New Bet Angel Professional Beta 1.37 - API NG

Tuco

Good morning Euler :)

"I should add that it is only one specific market that is like this, not several."

Yes its only one market that's affected:
http://sports.betfair.com/Index.do?mi=1 ... origin=MRL

This market shows different corrupt and incorrect data to the betfair screen. When loaded on two identical computers at the same time, it also shows different corrupt and incorrect data,
Tuco

Actually I'd like to add that the in-play trader has also been showing inaccurate and impossible LTP data on several markets
Tuco

an example of this is the Sports Personality of The Year market http://sports.betfair.com/Index.do?mi=1 ... origin=MRL

The in-play trader shows the LTP was 1.3 on Rory McIlroy but BetFair correctly shows the LTP was in fact 1.54 - it has not been matched at 1.3 in the past week.
James1st

burtbrown wrote:Would halting updates to guardian/spreadsheets when a markets status is Suspended work here?
burtbrown wrote:Would halting updates to guardian/spreadsheets when a markets status is Suspended work here?
An irritating change in the new API.

Personally, I disconnect the spreadsheet until I get time to save the spreadsheet data.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Tuco wrote:Good morning Euler :)

"I should add that it is only one specific market that is like this, not several."

Yes its only one market that's affected:
I'm assuming that market has been partially settled as people have been eliminated. There's a known bug with the betfair API regarding the Profit and Loss calculation for markets of that type, they currently have the fix planned in for 24th February 2015!

Could you try using the Bet Angel option to calculate Profit and Loss locally and let us know if that sorts things out. You switch on that option in the Bet Angel Settings screen -> Communications page.

BTW, betfair also have a known issue regarding intermittent Last Traded Price changes following a market suspension (and currently don't have a scheduled fix date for that), but that sounds slightly different to the mispriced LTP in the Sports Personality of the Year market. However there's every chance the problems are related and it's just bad data originating from the API. I've just checked the market now at 10:36GMT and it is correctly showing the LTP as 1.54 for Rory Mcllroy, so if you see this post in the next few mins, I'd be interested to know if you still see the incorrect value.
Tuco

...yes the LTP on Rory has now changed to 1.54 from 1.3 - bout a week late! Gareth Bale has also changed to the correct value being 85 - this morning it was again incorrect showing 260 so has been wrong since the shortlist was announced last Monday.

On the IACGMOOH outright market the two people who have left are still in the betfair market and considered to be runners - you are still able to back and lay these people as well as the any other selection so they should not have been partially settled as they have not been eliminated - in these shows no-one is settled until the show is completed in full AFTER the winner is announced. The two contestants who have left the Jungle are still listed in the Betfair market, and have not been removed which is when BetFair would partially settle a market.

Just looking now on each computer - the data values are DIFFERENT in several of the boxes even though both are on the same market at the very same time!

This includes 'net stake', 'one touch green up button', 'ladder trading column' and so on - but not all selections are different?????

Most frustrating as it is necessary to have a betfair window up to see the proper overall picture, but means greening up, etc cannot be relied upon and is unstable.
Tuco

The First elimination for the IACGMOOH is actually on tonight, but that is a seperate market which was only added to betfair last night once the 4 of 10 up for elimination were known - that market does not affect the outright market in any way:

Who will win ITV's I’m A Celebrity Get Me Out Of Here?

"At the start of each scheduled live elimination show this market will be turned in-play with unmatched bets cancelled. The market will then be suspended when voting lines close and re-opened once the elimination has been announced with unmatched bets cancelled and time delay removed. Betfair will not void or settle bets on individual runners unless this market as a whole is voided or settled. Customers are entirely responsible for their bets at all times. All bets stand run or not.

Note: This market will initially be made incomplete with any further celebrities joining the show added to the market. At its absolute discretion, Betfair will add 'Any Other' as a runner and make the market complete."
Tuco

...just to add that looking through my BF P&L there are NO entries for the two people (Gemma Collins and Craig Charles) who have already left the jungle or this market at all.

Both Gemma Collins and Craig Charles are still available to back and lay in this market and there has been much speculation that Craig Charles might indeed return following the death of his brother, which is not going to happen.

On the two seperate computer screens on different computers as I look this very moment, the values for the 3 favourites are different from each other and both incorrect and corrupt!!! (Amazingly the two contestants data who have left are exactly the same, yet both wrong!!)
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We've placed a few bets on the market this morning and everything matches the betfair web site at the moment, but we'll check them again tomorrow as the market changes. Please could you send screenshots of the matched bets of both of your PCs and from the betfair web site itself to [email protected] and we'll see if we can spot anything unusual or see any patterns. At the moment you are the only person that has reported P&Ls on two instances of Bet Angel not matching, so we'll need as much information as you can provide to investigate. Please mention this forum discussion when submitting the support ticket so that everything gets linked.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Just to follow up on Tuco's posts. We've continued to monitor the I'm a Celebrity winner market and the Bet Angel P&L has displayed as expected and the bets have matched betfair at all times. We also haven't had any similar problems reported in the last few days. Are you continuing to see problems on your two PCs?
Tuco

Good evening BA - yes the figures are still inaccurate and different on each PC even though looking at the very same market at the same time - will try and do screenshot and send tomorrow. The problem does not only lie with the two campmates who have already left the jungle (which have NOT been partially or fully settled on BetFair) but with others also meaning the trading profit column, one-touch green up button, net stake button etc are all incorrect and cannot be relied upon. On a different market SPOTY Outright Winner, the LTP values were incorrect on some of the final 10 shortlisted for 7 days until on Monday when it corrected itself. Again this problem showed itself on both PC's.
Tuco

Very annoying - set the alarm for 7am when the market 'might' be quiet - of course it isn't quiet. Switched both PC's on at the same time and they are now displaying exactly the same data for each of the fields. It is still incorrect data, but it is now consistently incorrect data when comparing to the betfair website. Yesterday the PC's were displaying different incorrect data. I'll switch off PC 2 off and wait a couple of hours so that there are matched bets in the meantime to see if that makes a difference and report. Damn annoying trying to save a screenshot into paint whilst bets keep getting matched.
Tuco

When 2nd PC switched on at 1100am different incorrect data shows again in several, but not all of the fields as previously advised.
Euler

I've been fiddling on this market and can't replicate your problem. This is an odd one.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Can you send some screenshots of the one-click screen and the matched bets screen of both PCs and the market on the betfair web site into [email protected].

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”