New Bet Angel Professional Beta 1.37 - API NG

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

to75ne wrote:this new api version does work on my machine. it will not load any markets.
Could you raise a ticket with support, so that we can create a message thread and try to resolve this. Have you got a second PC to try it on to see if its occurring on everything on your network?
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Online Trader wrote:I am unable to load any automation rules in Guardian, I can see them but they do not appear in the drop down menu for each market?
Apart from that, do the markets look ok? Are you able to see the odds in Guardian for the market? Are you able to place bets manually with the main trading screen?
Online Trader

Bet Angel wrote:
Online Trader wrote:I am unable to load any automation rules in Guardian, I can see them but they do not appear in the drop down menu for each market?
Apart from that, do the markets look ok? Are you able to see the odds in Guardian for the market? Are you able to place bets manually with the main trading screen?
Yes and now they have all reappeared, very strange goings on :?:
Euler

If you load markets in Guardian, save them and then return at some point in the future Bet Angel will have to re-populate them by cycling through them. If the market doesn't exist it will show as closed. But while restoring them they would be blank until Bet Angel can check on their status. Don't know if that may explain what you are seeing?
to75ne

Bet Angel wrote:
to75ne wrote:this new api version does work on my machine. it will not load any markets.
Could you raise a ticket with support, so that we can create a message thread and try to resolve this. Have you got a second PC to try it on to see if its occurring on everything on your network?
i think i solved the market loading problems not sure how.

i uninstalled the new version deleted the folder. done a windows update, reloaded etc and the markets appear ok. they load whatever method i choose .

the only problem is the ladder. continuos flashing of the market depth column, numbers are there then flash off and so on.i have not got that "show last traded vol" ticked, its worse with that.

but overall its fine and very useable apart from the flashing------ hope it dont give me an epileptic fit :lol:
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Does it still flash if you switch off Virtual Bet Display in the Settings screen? The virtual prices come directly from betfair with this API and they apply it to all prices down the ladder.

I just want to understand if that is what you are describing as the flashing ladder, or whether it's something we haven't seen.
Lagos

I am also seeing the flashing of the market depth on the ladder and virtual bet display is not ticked.
Apart from that it has a really nice feel to it so well done!
to75ne

Bet Angel wrote:Does it still flash if you switch off Virtual Bet Display in the Settings screen? The virtual prices come directly from betfair with this API and they apply it to all prices down the ladder.

I just want to understand if that is what you are describing as the flashing ladder, or whether it's something we haven't seen.
yeah that as sorted it out. thanks.
:D
to75ne

spoke too soon, its slowed it down. the flashing is now every 3 to 4 seconds as oppossed too 1 to 2 times a second
:(
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

What are your refresh settings (both the main screen refresh and the other settings in the Communications page of the settings editor)?
to75ne

my main screen refresh is 300 ms

and see screeshot of comms area, i have not changed these, they are the same ones i use for mode 0 on the old api
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

We'd be interested in knowing if you feel changing the Connection Smoothing has any impact on the flashing you're seeing. Also if you have a way to capture the flashing in a short video that could be sent to support, that'd be very useful too.
to75ne

i will trade till approx 5:30 varying the the smoothing, but i have no recording software. in the past i have always found recording software to be resource hungry that slows ba down, so never bothered with/never needed it.

post again later with how i feel the smoothing behaves
to75ne

so far changing the smoothing as no effect at on the flashing, but i have downloaded and installed some video capture stuff, and have captured approx 3 mins of the catt 16:50 and it clearly shows the flashing, that is on all markets at all times.

so will email to support as requested.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Thanks.

The Accounts half of the new Betfair API has been messing around this afternoon so account permissioning and log-in processing has been very intermittent. We've raised it with betfair and hope to get an explanation on Monday.

We've also seen evidence of one of their server caches running slow, so stale data from that might be causing the flashing you've seen. Once we've watched your video we'll try to recreate it and will raise the issue with betfair if it points to their API.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”