lot of people and some vendors have just given up with that in mind. So not an ideal situation. I'd imagine a few apps will just switch off on the 1st Nov.

From what I can see a lot has changed in the architecture at Betfair's back end so NG is is the API catching up on that. But in terms of actual benefits to everybody there are a few, like no call limits, but nothing earth shattering. Even then that's offset by the desire of Betfair to produce a leaner operating model. I think we will all have to see how the dust settles after the migration to see what the overall impact is.

We will ensure Bet Angel customer get the full benefit of any improvements.
pmanso

I'm using the new version and i can't find the kremlin Cup 2014 for the ATP, only for the WTA. Can you check? Thanks.
Euler

Thanks, we will investigate
PeterLe

Peter
Are we still on <1000 transactions an hour on the new API?
Thanks
Regards
Peter
Euler

I don't think the limit has changed but I also haven't seen anybody charged for ages since they removed the limit a little while ago.
PeterLe

Ive often exceeded it and cant remember when I last incurred charges..

Yes it still mentioned in the T&C's.

I emailed betfair and asked if they could point me to the T&C's specific to the new API, but they havent responded yet
Euler

pmanso wrote:I'm using the new version and i can't find the kremlin Cup 2014 for the ATP, only for the WTA. Can you check? Thanks.
Turns out this is a Betfair API issue but they haven't been able to offer a solution as yet.
pmanso

But in the API-NG Visualiser both ATP and WTA events appear, so it doesn't make sense being an API problem.
Euler

It's to do with the bulk downloading of markets via the API. So not an API issue of sorts but an error in the way it's being done.

We can work around the issue on the next build.
Alpha322

Euler wrote:Alpha, it is annoying. But particularly so from the vendor side of the business. It means the cost of producing the software has effectively doubled without any benefit. It's been a complete re-write of the code for a lot of people and some vendors have just given up with that in mind. So not an ideal situation. I'd imagine a few apps will just switch off on the 1st Nov.

From what I can see a lot has changed in the architecture at Betfair's back end so NG is is the API catching up on that. But in terms of actual benefits to everybody there are a few, like no call limits, but nothing earth shattering. Even then that's offset by the desire of Betfair to produce a leaner operating model. I think we will all have to see how the dust settles after the migration to see what the overall impact is.

We will ensure Bet Angel customer get the full benefit of any improvements.
Thanks Peter for the explanation, i have saved all my strategy files for automation in Guardian will these load in the new version and put all the settings back
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Euler wrote:It's to do with the bulk downloading of markets via the API
Just to expand on that. If you look at the Kremlin Cup on the betfair web site, you'll see that there are two nodes called Mens Tournament one above the other, whereas the Womens Tournament is only in the data structure the once. Betfair Market Ops have identified the bug that caused that, so it won't happen again, but we'll be able to workaround it for the next build.
LinusP

Peter as of last month the transaction limits were 1000 as I got charged. However I have been running numerous programs on the same account and haven't been told off yet...
pmanso

When can we have the next build with the fix on the kremlin cup ATP. It's urgent as we can't trade with those games. The problem is not only the tree, all the games from that cup don't appear on the search either. Thanks.
Euler

You can still use the 'old' version of Bet Angel while we fix this, no need to stop trading!
pmanso

Yes I know, but never the less do you have any estimation for the next build. Thanks.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”