New Bet Angel Professional Beta 1.37 - API NG

Tuco

Yes I'm using the old betfair site. What is interesting is that BOTH your old and new graphs show the LTP as still being 870, so it appears there is a problem with the new API especially as the LTP on Rory McIlroy did not change on BA for a week (and no doubt not on the new BF site) when thousands were being matched up to and into the 1.6's. A week after the SPOTY shortlist was announced, the LTP eventually corrected itself on Rory, so it is clear and without question that the new API cannot be relied upon for the LTP value.
Tuco

It also explains as to why the values on IACGMOOH can be different on each of my two PC's when switched on at different times - both of course still being inaccurate when compared to betfair. The only conclusion is that the new API has bugs and requires updating as this problem did not exist under he old API.
Tuco

To conclude, I would summise that the problem lies with the new BetFair API and not with BAP v1.37.5 so if you could speak with and advise Betfair of this problem it will help us all. Many thanks :)
Euler

I trust the API with at millions a week, but don't trust Betfair's web site at all as there are known issues. For example your P&L will differ there due to known errors with rounding which Betfair have not fixed. I trust the API and Bet Angel because I have to shovelling through the money I do.
Tuco

please then expalin Peter as to why each of 2 PC's are showing different data results for the IACGMOOH screenshots sent to [email protected] last night. If the new API was stable then the info on each PC would always be the same - they are not the same which suggests BetFairs new API is faulty - if you speak with support they will show you the screenshots. I'm looking at the two PC's right now and the net stakes, one-touch green-up button and P&L trading columns are NOT THE SAME!
Tuco

I trust Bet Angel but I do not trust the new Betfair API as I'm seeing false results on a daily basis.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Tuco wrote: the new API cannot be relied upon for the LTP value.
We are awaiting confirmation from betfair, but it is thought the the new site and API accounts for all aspects of cross matching whereas the old site doesn't. So the new site volumes and prices are slightly more correct than the old.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Tuco wrote: for the IACGMOOH screenshots sent to [email protected] last night.
That explains why we haven't seen them. They need to go to [email protected]
Euler

Tuco wrote:I trust Bet Angel but I do not trust the new Betfair API as I'm seeing false results on a daily basis.
If you send us clear and concise information we will happily investigate. We just need to be able to replicate them, then we can investigate them properly.

If there are any issues out there we want to know.
Tuco

Last nights screenshots email has been re-sent to [email protected] - my email program auto chose 'The Bet Angel Team' which had [email protected] underneath. If there were no problems with the new API then both laptop screens would always show the same results but they do not as per the screenshots. All open bets were cancelled in the IACGMOOH winner market before taking the screenshots. To repeat, this market has not been partially settled an no runners have been removed from it. Hope they help in at least someone believing what I said the screens all show. I verily believe the problem lies within the new betfair API.
Tuco

This morning at 08:04am I received a read confirmation to the email I sent last night which I will happily forward if necessary which is why I'm surprised the email had not yet been received. Anyway it has also now been forwarded to [email protected] so this should help clear things up.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Thanks for those, we've just replied. The first thing to eliminate is a system clock issue. Make sure the date / time & timezone are correct on both PCs. That could explain why some of the matched bets are missing.
Tuco

I've just looked on the old betfair site and it says the first bet I placed on this market was bet id 43546694398 matched on 16-Nov-14 at 21:11, but on BAP under the matched bets tab the first matched bet is bet id 44025404397 matched on 30-Nov-14 at 19:42:22 so there is a discrepancy there. I've just looked in Guardian and it says I have exactly 1000 matched bets in this market - I know there are considerably more so this is another issue and perhaps where these problems and issues lie. Both laptops are (UTC) Dublin, Edinburgh, Lisbon, London and are within 1 second of one another. At night I always exit then close down both laptops.
Tuco

So perhaps it resets the matched bets to a maximum of 1000 when the market is opened? I'm over 1000 again now so will re-boot laptop 2 to see what it says - brb
Tuco

Re-booted laptop 2 and the matched bets has been reduced in number to 999 which is the latest 999 bets so all the older ones have now been removed from the calculations, hence the difference between the 2 laptop screens and hence the difference with the old betfair website. So the new Betfair API is only good for 999 bets and beyond that is inaccurate in any given market.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”